• Total voters

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
The BBS Is the better wheel so why would you not choose it?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jakester

Jakester

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
The BBS Is the better wheel so why would you not choose it?
I mean I honestly don't know that bbs is the better wheel. What makes it the better wheel? I am open to all helpful info. I was leaning towards bc forged just because they offer a lot of options for me to really customize the wheel just how I want it looks wise and it seems pretty solid.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Looking at possibly getting some newer and different wheels and wanted to get feedback from the community between two similar styles but different brands. The two I am comparing here is BC Forged- polished lip/ brushed grey center spoke on the black MK4 Supra.
And BBS- polished lip/ black diamond center spoke on the red MK5 Supra.
20221228_092459.jpg
20221228_092432.jpg
Neither, te37’s for the win!!!!

OP
OP
Jakester

Jakester

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Bc forged is made in Taiwan. BBS from Germany supposedly. Bbs is the clear winner here.
Valid point!
Other then location of manufacturing is there any qualities that stand out above the other?

MKVDevo

First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23' Stratosphere Blue Premium 3.0

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I mean I honestly don't know that bbs is the better wheel. What makes it the better wheel? I am open to all helpful info. I was leaning towards bc forged just because they offer a lot of options for me to really customize the wheel just how I want it looks wise and it seems pretty solid.
Fair enough, but you didn't list any of that criteria in your original post. I think we are all going off the assumption you are asking us which wheel is better.

Valid point!
Other then location of manufacturing is there any qualities that stand out above the other?
You need more than Taiwan versus Germany?

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
BBS is a legendary wheel company that dates back in the 70’s. I knew what BBS wheels were when I was 15. Bc Forged just came into the market recently. BBS wheels is ran on race teams all over the world. Unsure about bc forged.

https://www.bbs.com/en/company/history

OP
OP
Jakester

Jakester

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Fair enough, but you didn't list any of that criteria in your original post. I think we are all going off the assumption you are asking us which wheel is better.

You need more than Taiwan versus Germany?
Yeah I guess I was just asking which wheel people thought was all around better in terms of looks and quality. Or if the quality difference is big enough to be the deciding factor between the two. I welcome all feedback and opinions. The more info I can get to help me make the best decision the better.

MKVDevo

First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23' Stratosphere Blue Premium 3.0
Looks are subjective, but if you look at pictures/forum threads of broken chinese/taiwanese wheels over the years, the quality difference is hard to deny. Rota wheels comes to mind, but really it could be any number of brands. When I was into drifting, you would see good wheels take a beating. They may bend, but still usually held the bead. Meanwhile, I would see cheap wheels literally shatter, not just crack. I realize you may not subject your car to the equivalent of drifting into a curb, but I would not suggest skimping on a contact point.

OP
OP
Jakester

Jakester

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Looks are subjective, but if you look at pictures/forum threads of broken chinese/taiwanese wheels over the years, the quality difference is hard to deny. Rota wheels comes to mind, but really it could be any number of brands. When I was into drifting, you would see good wheels take a beating. They may bend, but still usually held the bead. Meanwhile, I would see cheap wheels literally shatter, not just crack. I realize you may not subject your car to the equivalent of drifting into a curb, but I would not suggest skimping on a contact point.
Very helpful info to consider. Thanks

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Yeah I guess I was just asking which wheel people thought was all around better in terms of looks and quality. Or if the quality difference is big enough to be the deciding factor between the two. I welcome all feedback and opinions. The more info I can get to help me make the best decision the better.
The BBS wheel is obviously the better choice. It is a well put together wheel from a known company in the motorsport community. Compare that to something from Taiwan.
If you are asking "Des the Taiwan wheel look close enough to the BBS to go ahead and buy that and save a bunch of money?" That's a different question.
I have a feeling you are more putting a feeler out there as to whether or not it's okay to buy the cheap wheel instead of the expensive one because they look close enough alike.
That, my dude, is completely up to you and your checking account. 👍🏼🤘🏻
Sponsored