Whose kid is this? Florida deputy clocking teen driving 132 mph in his daddy's 2.0

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
Not sure why you would give a kid that young a sports car.

Might as well give your toddler a loaded and charged firearm to play with around the house.

I knew many parents who wanted to make their sons happy in high school by buying them sports bikes - they all lowsided at high speeds around curves and died.

Glad the young kid in the video got to learn his lesson the easy way.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Not sure why you would give a kid that young a sports car.

Might as well give your toddler a loaded and charged firearm to play with around the house.

I knew many parents who wanted to make their sons happy in high school by buying them sports bikes - they all lowsided at high speeds around curves and died.

Glad the young kid in the video got to learn his lesson the easy way.
Meh. They should lock the fucker up. I had a 16 year old.. Well he's 18 now, but he sure as fuck knew 132mph was 'going to jail time.'

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
We've even got 18 yo Supra owners here...
16 vs 18. I dunno, do people grow conscious in 2 years. Sure, if they start with learners permit and parents educate them what's right or wrong.. Otherwise if you can reach the pedals and see out and played GTA or GT you're good to drive 😁

aksprite

First Name
AK
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra, the bus
My dad let me have a 400whp/2900lb car as a 16 year old. Not once did I get pulled over for speeding. Got to raise your kids right!
Gotta raise your kids how not to get caught. In all seriousness though sometimes how the kid is raised doesn't prevent them from doing dumb shit. Although I believe I was raised right (not many interactions with police) I still played the fool between the age of 14-18. I was hitting 140 in SUVs on the Belt and BQE at 15/16 knowing full well what the repercussions were. Parents know their kids best, if you think they're going to break the law in your performance car, don't give it to them. If your kid is into cars get him a slow manual beater and let him work his way up to something faster. With that, theres a much lower chance they're going to be receiving 132 mph tickets. My first real car was rated at 400 hp and I am certain that if it wasn't AWD I coulda totaled it on multiple occasions.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I'd be lying if I said I've never let the 18 year old (or my 14 year old) drive my car as it sits too. 1000hp is a lot more than stock hp too. It's all about teaching kids to respect machines.

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
I drive like a retard when I was 16. Blew the motor on my 2016 dodge dart gt twice..

Much more disciplined now

Edit: not in a million years would my dad call the cops on me tho. Not for that.. maybe if I was driving drunk and he was worried for my safety or something, but not just to get me in trouble to teach me a lesson or whatever

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
Gotta raise your kids how not to get caught. In all seriousness though sometimes how the kid is raised doesn't prevent them from doing dumb shit. Although I believe I was raised right (not many interactions with police) I still played the fool between the age of 14-18. I was hitting 140 in SUVs on the Belt and BQE at 15/16 knowing full well what the repercussions were. Parents know their kids best, if you think they're going to break the law in your performance car, don't give it to them. If your kid is into cars get him a slow manual beater and let him work his way up to something faster. With that, theres a much lower chance they're going to be receiving 132 mph tickets. My first real car was rated at 400 hp and I am certain that if it wasn't AWD I coulda totaled it on multiple occasions.
My parents taught me to do dumb things in a safe environment. For me, that was typically in the desert. When I was only 12, I was ripping around in their 1200lb/500hp sandrail. I was also riding a 2 stroke 250 dirt bike at 12. Shoot, I even got to take out our 1000hp boat back then. My dad has always owned fast toys and made sure to teach me to appreciate the power and learn when it was ok to use it. That was never on a public road. I knew the consequences if I did. Granted, I did stupid stuff on the streets but it was always on a very secluded road where I couldnt hurt anyone but myself.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
My parents taught me to do dumb things in a safe environment. For me, that was typically in the desert.
Parents outside of desert'ed areas:
We ain't got no desert. Don't do dumb shit kid 🤣

aksprite

First Name
AK
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra, the bus
My parents taught me to do dumb things in a safe environment. For me, that was typically in the desert. When I was only 12, I was ripping around in their 1200lb/500hp sandrail. I was also riding a 2 stroke 250 dirt bike at 12. Shoot, I even got to take out our 1000hp boat back then. My dad has always owned fast toys and made sure to teach me to appreciate the power and learn when it was ok to use it. That was never on a public road. I knew the consequences if I did. Granted, I did stupid stuff on the streets but it was always on a very secluded road where I couldnt hurt anyone but myself.
Thats a good approach. My family thought I was a degenerate because I enjoyed cars and powersports. Deserts are nice but big cities like NYC don't really have an outlet for young people who share interests similar to ours.

JTN

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nitro Yellow
I come from a long lineage of fuddy-duddies and truckhavers. When I got my license at 16 I was given two options: get a job and buy your own car, or drive grandpa's spare truck when he isn't using it. Grandpa's spare truck could do 60 if it fell off a cliff, and it liked to not start if the temperature was above 50 or below 40. I didn't get my own car until I was 18, and then it was a 1980 Honda Civic that got passed by briskly walking senior citizens at the mall. I tried to buy several fast cars but my age, income, and a grandpa who kept me from buying a basket case prevented that. I had a 1986 Camaro in college, but let's face it that car wasn't fast. It looked fast, it sounded fast, but wasn't fast.

So I wasn't able to get my first truly "fast car" until I was out of college, working, and able to buy what I wanted. And even though a decade of driving slow made me hungry to go fast, I found myself driving not so fast. Heck even to this day I lack a lead foot. But I knew several guys who didn't, and a lot of them have a sports car loss count that would make an insurance actuarial clutch their chest.
Sponsored