What did you do to your Supra today?

starman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0P
Had the Active Autowerke catted down pipe installed today. Am I the only one who expected more out of it? I don’t really notice a difference in sound..
This would depend on the exhaust you have. I suppose if you have one of those aftermarket exhaust systems where the valved side is just a straight pipe, then you may not notice the difference from inside the cabin as those configuration exhaust systems are already pretty loud with stock cats.

I don't know about stock exhaust systems, but I have Armytrix catback which is one of the quieter options --- I had disabled ASD and in sport mode (with stock cats) it was still too quiet when inside the cabin. I then added the AA catted downpipe and it made a difference in sound volume to where I can hear it inside the cabin now with added burbbles for sure. Volume for me was perfect, not too loud and not too quiet.

So yes, it does increase sound volume. but depending on what exhaust you have, you may or may not hear a difference (especially inside the cabin)

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
Had the Active Autowerke catted down pipe installed today. Am I the only one who expected more out of it? I don’t really notice a difference in sound..
Depends on the driving mode and how much you're pushing it. If you're keeping it tame, the exhaust note is just a bit deeper and throatier. It really burbles and pops if you're downshifting around 3k RPM in sport mode. Definitely a little tamer than catless, and it would also be better to hear with aftermarket exhausts.

LubSupla

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 1995 Honda Civic, 1985 Toyota ExtraCab Pickup, 2003 Jeep Wrangler, 2003 H2 Hummer, 2004 Toyota RAV4, 2014 Honda Pilot
Vehicle Showcase
Finally received my wheels that I ordered back in March of 2021. Also got the functional (at least doesn’t look fake) front vents and finally the red start button.

Attachments

obito

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Finished up the “Tadda” mod to my subwoofer box and the soundproofing of the rear area of the car…. Huge improvement….

For anyone who hasn't done this, you better get on board, and get them Milli Vanilli tunes cranking….
Can’t wait to do this when it’s a little warmer out. I actually don’t mind the current sound system but everyone is definitely hyping up the change and I’m looking forward to it.

Meep

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
Theres definitely a change like when you are near the top of the rev range the pops are louder for sure and the exhaust is a bit louder. It was just slightly too quiet for me so I ordered a tomei type r

TheBayA90

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Nocturnal A90, 2021 Lexus RX350 F sport
This would depend on the exhaust you have. I suppose if you have one of those aftermarket exhaust systems where the valved side is just a straight pipe, then you may not notice the difference from inside the cabin as those configuration exhaust systems are already pretty loud with stock cats.

I don't know about stock exhaust systems, but I have Armytrix catback which is one of the quieter options --- I had disabled ASD and in sport mode (with stock cats) it was still too quiet when inside the cabin. I then added the AA catted downpipe and it made a difference in sound volume to where I can hear it inside the cabin now with added burbbles for sure. Volume for me was perfect, not too loud and not too quiet.

So yes, it does increase sound volume. but depending on what exhaust you have, you may or may not hear a difference (especially inside the cabin)
Depends on the driving mode and how much you're pushing it. If you're keeping it tame, the exhaust note is just a bit deeper and throatier. It really burbles and pops if you're downshifting around 3k RPM in sport mode. Definitely a little tamer than catless, and it would also be better to hear with aftermarket exhausts.
Theres definitely a change like when you are near the top of the rev range the pops are louder for sure and the exhaust is a bit louder. It was just slightly too quiet for me so I ordered a tomei type r
Y’all are right! I jumped the gun on this one. ? The car does so well at sound deadening that it still sounded stock from inside the cabin. I had a buddy drive it while I was outside and wow the AA catted downpipe was a great choice. Beefy burbles and louder pops for sure. Also in normal mode this thing is quiet! You get the best of both worlds.

Heavy Foot

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra. 2018 Mazda Miata RF. 2020 Range Rover.
Finally received my wheels that I ordered back in March of 2021. Also got the functional (at least doesn’t look fake) front vents and finally the red start button.
I ordered my Meister's October 15th 2021.. What size rears did you get? I ordered 19x11 +38. When do you get them put on the car? I'm looking forward to the pics.

LubSupla

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 1995 Honda Civic, 1985 Toyota ExtraCab Pickup, 2003 Jeep Wrangler, 2003 H2 Hummer, 2004 Toyota RAV4, 2014 Honda Pilot
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered my Meister's October 15th 2021.. What size rears did you get? I ordered 19x11 +38. When do you get them put on the car? I'm looking forward to the pics.
I got 19x10.5 +31 for the rears. Supra’s hibernating for the winter so won’t be putting them on till spring.

Phil3

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0 Pro
While I like the factory lip size [as in the winglet height and how far the front sticks out], Ive always hated that it doesn't wrap the bumper fully. Toyota and/or BMW designers got lazy here. I wish there was an aftermarket option like the A91 CF lip, only without the winglets being too high and flat black finish as not all of us care for carbon fiber.

Anyway I got 1080 series 3M Satin Black wrap, and at the very least, completed the bottom bit. I was originally planning on finishing it to the wheel well, but it would have looked awkward without it being raised to the thickness of the lip. I'm happy how the bottom portion came out though!

51817781167_f3320ab1a6_b.jpg

51819446450_0313789367_b.jpg
I’ve done the exact same on the front of mine, couldn’t stand the little splash of body colour under there either ?

serialbooper

First Name
Kyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
Had to get the MST intake, the stock one does not fit with the AMS chargepipe. About done, just need to bleed the system tomorrow.
I went with the AMS manifold. Fitment with it is very good, but the install is a bit of a pain in the ass. Tight work spaces to get the hoses off and there's wiring fucking everywhere. Recommend a long pick set for the coolant hose clips and a narrow long extension and 10mm for the new manifold bolts. 1/4" set that I've got worked well for that. Long magnet works well too to get the new manifold bolts in place. The couplers for the coolant lines take a bit of force to get off the heat exchanger and water pump, just be patient with them. I removed the cooling plate on top of the Rad and heat exchanger to make life easier.

thanks for the tips, finally finished mine today. Will say that cylinder 5 intake bolt was a pain in the ass. Not awful but i do work on cars for a living so im sure im biased. Ams instructions for the install are pure garbage ?

Attachments