What do you do for a living?

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Buy and sell 🐱🐈 + sell fancy looking plastic with squares and the round things that make ur car turn except I make them no longer round and combine it with said fancy plastic with squares. I also dabble in various noise makers, from the stututu kind, to the pop and bang kind and all matters in between.
My initial quick look of that did not equal cats haha
Sponsored

Kolme

First Name
Kolme
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Everyone is in a different place, with a different history, and comparing yourself to others is a sure way to be miserable.

The only person I should be concerned with being 'better than' is the man I was yesterday. Lastly, one thing we all know, but somehow still refuse to learn, is that money has never guaranteed happiness.
Very accurate for anyone of any income. We all experience the exact same monetary envy of others, and they in-turn experience it as well. Being satisfied in your personal accomplishments will be much more rewarding than chasing the accomplishments of someone else.

rwense

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Nitro Yellow A90 Supra, 10 Honda Fit Sport 5spd
IT @ a big 3 oem. Just accepted the same type of role at another oem that aligns more with what I drive currently :)
If you happened to leave the one that starts with an F, you sir made the right decision. I left back in August and haven't looked back. 😂

AHP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium, 2022 C8 HTC, 2019 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
FYI I'm looking for a Ruby and Rails senior (or principal) software engineer. Fintech/payments, 100% remote, incredibly talented and innovative team.

ogun228

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Turbulence gray Premium Supra
Practially anyone can get a car loan pretty easily these days. So the real question should be this: Who purchased a Supra and paid cash for it?

I did. Retired for 18 years. Have kept the car stock and dealer serviced so far. Never any issue.

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
My initial quick look of that did not equal cats haha
My first thoughts as well! I was previously unaware that Phillip is in the business of expensive horizontal refreshment.

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
My first thoughts as well! I was previously unaware that Phillip is in the business of expensive horizontal refreshment.
How else would we get such great deals on aftermarket parts?

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
I thinks it’s silly to conclude across the board that if you make a sub 100k income it’s a bad idea to finance or lease a Supra.

There are too many factors to account for, it really depends on who you are and what you want with your future.

I waited until I knocked off a few career goals, owned a house and had significant investments as well as salary before indulging in a few toys.

Financial considerations were a factor but more importantly I decided that I needed to be hungry and live hungry in the situation I was in with the career goals I had.

So luxury wasn’t conducive to success at the time even though I was more than able to afford some along the way.

Make sure you have the personality to deal with and adapt to poor life decisions and unexpected adversity before stretching yourself with a financial commitment like a Supra.

Meh, owning a sports car in general is a bad decision. Racing one even more so. you only live once- got promoted at Taco Bell so that along with living in my mom's basement I can swing it. I have to feed her cats and mow the lawn every once and a while.

Last edited:

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
Meh, owning a sports car in general is a bad decision. Racing one even more so. you only live once- got promoted at Taco Bell so that along with living in my mom's basement I can swing it. I have to feed her cats and mow the lawn every once and awhile.
So long as you don’t feed the lawn and mow the cats.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
Once AND a while? Technically, that's only twice. Not a bad deal.

😋
for cripes sake i work at Taco Bell... School wasn't my thing. Fingers crossed a race team calls me! But, probably just to make their sandwiches....
Sponsored