Right now my 2020 tunable Supra 3.0 has the following mods:

- Muffler Delete.
- Resonator Delete.
- MST Intake Version 2.

The upgrades I want to do are:

- Catted downpipe.
- FTP Charge pipe.
- BootMod3.

Here is my question. What would be the most reliable power figures to ensure the car remains reliable in terms of not damaging the engine of the car?

I want to tune the car to at least 450whp and 650/680wtq with all the mods listed above using regular pump fuel. Can the Supra engine handle this amount of power without taking too much stress?

I don't think I will be using the custom tune often. Mostly the car will still be driven on stock tune, and will not be used for drags or any track work.
Sponsored

StupendousA90

First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 MK5 Supra
Right now my 2020 tunable Supra 3.0 has the following mods:

- Muffler Delete.
- Resonator Delete.
- MST Intake Version 2.

The upgrades I want to do are:

- Catted downpipe.
- FTP Charge pipe.
- BootMod3.

Here is my question. What would be the most reliable power figures to ensure the car remains reliable in terms of not damaging the engine of the car?

I want to tune the car to at least 450whp and 650/680wtq with all the mods listed above using regular pump fuel. Can the Supra engine handle this amount of power without taking too much stress?

I don't think I will be using the custom tune often. Mostly the car will still be driven on stock tune, and will not be used for drags or any track work.
the engine can handle the power but the torque you listed (which is rather high for at least OTS maps) is gonna probably give the trans some issues. From what I’ve heard, you’ll start slipping around 600torque

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
CD: Supra puts down 339 horsepower and 427 lb-ft of torque at the wheels.

BM3 OTS:
Stage 2 93 octane: up to 28% HP / 28% TQ
Stage 2 E30 gas octane: up to 34% HP / 30% TQ

339*34%=454 whp
427*30%=555 w lb-ft ....

I don't think I will be using the custom tune often. Mostly the car will still be driven on stock tune
I'll humor you. Explain yourself?

Where does the fictitious 650/680wtq come from. Why? Why only BM3? Why only those mods? What are you trying to achieve? Is this the recipe for ending up in salvage yard? I've got so many questions.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
CD: Supra puts down 339 horsepower and 427 lb-ft of torque at the wheels.

BM3 OTS:
Stage 2 93 octane: up to 28% HP / 28% TQ
Stage 2 E30 gas octane: up to 34% HP / 30% TQ

339*34%=454 whp
427*30%=555 w lb-ft ....

I'll humor you. Explain yourself?

Where does the fictitious 650/680wtq come from. Why? Why only BM3? Why only those mods? What are you trying to achieve? Is this the recipe for ending up in salvage yard? I've got so many questions.
Has to be a troll post. 200 more tq than hp on the stock fuel system and turbo. Surely you jest. Even if it were possible with those mods, the trans would grenede.

OP
OP
LoveSupra

LoveSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra A90 - 2019
I apologise I seem to have made a mistake on my post, I've confused the metrics.

Current dyno: 340 hp and 560nm torque.

Required tune: 450 hp and 680nm torque.
(450 whp and 501 wtq)

I hope that clarifies it haha.

And the reason why I want these figures is because I want my car to be a little faster or on par with a stock M3 F80 ?

Reason why only those mods is because im only looking to do bolt on mods. And why BootMod is because EcuTek is not in my budget currently.

This is going to be my first tuned car, and I am trying to make sure I don't break my car lol.

If I word my question differently.

What would be the ideal reliable power my car can make with the listed mods? Using BootMod3?

EDIT: I was doing a bit more reading on BootMod3 and noticed that I can run a stage 1 tune with the Supra.

Question... is it safe for the engine to run a Stage 1 tune with just a CAI, and stock DP?

I prefer modding my car very slowly. So would this be a good setup to run on my car?

Last edited:

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
There is nothing wrong with Bootmod3. If that's what you want to use, by all means use it. The power you are asking for is easy, and is easily achievable on any OTS map from the Main platforms. No you don't need a custom tune for that.

Stock turbo power wont hurt this engine on an OTS. So you will be fine.

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
Def possible, if you are in the UK, use MHD, they make more power than bm3.

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
I run MHD on my 2020, in the states
oh I know, it is just they are local there, MHD is great, I think better than bm3, ecutek is still my favorite with the on the fly instant switching
Sponsored