Caden Yeatman

First Name
Caden
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 BMW M4
Hey!
I’m looking at doing a CTS turbo in the future and I was curious what’s needed upgrade wise for it?
I’ll probably be running E50 and around 600-620 wheel so nothing crazy. I don’t want to have to build my trans.
I currently have dp, chargepipe, exhaust, intake, and bm3 OTS tune.
I saw things about port injection/motive reflex so I’m just curious about what is needed to reliably make around 600whp.
Thanks!
Sponsored

KBGT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
All you need is the turbo and a E30 tune, maybe a flex fuel sensor to make life easy. You will run out of HPFP on the upgraded turbo and E50. Plus the power you will make on a CTS and E50 is more than the trans can handle, I already ran that experiment for you.

OP
OP

Caden Yeatman

First Name
Caden
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 BMW M4
All you need is the turbo and a E30 tune, maybe a flex fuel sensor to make life easy. You will run out of HPFP on the upgraded turbo and E50. Plus the power you will make on a CTS and E50 is more than the trans can handle, I already ran that experiment for you.
I appreciate that, what HPFP would you recommend?

KBGT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
I don't recommend going past what the factory HPFP can handle. With the CTS turbo, catted DP, and EOS manifold, and water/meth my setup did 560whp on 92 octane @25-26 psi.

BTW there is a thread with a title something like: "101 Routes to big power" that has all the info you are looking for.

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
You need an auxiliary LPFP (I run Vader Solutions, but PFS is another good option); a port injection plate; a set of 1050cc injectors; a Motiv Reflex+; a Motiv 0-10 bar pressure sensor; a Continental ethanol sensor; a Motiv ethanol harness; a tune (MHD+ or Ecutek will be easiest); and the turbo. I also highly recommend a Tensility Motorsports PnP harness for the Motiv to make your life easier.

I will caution you that CTS turbos seem to be pretty problematic designs. Lots of failures here and in Facebook Supra groups.

AJRMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Manual Supra
Hey!
I’m looking at doing a CTS turbo in the future and I was curious what’s needed upgrade wise for it?
I’ll probably be running E50 and around 600-620 wheel so nothing crazy. I don’t want to have to build my trans.
I saw things about port injection/motive reflex so I’m just curious about what is needed to reliably make around 600whp.
Thanks!
Don't waste your time on CTS when there is a kit like Remnant's available. It's worth the extra $700 - $1000

KBGT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
I agree with @Thraxbert if you insist on running E50 on an upgraded turbo, but the simple and cheaper version is to drop back to E30 at max and stick with your stock fuel system and trans.

I would also caution you that I know of two CTS turbos that failed when they were first released. I have not heard of any since then but would love for others to point me to some evidence of "lots of failures". Now that other options are available CTS probably would not be my first choice, but it's working fine for me and hundreds of others.

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
Hey!
Thanks!

For low 600s whp....

All you need is the turbo, port injection and reflex plus. And then you could run e85 if you wanted to

OP
OP

Caden Yeatman

First Name
Caden
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 BMW M4
For low 600s whp....

All you need is the turbo, port injection and reflex plus. And then you could run e85 if you wanted to
Thanks!

Is there a big difference between the EOS PI Kit and the Reflex/Precision Raceworks kit?

Also I read somewhere that BM3 doesn't support PI, is that true or was that just outdated?

Thanks again in advanced!

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra / 2019 Y61 Nissan Patrol
Hey!
Thanks!
You're pretty much set for a turbo upgrade all that is missing is the flex fuel sensor. However, if you're going over E30 as @Thraxbert you're going to need PI and motiv reflex. Also DO NOT go for a CTS turbo there are much better turbo's out there. Remnant and Pure850 are the go to right now. However, some pure850's where shot so choose your poison. Both turbos are good for 800whp

Also hear is a thread for gains. https://www.supramkv.com/threads/gr-supra-101-routes-to-big-power.17670/

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
Thanks!

Is there a big difference between the EOS PI Kit and the Reflex/Precision Raceworks kit?

Also I read somewhere that BM3 doesn't support PI, is that true or was that just outdated?

Thanks again in advanced!
Not really. The main difference between the two plates is the PR one has the Cylinder 6 injector port more centered in the middle of the runner and the EOS has it off center. But neither has shown any issues.

BM3 you can use port injection. It's just not controlled by the DME like Ecutek and MHD. You have to tune the reflex separately. Which isn't a bad thing in itself. But the Integration is better on Ecutek and MHD.

Razors Edge

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Hey!
Thanks!
Might want to check out @zrk ’s for sale thread. Killer price on quite a few items that you’re asking about/need. This might get you most of the way, and for what you’re getting, it’s pretty cheap. Plus he’s a solid dude that’s well respected/trusted on the forum.

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/10...-manifold-bottom-mount-xona-11569-4700.19690/

2021Supra

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2021 Lexus RC300, 2007 Tundra, 1975 Ch
So many people are reporting failures on the CTS brand. I opted for the DAW Ultra High Flow R turbo, for my needs. I would just go all out and do it right the first time. PNP harness for Reflex+, Plate for PI or new EOS intake manifold and 1050cc injectors, FF kit wit FP sensor, PNP Harness for the LPFP, and ECUTEK. Stay within your budget. Most of us have a goal, but in the end, we always want more, because we get bored with the power level and crave for more... This leads to so many other upgrades... Axles, trans, etc...

OP
OP

Caden Yeatman

First Name
Caden
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 BMW M4
Not really. The main difference between the two plates is the PR one has the Cylinder 6 injector port more centered in the middle of the runner and the EOS has it off center. But neither has shown any issues.

BM3 you can use port injection. It's just not controlled by the DME like Ecutek and MHD. You have to tune the reflex separately. Which isn't a bad thing in itself. But the Integration is better on Ecutek and MHD.
So with bm3, how is the PI controller tuned? Is it datalogged like a normal tune? I apologize if its a dumb question Im just a little confused lol. Thanks!

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
So with bm3, how is the PI controller tuned? Is it datalogged like a normal tune? I apologize if its a dumb question Im just a little confused lol. Thanks!
Unless you're part of the small group of rev2 testers. You have to tune the Port injection separately from the reflex.so two tunes. As for the logging, I think they have some logging g of it.
Sponsored