What did you do to your Supra today?

SupraDC

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
if you are a bit handy and familiar with a rattlecan and a polisher it's an easy job to fix this yourself, I did it on my car and it turned out OK. there is a thread here somewhere where this was discussed and where I posted my "ste by step"
basically you fill the holes, sand down, mask around, spray paint and then sand down and polish to blend it in
then again if you're happy with the plugs it would be a waist of time, after all it's your car :)
Two points on this ....

1) Of course I would never have let the dealer drill holes. I purchased this used. So it had holes from the Toyota dealer (original owner) and additional holes (Carmax). That led to this being larger than normal.

2) Phantom paint. My understanding is that the entire piece would need to be repainted. I just got mine back from them repainting the entire trunk for two places where the paint had cracked. Dealer agreed it was a warranty issue. That's where I got the estimate and it snawballed from there.

The car is my daily driver, more or less. If it was a show car and I'm constantly getting questions and grief, I might move faster, but for now, it'll work for me. Thank you everyone for their input! This is all still very new to me (8/21).

Last edited:

obito

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Two pints on this ....

1) Of course I would never have let the dealer drill holes. I purchased this used. So it had holes from the Toyota dealer (original owner) and additional holes (Carmax). That led to this being larger than normal.

2) Phantom paint. My understanding is that the entire piece would need to be repainted. I just got mine back from them repainting the entire trunk for two places where the paint had cracked. Dealer agreed it was a warranty issue. That's where I got the estimate and it snawballed from there.

The car is my daily driver, more or less. If it was a show car and I'm constantly getting questions and grief, I might move faster, but for now, it'll work for me. Thank you everyone for their input! This is all still very new to me (8/21).
I feel you on this. Do your thing man.

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
IMG_4985.jpeg
IMG_4984.jpeg
IMG_4987.jpeg

Sorry for the low quality pics -- got the TS-5s finally installed on the 265 & 295 PS4Ss. Got some nice M valve caps as well. Gonna take it out for a quick drive later to get the TPMS recalibrated, and hopefully I can grab some better pictures then.

My butt dyno feels like the car is slightly snappier off the line.

darkloki

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra MKIV Turbo Six Speed Getrag v160 BPU
Vehicle Showcase
Finished up the interior and well My first Supra has something that my Newer Supra doesn't have in the middle of it, but damn this conversion costed me 20k..... o_O I'm sure it'll totally be worth it once we go out and give her a spin after some final preperations..Everything in this interior has been replaced with new parts... I just wish I had done this 10 years ago not, better late then never.

• New Stage 3 Carbon Syncro V160 capable of 1000+ HP (But don't want to push it beyond that due to it's cost)
  • New Cutch Master FX 1000 Flywheel and Clutch Twin Disk
  • New TRD Diffrential
  • 6Speed Diffrential Pumpkin
  • All of the Seals tubes and interior parts pedals and other random toyota parts to complete the Conversion

For those who think it's easy to switch an automatic to manual it isn't, and it isn't cheap. I mean sure you could be cheap and get a make-shift tranny but if you go with the Pride and Glory V160! it'll cost you...

Screen Shot 2022-03-09 at 6.35.43 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-03-09 at 6.48.27 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-03-09 at 6.47.48 PM.png

Last edited:

Powaup

First Name
Clyde
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Youtube.com
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra
Personally I like it, big turbo noises with a much different tone compared to aluminum or stainless steel intake pipes. Does it make more power? Probably not, but until I replace the charge pipe its all moot anyway but holy crap it looks good. One of the best two intakes for the Supra (GruppeM being number 2) IMO.
thats awesome. Do you plan on getting the cover at a later time?

Patina

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Nitro Yellow

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black

Patina

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Nitro Yellow
woah holy shit.
Glad I wasn't the only one, dear god when I saw that price I did a double take and then started laughing, that's like custom steering wheel prices. If it was in the $300~ range that would be a lot more tolerable since Autotecknic sells the billet aluminum ones for $250~.

STSGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Glad I wasn't the only one, dear god when I saw that price I did a double take and then started laughing, that's like custom steering wheel prices. If it was in the $300~ range that would be a lot more tolerable since Autotecknic sells the billet aluminum ones for $250~.
Agreed and I definitely did not pay that much for them. I got lucky and found a set for around that price :cool:

LinkMK5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 A91-CF, 21 X5 4.0i
thats awesome. Do you plan on getting the cover at a later time?
Already got it and installed. I bought the full intake kit, not just the suction section.