Whose kid is this? Florida deputy clocking teen driving 132 mph in his daddy's 2.0

JOutterbridge

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Genesis Coupe, 94 and 97 Toyota Supra
Unless you install some gps tracking, camera and blood analyzer, you cannot know what your kid does 24/7. Even then you need to be watching that 24/7 recording to know.
There are so many kids that are great at hiding boyfriends, problems, pregnancy, drugs, dildos, speeding tickets, car posters šŸ¤£, masters of sneaking out, etc..

My mom n dad have been slow drivers from get-go. Me not so much. My parents were never like "don't do drugs, don't go fast, don't get random girls pregnant" but trusted me.

When you have company on board you tend to ease up on throttle. If you don't, then yes, that's a sure way of, "son we gotta talk". Driving and risking yourself vs risking others in the car..
Every decision you take in the car, going fast or not affects others.
Watch https://youtube.com/@WhamBaamTeslacam videos. to see how slow drivers can create massive pile ups.
>> For me, slow inattentive, tried, bored, etc. drivers with heavily dinged, dangling car parts are 1000x more dangerous than speeding but fully alert drivers. Idiots that think their 170" long car can fit in a 100" opening are excluded from this assessment.
Ps. past 40 mph any accident is pretty much flipping a coin.

Decades ago I got involved in a frontal crash. My dad was fully ready to blame me on the count of speeding, but conversely I was doing 5mph and some idiot came onto my lane head on. probably he was doing 25-30. Crumple zone worked its magic, airbags deployed, whole nine yards. This happened in another lifetime with a car maxing out on 130mph but me constantly on the highway going at that very speed maxing the revs for years. <30 yo. Never have I ever endangered anyone or caused a crash. You gotta know how to read the road, know your own limits and the cars. While I don't condone it, not every case and every kid is the same.

Conversely a friend of mine through the same years totaled 4 cars not going as fast, but just straight up not being a good driver. At every crash, he got a better car, better brand, not necessarily faster but that didn't stop him šŸ¤£

As a parent, you just gotta trust that you've done and doing your parenting and hope for the best. Rest is up to the DNA, friends and whatnot.
Very true. I feel it's mostly about knowing your kids. And don't HELP them cause trouble lol
Sponsored

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Maybe too simplistic, my kids arenā€™t afraid of me (per se) but they are afraid of what I might do. Iā€™ve never given them a threat I couldnā€™t back up and they know that.

Weā€™ve been with other parents that yell at their kids to shut up & scream that weā€™re not going to Disney (in the car in route) if you donā€™t behave. Ofc the kids didnā€™t behave because the parents didnā€™t turn around and go home. Sounds extreme. But hell yes, I would turn that car around so fast and go home if I made such a threat.

Itā€™s two fold. Youā€™re kids know you mean it and their own word will mean something someday.

I drive spirited, but normal speeds. 10-12 mph over, maybe. In construction zones and residential areas however I stay at the legal limit. On and off ramps are for fun.
Both my kids (18 & 23) and wife do the same. Iā€™m the only paranoid driver in the family šŸ˜‚

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Here's the vid
Great video. Rarely shown police doing good (or the right things).

Also, I-4 is historically in the top 5 most dangerous highways in the USA. Me and my family avoid it at all cost. Canā€™t believe he was speeding there!!!!! People from all over trying to go see the mouse and have no idea where theyā€™re going at very high speeds. Just sayin

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
Great video. Rarely shown police doing good (or the right things).

Also, I-4 is historically in the top 5 most dangerous highways in the USA. Me and my family avoid it at all cost. Canā€™t believe he was speeding there!!!!! People from all over trying to go see the mouse and have no idea where theyā€™re going at very high speeds. Just sayin
He is the reason you avoid it.