What did you do to your Supra today?

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
Holy shit just went on to the website.....$179 for 2 pieces of extremely small plastic 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Yeah, but actually they're quite worth it. Those are next on my list.
Open to what???
Open to silencing the little brats at the next car show when they try to show their friend how the Supra sucks because "iT hAs FaKe VeNtS eVeRyWhErE"

Supra Jr.

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 supra
Yeah, but actually they're quite worth it. Those are next on my list.

Open to silencing the little brats at the next car show when they try to show their friend how the Supra sucks because "iT hAs FaKe VeNtS eVeRyWhErE"
I'm sorry $179 for 5" of plastic with holes in it is not worth it, but people like you buying will keep the price nice and inflated!!

Jmanlevan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Supra 3.0 MT, '00 4Runner SR5
HKS HIPERMAX springs on default setting with usual supra spec 19s 9.5 +25 and 10.5 +35 tires 265 35 & 305 30

C1220E0B-BEC1-488B-84B3-6790052BE638.jpeg

IMG_9527.jpeg

IMG_9532.jpeg

IMG_9536.jpeg

IMG_9383.jpeg
The wheels and stance are perfect imo. Question though: Why a taller sidewall for the front tires?

SupraTR

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Supra 3.0 Premium; Mazda CX-5
He's right though. Some of these bits and pieces are a complete rip-off.
While I agree in principle that the nature of a lot of these parts for our cars are expensive for the level of value they actually provide...the reality is low volume custom parts are expensive to develop, have made and shipped, and then the person who created wants to turn a profit (and deserves it). So while the "real looking fake vents" for $179 might really run $40 if there were 100,000 units being sold per year, there are probably considerably less than 1,000 sets that will be sold ever of these. It likely wouldn't make financial sense to sell the same product even at $139 (now maybe it would but there is literally no competition). The same principle likely applies to the exhausts that cost $2.5k on our car when roughly the same thing runs $1.5k on another car. Don't get me wrong I would love to be paying more reasonable amounts for the bits and pieces but I also appreciate the fact I have an uncommon car where I rarely see another on the road.

TLDR: I bought both sets of the real look fake vents and they were 100% worth it to me. The rest is just economics.

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
While I agree in principle that the nature of a lot of these parts for our cars are expensive for the level of value they actually provide...the reality is low volume custom parts are expensive to develop, have made and shipped, and then the person who created wants to turn a profit (and deserves it). So while the "real looking fake vents" for $179 might really run $40 if there were 100,000 units being sold per year, there are probably considerably less than 1,000 sets that will be sold ever of these. It likely wouldn't make financial sense to sell the same product even at $139 (now maybe it would but there is literally no competition). The same principle likely applies to the exhausts that cost $2.5k on our car when roughly the same thing runs $1.5k on another car. Don't get me wrong I would love to be paying more reasonable amounts for the bits and pieces but I also appreciate the fact I have an uncommon car where I rarely see another on the road.

TLDR: I bought both sets of the real look fake vents and they were 100% worth it to me. The rest is just economics.
I don't disagree. I'm more annoyed at $170 plastic triangles to stop wind buffeting, etc.