What did you do to your Supra today?

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
Very nice! That explains why you’re able to do it yourself. I was thinking of doing it myself but everyone told me it’s not that easy. Better off letting the pros do it.
Thanks!

Yes indeed not something I’d ever recommend doing without major experience. And you’re right the Supra is much more difficult than most applications.

And as I always say… “the product is only as good as the installer”. The end result is all about the installer.

I’m a perfectionist so… I wouldn’t trust many others with my personal car.

PPF when it’s new! Cheers.
51FD7EA4-E5A0-4FB3-9108-024639170648.jpeg

superd6199

First Name
Dang
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra Edition, RC-F, CT200h F-Sport, GS350 F-Sport, Integra Type R
Thanks!

Yes indeed not something I’d ever recommend doing without major experience. And you’re right the Supra is much more difficult than most applications.

And as I always say… “the product is only as good as the installer”. The end result is all about the installer.

I’m a perfectionist so… I wouldn’t trust many others with my personal car.

PPF when it’s new! Cheers.
51FD7EA4-E5A0-4FB3-9108-024639170648.jpeg
Wow it looks amazing! I really need to get mine done ASAP.

bajanstefan

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
3.0 Premium
Today, I had to make my first insurance claim on my Supra. 10 days into ownership, got hit by an uninsured driver while I was stopped at a red light.
4DA0CBA2-1BD8-4CA7-BA53-2001A931F60C.jpeg
I stand with you in solidarity. Someone backed into my while I was stopped, haven't seen my supra in a month cause of bumper cover backorders through Toyota supply channels so its been in the shop since. Other driver was covered though I almost lost it when he said "hey man, ill give you $400 for it, dont call the cops." Yeah ill take $400 when the light itself is $1700, bloody idiot.
tempImagelR2V5m.jpg

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 a91 edition Supra 2016 Lexus rc f BMW 435I
Installed Verus side splitters. Love the subtle look.
Love the look and yes the product itself is very subtle....
The HUGE maker mark is horrible...not subtle at all...
Don't understand why companies do this...it's a turn off(for me atleast)...
I don't advertise my own business why would I advertise someone else's....

Steve

bajanstefan

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
3.0 Premium
Love the look and yes the product itself is very subtle....
The HUGE maker mark is horrible...not subtle at all...
Don't understand why companies do this...it's a turn off(for me atleast)...
I don't advertise my own business why would I advertise someone else's....

Steve
For them it’s likely the most seamless form of marketing. A lot of people also dig decals so I can see the appeal of the look. Like you said though, it’s a really solid looking piece.

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 MKV Supra and floating toys.
I'm certain after seeing what hot 0w-20 looks like being drained that 5w30 is the correct weight oil for this vehicle.

Also this Armaspeed intake will satisfy the boy hood racer in everyone. It's borderline ridiculous (in the best way) the sounds you get from it.

20210710_163816.jpg

bajanstefan

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
3.0 Premium
I'm certain after seeing what hot 0w-20 looks like being drained that 5w30 is the correct weight oil for this vehicle.

Also this Armaspeed intake will satisfy the boy hood racer in everyone. It's borderline ridiculous (in the best way) the sounds you get from it.

20210710_163816.jpg
Can you elaborate a little? How did the 0W look and what would it imply? Not questioning you just looking for a little context.

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 MKV Supra and floating toys.
Can you elaborate a little? How did the 0W look and what would it imply? Not questioning you just looking for a little context.
Water...it legitimately had the consistency, sound, and splashing characteristic of brown water.

Take it with a grain of salt as I'm just another opinion on the internet, but with a high degree of confidence I say that the idle sounds smoother (quieter) and the oil weight simply inspires more confidence in the vehicles longevity. I will be changing with liquid Molly 5w30 every 3-5k for the rest of my ownership. That oil change (filter, gaskets, & shipping) cost me a whopping $60 and about 45min of my time. Worth every penny, if for nothing else the peace of mind alone.

Also for anyone who might be intimidated by the DIY...These cars couldn't be easier to change the oil on, and the good old $80 harbor freight aluminum fits right under the front bumper of the car enough to jack from the centered jack point and put the car on front jack stands.

Last edited: