What Made You Choose Your Car?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShakaDaKine

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 TG 3.0
Apart from doing a ton of research and watching a pluthera of videos, it was the test drive that got me, along with almost $7K off MSRP.
Sponsored

RyanA90

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
‘23 Supra A91-MT Burnout
Supra history made me choose my car. When i was a kid it was either NSX, GTR, Supra, Type R in that order.

_Sp1ral0ut

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tahoe, Razor E100
Would highly recommend Greenville. It's like sports car heaven around here. Huge BMW car club of America presence, M driving school, and Road Atlanta only 1.5 hours away. Shoot an hour north and Blue Ridge Parkway, lots of cool mountain roads.
I have not had the chance to drive the Supra on the Blue Ridge Parkway yet. Living in Lexington, SC - we go every fall but it's usually a family trip so we take the Tahoe. I can't wait to take the Supra through the mountains!

I often find myself in Greenville because my firm's home office is there. I didn't know about the M driving school though.

Schang105

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra, 2020 Porsche Macan
I have not had the chance to drive the Supra on the Blue Ridge Parkway yet. Living in Lexington, SC - we go every fall but it's usually a family trip so we take the Tahoe. I can't wait to take the Supra through the mountains!

I often find myself in Greenville because my firm's home office is there. I didn't know about the M driving school though.
For sure. Best to go early Spring or before roads close for winter (ice/snow closures). Lots of wide sweepers just needs to share the road with bikers so take blind corners easy.

KKP_Jay Phantom

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Karbonkings.com
Car(s)
'21 A91 - '21 Corolla H - '06 Sentra Spec-V
I was saving up for the new Z and was let down more and more with every article and new piece of information that surfaced.

Coworker wanted out of his payment, and basically just signed the note over to me.

Got it with 3k miles for $55,000... which is what i would have paid for the less capable, less aggressive looking Z.

FYI - ive been a nissan kid my whole life. Never disliked toyota, and of-course, a huge supra fan-boy, but just been loyal to nissan for seemingly no reason since 2006.

Cruzifer

First Name
Valente
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra (Renaissance Red 2.0)
I’ve just always been a 2 door car guy. I don’t like having too many people in my car so it started with a Scion tC. I just loved the look of it and then it naturally went to a FRS. Scion seemed like a cool brand until they let whoever take over and made the car look like grandparent cars.

So for the Supra, it was another natural transition I think. I was ready for something much faster & more powerful AND something with no backseat for the ultimate build in excuse of not having people in my car 😂
It was between the Supra & a C8. At the time the wait was crazy so I figured I save some money and time plus I love Toyota as a brand. Glad I made the choice I made. I just kinda wish I would have gotten Nitro Yellow.

decodeddiesel

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2016 VW Tiguan, 2007 Cayman
FYI - ive been a nissan kid my whole life. Never disliked toyota, and of-course, a huge supra fan-boy, but just been loyal to nissan for seemingly no reason since 2006.
That's how I was with Subarus. Went WAY down that rabbit hole, but it feels good to have moved on.

MYA90SUPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra premium
Car was a total impulse buy. I wanted a new car for a drag build, and figured this one would be fine. I wasn't in the market for a car necessarily, but it was sitting at a dealership when I drove by.
That's awesome you are able to do that. People like you make me wanna better myself so I can do that without being money stretched.

Reactions: zrk

mmspider

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 2.0L(sold)
I was in the market to buy a Mustang GT but came across a Supra that was selling under MSRP (2.0L model) and was close to the price of mustangs. The Supra was never on my radar until I saw one on the lot and knew I had to have it. I really like the uniqueness of the car and the nostalgia the name has with it.

OP
OP
carmigo

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
N/A
Honestly, I'm just odd. I looked at a bunch of possible things to replace my 2013 FR-S with and ultimately settled here. I very nearly went with a used 4C; in the end the complete lack of practicality with that car pulled me away. The Supra ended up having just enough to make it workable (I daily it).

I like the look, the performance is sufficient, and the price was reasonable for me.
Sounds like you made a good choice ;)

OP
OP
carmigo

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
N/A
I was in the market to buy a Mustang GT but came across a Supra that was selling under MSRP (2.0L model) and was close to the price of mustangs. The Supra was never on my radar until I saw one on the lot and knew I had to have it. I really like the uniqueness of the car and the nostalgia the name has with it.
A Supra has such an iconic look, seeing one in person hits different.

Natedawg

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Porsche
I haven't taken delivery yet but on a few lists for a manual.
Former MKIV owner. Had a few bmws since then. Loved the FT1 concept the 2020 model i was so so on. But after driving a MKV supra and being more involved with a GT4 bmw race program. BMW and toyota coming together is an awesome thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.