Jakester

Jakester

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
The BBS wheel is obviously the better choice. It is a well put together wheel from a known company in the motorsport community. Compare that to something from Taiwan.
If you are asking "Des the Taiwan wheel look close enough to the BBS to go ahead and buy that and save a bunch of money?" That's a different question.
I have a feeling you are more putting a feeler out there as to whether or not it's okay to buy the cheap wheel instead of the expensive one because they look close enough alike.
That, my dude, is completely up to you and your checking account. 👍🏼🤘🏻
Thanks man. I honestly don't know what the price of either of them is or which one is cheaper when its all said and done. Price doesn't matter especially when it comes to something that has an impact on safety. But I usually end up buying the more expensive items since they usually look and perform better anyways. One thing I need to call and find out tomorrow is if the bbs will fit on my rear with my BBK. I have read about people running into issues with bigger brakes on the rear not clearing the rim. Hopefully they will fit.
Sponsored

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Thanks man. I honestly don't know what the price of either of them is or which one is cheaper when its all said and done. Price doesn't matter especially when it comes to something that has an impact on safety. But I usually end up buying the more expensive items since they usually look and perform better anyways. One thing I need to call and find out tomorrow is if the bbs will fit on my rear with my BBK. I have read about people running into issues with bigger brakes on the rear not clearing the rim. Hopefully they will fit.
Either wheel will get you down the street. If price is of no concern, then getting the better of the two is a no brainer.
For track days, I will run something cheap like a Rota oe Enkei. But, for something I'm going to daily on, that people will see, I want something at least as nice as OEM. Chinese junk does not apply.
Let your conscience guide you. 😂

DaBear723

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
BBS LM is great if money is no issue. Looks good and is made well.
I would look at Work VS-XX next if that style wheel is what you are going for.
BC looks nice and has lots of options but I'm unsure about quality and people will assume they are "reps" (if that matters to you).
I wanted some BBS FI-R but they didn't have Supra fitment at the time, and got some Apex VS-5RS because they looked the same, forged, super light and had a replacement program. Yes they are Chinese and from a relatively unknown brand but the quality has been great and held up to everything I've asked of a wheel at a much lower cost than BBS's. That being said when I get some hotboy 3pc wheels tho, it'll be Work or BBS for me :p

NFamous60

First Name
Jau
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2016 zx10 fully built
Yeah, I currently have some wheels on that look really close with a similar spoke pattern and bbk kits on front and back. Cleaning them does suck but I am a glutton for punishment i guess. 🙃
Crazy thing it dnt really be the cleaning portion though. It be like damn I still got the other side of the car, then damn one more wheel 😆 🤣

Last edited:

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
So I took my LM’s off the Supra MT after one drive, the weight difference was very apparent and they were way too heavy for me, but quality was great. BC I’ve always had issues with in the past with build quality

OP
OP
Jakester

Jakester

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
So I took my LM’s off the Supra MT after one drive, the weight difference was very apparent and they were way too heavy for me, but quality was great. BC I’ve always had issues with in the past with build quality
Were they the 20" or 19"? I thought those wheels were supposed to be light compared to others out there. What wheel do you think you are going to go with?

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
Were they the 20" or 19"? I thought those wheels were supposed to be light compared to others out there. What wheel do you think you are going to go with?
They were 20’s and no way heavier then my Oem 23 wheels, granted it’s a 20” and 2 piece wheel. The Oem 23 wheels are awesome tho, look and feel amazing and are lighter then the 20-22 2 tone.

OP
OP
Jakester

Jakester

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
They were 20’s and no way heavier then my Oem 23 wheels, granted it’s a 20” and 2 piece wheel. The Oem 23 wheels are awesome tho, look and feel amazing and are lighter then the 20-22 2 tone.
Thanks for the info. I just got off the phone with HRE. I think I am going to go this route. They have endless options and seem like extremely high quality as well. Do you know which wheel you are going with or are you keeping the Oem ones?

kaiv

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E46, E39
Forged BBS > all.
They are incredibly tough, have beautiful finishes, and are just a very durable wheel.

BadOne

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra A91 Edition (Refraction Blue)
Litespeed Racing makes the lightest wheels out of anyone out there and they are incredibly well made.

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
Thanks for the info. I just got off the phone with HRE. I think I am going to go this route. They have endless options and seem like extremely high quality as well. Do you know which wheel you are going with or are you keeping the Oem ones?
I’m actually running a set of te37 track editions, love them. HRE is an amazing option. Just go with there fully forged line not the flow form
3EA8095B-9C73-439E-BFA7-10C77FA1CD3D.jpeg

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
OEM wheels are forged, yes? So should be relatively lightweight.
Also, I love when people ask opinions on specific parts, but then instead get recommendations for everything else. 😂😂
We can't help but to interject our own opinions. Car guys. 🙄 Lol
Sponsored