What mods to go first?

First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra A91CF, Taycan Turbo S, Prius
I'm just an idiot. I thought for sure it said intake.

The best intake manifold is EOS. Again, proven with data.
I found a good deal in the CSF Intake Manifold, should i spend a little more on the EOS?? Or there's no difference?
Sponsored

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I found a good deal in the CSF Intake Manifold, should i spend a little more on the EOS?? Or there's no difference?
EOS has shown on track to perform better and keep IATs lower, in the Texas heat at TX2K.

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
I mean, sure, but heat is heat is heat is heat is heat. Doesn't matter if it's 10hp or 1000hp. If it's hot it's hot.

I'll get you same manifold data this week.
Sounds good, thank you :thumbsup:

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
As someone who pushes.. some power, and is pretty close friends with those who do, I couldn't disagree more. There's more to a car's health than just 'making a difference' in HP.

With high IATs on a stock motor, the car starts to pull timing aggressively. Heat soak is absolutely something that someone should look to manage right off the bat. As time goes on, we learn things and being able to consistently make pass after pass, lap after lap, or whatever. Managing IATs is very very key, especially on this B58.

There is irrefutable data that EOS manifold keeps temps around 10-20-30° above ambient even in extreme conditions- like the drag cars at TX2K. It has nothing to do with how much power these cars make, it has to do with how fucking hot it is outside. There is not any data that shows a similar behavior or reduction in IATs with the upgrading heat exchanger. There is even some data to suggest that the bigger heat exchanges encourage heat soak move having to cool so much more coolant.

Not to mention, it's not exactly cool in Qatar.
Agree completely. Whether the car is stock, has a big turbo, just bolt-ons, etc. heat is something that needs to be mitigated. Cooler IATs, more power, especially with forced induction motors, and like @zrk said, the B58 seems to be particularly sensitive to this. The upgraded intake manifold has been shown to be extremely effective at reducing IATs. Before I installed any power-creating bolt-ons, I bought and installed those parts that could help reduce heat under the hood (e.g., upgraded turbo heat shield). It helped the motor operate at peak efficiency in stock form and will pay dividends down the road when I install parts that help the motor produce significantly more power. Related to this, it's also the reason I installed an AOS. It's not flashy, or produces big gainz, but in the event of blow-by, will help the motor operate at peak efficiency allowing it to produce the most power possible given all other conditions.

Last edited: