What Tire Brands are you running?

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
With 510/500, any of my super 200 track tires are useless on the street in 1-3 when not hot.

I almost pulled a Mustang owner move towards the end of last year where I went out to do a drive test after aligning the car. I had brand new Nankang CR-S on the car, like brand brand new, not scrubbed at all, plus cold. What did my dumbass do 5 minutes down the road? Went WOT in 4th and the whole rear stepped out and I almost ended up crashing into a Honda dealership. It was embarrassing mainly because I know better. Ooops.

On track once the tires warm up, it hooks up really well when powering out of corners.

If you are looking for good street tires, look for tires that don't need a bunch of heat in them before they turn on.
Sponsored

GMsuperfan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 A91 Refraction, 68 Camaro SS, 17 GTI
With 510/500, any of my super 200 track tires are useless on the street in 1-3 when not hot.

I almost pulled a Mustang owner move towards the end of last year where I went out to do a drive test after aligning the car. I had brand new Nankang CR-S on the car, like brand brand new, not scrubbed at all, plus cold. What did my dumbass do 5 minutes down the road? Went WOT in 4th and the whole rear stepped out and I almost ended up crashing into a Honda dealership. It was embarrassing mainly because I know better. Ooops.

On track once the tires warm up, it hooks up really well when powering out of corners.

If you are looking for good street tires, look for tires that don't need a bunch of heat in them before they turn on.
I'm yanking on 5.0's w/ my GTI, i love it and those guys look at me with the WTF face....haha

Yeah, i consider NC sort of a tweener state. Winter months we see around low to mid 30's at night into early mornings and 50-60's during the day (on average). I think most max performance summer tires out there need at least 50-60 degree ambient temps to somewhat work but are probably optimal at 80+ degrees. I can handle taking it easy, same thing applies now with the PSS, they are useless under 40 degrees at the power i'm at now on a JB4, which on map 2 on 93 isn't anything special. I'll have to think hard about the 305 though, last thing i want to do is drive off the side of a mountain this spring. ;-)

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
I think most max performance summer tires out there need at least 50-60 degree ambient temps to somewhat work but are probably optimal at 80+ degrees.
Sure, on the street, but I set a PB in October in 43*F ambient temps. Just need to get heat in them, which is really hard on the street.

GMsuperfan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 A91 Refraction, 68 Camaro SS, 17 GTI
Sure, on the street, but I set a PB in October in 43*F ambient temps. Just need to get heat in them, which is really hard on the street.

Side topic - i never knew how much I love LRP until i raced it pretty much non-stop the last month on iRacing, in that exact same alternative config (skipping the chicane). If it's that much fun on a sim rig, i cant imagine in real life, gotta be a blast to drive.

OP
OP
Phantomx

Phantomx

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
Well I will give the PS4S’s in 305 a little street credit I pulled a 3.6 0-60 that was starting in 2nd gear and it was trying to spin like a mental patient on crack but between traction control (I just don’t turn that all the way off I don’t like meeting fixed objects while still in motion) and the tire being on a crappy side street that’s pretty good. At the track I bet 3.0 maybe better.
Ps4S all around damn good tire. It’s predictable, good wet and dry, compliant ride. Good grip, good all around.

IMG_4118.png

SavagePassenger

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2016 WRX
Right now I'm running Nitto NT555rii in the rear (285/35/19) and the oem Michelin PSS in the front since I still have the stock wheels. I got the Nittos after being tuned for e50/flex fuel and they put down the power well. So far they've been fine in the rain too, but obviously I'm not driving aggressively when it's wet.

I'm thinking of getting some wheels at some point this year so I'll have to figure out tires for that.

ton3montano

First Name
Tone
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Toyota Supra Premium
Right now I'm running Nitto NT555rii in the rear (285/35/19) and the oem Michelin PSS in the front since I still have the stock wheels. I got the Nittos after being tuned for e50/flex fuel and they put down the power well. So far they've been fine in the rain too, but obviously I'm not driving aggressively when it's wet.

I'm thinking of getting some wheels at some point this year so I'll have to figure out tires for that.
Do you have any pics of this fitment? , I want to run the same size tire but want to see how it looks on stock wheels. Thanks

mkvB58KING

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Nexens on stock rims for winter, those things are great for the price. 255/35 and 275/35 fit the wheel well nicely. Dedicated drag pack Mickey Thompson ET Street R 305/45 on Welds, and Nitto NT555R2 on stock wheels for street 285/35 in the rear with stock PS up front. Will likely get a dedicated street rim setup this year with 305s in the rear to get all the power down from the 6870.

SavagePassenger

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2016 WRX
Do you have any pics of this fitment? , I want to run the same size tire but want to see how it looks on stock wheels. Thanks
These were the best I could find. The Nittos have a meatier looking sidewall which helps with the stock wheel gap in the rear haha.

s3.jpg

s2.jpg

s1.jpg

Avarela99

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 3.0
Nexens on stock rims for winter, those things are great for the price. 255/35 and 275/35 fit the wheel well nicely. Dedicated drag pack Mickey Thompson ET Street R 305/45 on Welds, and Nitto NT555R2 on stock wheels for street 285/35 in the rear with stock PS up front. Will likely get a dedicated street rim setup this year with 305s in the rear to get all the power down from the 6870.
321B216D-0B04-49FF-A207-0CF66511FF4F.jpg

Stock wheels with Nitto NT555RII 285/35/19 on rear and Nitto 555 G2 265/35/19 front with BMS 13MM spacers in front and 15MM spacers in rear all on stock suspension looks meaty in person and they hook on my custom E50 tune

Dubesa05

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I'm yanking on 5.0's w/ my GTI, i love it and those guys look at me with the WTF face....haha

Yeah, i consider NC sort of a tweener state. Winter months we see around low to mid 30's at night into early mornings and 50-60's during the day (on average). I think most max performance summer tires out there need at least 50-60 degree ambient temps to somewhat work but are probably optimal at 80+ degrees. I can handle taking it easy, same thing applies now with the PSS, they are useless under 40 degrees at the power i'm at now on a JB4, which on map 2 on 93 isn't anything special. I'll have to think hard about the 305 though, last thing i want to do is drive off the side of a mountain this spring. ;-)
Prior to my Supra I had a 500 hp 90 Miata, I know the face well. Even better when I went to sell it on the test drive rolled up on a new v10 R8. That face was priceless when he got the sauce.

ton3montano

First Name
Tone
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Toyota Supra Premium
Does anyone know is the NITTO NT555RII 305/35R19 106W XL will fit on the 2023 Supra factory rims in the rear (19×10 +40) ? Please help
IMG_4871.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Phantomx

Phantomx

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
it’s the 295/35/19 that fits.

SavagePassenger

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2016 WRX
Does anyone know is the NITTO NT555RII 305/35R19 106W XL will fit on the 2023 Supra factory rims in the rear (19×10 +40) ? Please help
IMG_4871.jpeg
Can they? yes. Should you fit them? Probably not at least for street driving - 305 is too wide for a 10" wheel. From what I've read and heard people have had some strange and bad symptoms from running 305 and wider on the stock wheels. I would just stick with the 285/35/19 size for the 555rii.
Sponsored