What tires do the 2023/2024 get delivered with (in North America)?

kubkub

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24' Supra 3.0MT. 05' Acura rsx type s
The website says Michelin Pilot Super Sport but that's a discontinued tire. Have they switched to Pilot 4S?
Sponsored

mdpalmer

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GR Supra 3.0 MT | 2001 DC2 Integra
MPSS on my '23 😭

Screenshot_20231225_192124_Gallery.jpg

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
It's still mpss. It's not the regular one. It's bmw spec so could be why they are still making them for our cars.

OP
OP

kubkub

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24' Supra 3.0MT. 05' Acura rsx type s
Thanks all. I guess the only thing to look out for is the manufactured date

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
I did not know the PSS were discontinued.. I suppose I am glad I bought a spare front and rear tire (one each) during the potential tire shortage scare a few years ago as back up. Next set I'm just going to buy fresh for all 4 corners and sell those 2 new ones I guess.. :dunno:

noogie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra
I did not know the PSS were discontinued.. I suppose I am glad I bought a spare front and rear tire (one each) during the potential tire shortage scare a few years ago as back up. Next set I'm just going to buy fresh for all 4 corners and sell those 2 new ones I guess.. :dunno:
They’re not the same PSS. The Supra has custom PSS as indicated by the star on the tire’s sidewall.

Not all tire retail stores will stock the Supra tire. You may just need to buy a new set of Michelin 4s as the closest set to OEM.

Bug2th

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF, 1998 GSX
I was thinking about trying the cup2s. There is a spec for amg and Ferrari that fits that are a tw 180 vs 200 for regular cup2s. Looks like better grip but still good on the street. Got some time and more research to do before pushing that button.

Discount Tire

Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Car(s)
All Things Toyota

Did a quick confirmation...both sizes are available at Tire Rack and Discount Tire!

CWO5805

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Milan Blast Manual
My 24 came with super sports

AJRMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Manual Supra
They’re not the same PSS. The Supra has custom PSS as indicated by the star on the tire’s sidewall.

Not all tire retail stores will stock the Supra tire. You may just need to buy a new set of Michelin 4s as the closest set to OEM.
I can assure you that they are just as bad after 11k miles on them with my 23mt.

noogie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra
I can assure you that they are just as bad after 11k miles on them with my 23mt.
the 4s? 11k tread life is pretty reasonable considering it's a summer performance tire on a 400hp car. some people get half of that. all depends on your right foot.

AJRMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Manual Supra
the 4s? 11k tread life is pretty reasonable considering it's a summer performance tire on a 400hp car. some people get half of that. all depends on your right foot.

The car came with PSS, they still have life in them at 11k. But grip is terrible and has been since day 1

noogie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra
The car came with PSS, they still have life in them at 11k. But grip is terrible and has been since day 1
what kind of grip are you looking for? something like re71rs? those tires are horrible for the average owner. the supra is a GT car that needs good street compliance. the stock tires do that job pretty well.

AJRMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Manual Supra
what kind of grip are you looking for? something like re71rs? those tires are horrible for the average owner. the supra is a GT car that needs good street compliance. the stock tires do that job pretty well.
PS4S would be nice. In stock form my car spun through most of second unless it was really hot day.
Sponsored