bajanstefan

bajanstefan

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
3.0 Premium
I’ve been running 305/30/19 Michelin PS4 with 10mm spacers for a year now and they feel great. Lowered on H&R springs and no rubbing. A little spin in first gear but grips great afterwards (stage 2 tune). I also run 275/30/19 up front and the car feels planted.
This is brilliant, If you’ve had them on for a year I’m assuming at some point you’ve pushed them pretty hard so I feel confident in going with either option.
Sponsored

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Wrangler, MB GLA 250
here ya go, 295/35r19 Conti ECS
Anyone know of data measuring the delta in grip (maybe in Gs) in moving from one size to another? I know it’s complicated and best measured by a before and after on same vehicle, same tire type, same road conditions, but I’m wondering how this might change grip laterally and longitudinally.

Supramann15

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
This is brilliant, If you’ve had them on for a year I’m assuming at some point you’ve pushed them pretty hard so I feel confident in going with either option.
I did a track day, autocross and drag strip with these tires and had no issues. The events were my first time doing them so I don’t have a comparison to the stock setup or other tires.

Huddleston

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
See Sig
Would enjoy hearing your impressions on handling difference and a sense of how much it affected acceleration.

Tires went on with quite a few other modifications including suspension so difficult to compare to completely stock. Car hooked up better and felt more planted for sure.

shownfu

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Just picked up some Sport Cup 2's for the rear in 295/35 so I'll have those mounted on soon. Will snap some picks to post here. From my google research, looks like 295 is the widest recommended for a 10" wheel. I see a few 305's here on stockers here so that's good to know/see.

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Wrangler, MB GLA 250
Just picked up some Sport Cup 2's for the rear in 295/35 so I'll have those mounted on soon. Will snap some picks to post here. From my google research, looks like 295 is the widest recommended for a 10" wheel. I see a few 305's here on stockers here so that's good to know/see.
I ran “way-too-wide” tires on a mustang drag car and on the road the rear end was quite squirmy around corners. I want to go as wide as possible on the stock wheels without a loss of cornering behavior. So, I’m interested in the difference between 295 versus 305s.

Thanks for posting.

Pito

First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra, 1993 RX-7, 1991 MR-2 Turbo
Bump, anyone use these wider tire setups on a road course or auto cross? How did it affect handling in the turns?

foywilliamd

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
I’ve been running 305/30/19 Michelin PS4 with 10mm spacers for a year now and they feel great. Lowered on H&R springs and no rubbing. A little spin in first gear but grips great afterwards (stage 2 tune). I also run 275/30/19 up front and the car feels planted.
Are you running spacers in the front to fit the 275/30R19 tires? I’m looking at moving to 275F/295R on stock wheels and suspension and am curious if spacers are needed. Note this car does not see the track.

OP
OP
bajanstefan

bajanstefan

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
3.0 Premium
Are you running spacers in the front to fit the 275/30R19 tires? I’m looking at moving to 275F/295R on stock wheels and suspension and am curious if spacers are needed. Note this car does not see the track.
This is a pretty common config on the forums and many of the people didn't need spacers and the ones that did do found the gain mostly aesthetically.