First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
I have a tuner lined up, but I'll definitely keep that in mind. I was tuned on ECUTEK but I'm going to switch to BM3 for my track retune.

Hoping to end up with 420ish at the wheels without overheating on 100...
why would you need to switch to BM3 just for a track tune? just curious because that is HIGHLY unnecessary, and quite frankly a waste of money to switch platforms. Track tune can be had on any flashing platform. Just use a tuner that will tune your car how you ask. Shameless plug, i tune track cars on all platforms.

Speaking for 2021+ model years, after market exhaust although they sound amazing, the average $2k spent on that could be spent sending to Femto and unlocking your ECU.
if only people knew how much those exhausts really are.

My Twisted Tuning transmission mounts. They're fantastic if you spend your life in sport mode above 3K RPM, but they're just miserable for daily driving. I'm taking them out and will be trying a softer 70A bushing from PowerFlex. They're still firmer than stock, but much softer than the TT mounts. I'm hoping that strikes a happy medium.

I'm pretty happy with all my other mods.
I respect that. I appreciate the honest post. Those mounts were designed with strength in mind due to me knowing the stock ones tear easily and i knew most people would be seeking to make high torque on these cars, so they had to be made a way that promoted more strength over comfort.

Most other mounts are kinda designed similar to OEM so they can still tear in the middle from trans torquing after some time. I am working on another design to appease this that will be semi similar to my engine mounts that will help in separating the trans noise to chassis transfer

I do appreciate your words though.

Wasted money on A cold air intake.

Found out too late that without a heatshield and a snorkel all your sucking in is the heat from the turbo.

Well at least I have whoosh sounds now 😕
believe it or not, the stock airbox with a nice dropin is the best intake up to 600whp or so, then it becomes a restriction .

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Absolute Zero Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2015 GTI
Wasted money on A cold air intake.

Found out too late that without a heatshield and a snorkel all your sucking in is the heat from the turbo.

Well at least I have whoosh sounds now 😕
I wonder how much of a difference it actually makes. Say a "cold air" intake does raise IATs by ~10 degrees, does that really matter when the air is >200F post turbo/pre intercooler?

I have been debating getting just a simple open air intake like the BMS one for noise alone, but not if there's noticeable power drop. Not interested in spending 500-700 for something that won't add performance, like most on the market either. I know that the car will start to pull timing when IATs climb over 130ish.

believe it or not, the stock airbox with a nice dropin is the best intake up to 600whp or so, then it becomes a restriction .
drop-in recommendation?

Mr.MkV

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nocturnal Mk5 Supra, Infiniti Fx45, NA Miata w/Rotrex F22 swap,
Vehicle Showcase
The mod I regret most is my roll cage, mostly because i'm 6' tall and barely fit comforbaly in my car anymore.

Last edited: