Wind Noise & Buffeting Fixes

Toolman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra Premium, Absolute Zero
Thanks for saving me at least $100... works perfect for me, took all of 10 minutes to install and you wouldn't know they weren't stock unless you looked closely...
Sponsored

65sohc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
65 GTO, 69 Corvette, 65 Corvette 427, 23 Corvette
I think the door edge guard looks much better. The gloss black matches the surrounding area perfectly and unless you look for it you don't know it's there. I don't think I'd want to see this every time I got into my car.

30MilesOffshore

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Totally agree that the door edge guard is much less conspicuous and same price range. You wouldn't even know it was there. I would try that over the floor molding. I've been using the door edge guard for months and forget that it is even there as it blends in easily with the car.

Kiwi Greg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
terminatorproducts.co.nz
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2021 GR Yaris, 2022 GR86
That kinda looks like something kids would do to a 1993 civic.. just sayin'
Which is why I spent some $$$ to put some nice bits on my new car

I got the Twisted Tuning gloss black solution & couldn't be happier

They flat out work, windows up, down, one up one down, any speed you like :)

I assume ones of a similar design will work equally as well

Fast_Freddie

First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Turbulence Gray Premium, 2005 Evo VIII
Vehicle Showcase
That kinda looks like something kids would do to a 1993 civic.. just sayin'
This was made before any of the other options were available... I needed something as the buffetting was driving me crazy... I now have the $8 amazon door gaurd solution...

Mehster

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 LE Supra, 2009 Jeep Wrangler
I went with the $8 amazon special and it works great. You can barely tell it's on there and takes about 5 mins to install. This completely eliminated the 40-55 mph buffeting. Unless you have cash burning a hole in your pocket or just have to have your car dripping in carbon fiber, I would save your money for other mods and just go the cheap route here.

hDTVnmS.jpg

wolf_kyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 GR Supra, 1996 NA Miata, 2014 Camry SE
I went with the $8 amazon special and it works great. You can barely tell it's on there and takes about 5 mins to install. This completely eliminated the 40-55 mph buffeting. Unless you have cash burning a hole in your pocket or just have to have your car dripping in carbon fiber, I would save your money for other mods and just go the cheap route here.

hDTVnmS.jpg

can you provide a link for it? cant seem to find the right one on Amazon. thanks! looking sleek

CarGuy11

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra Prem/Assist DS Blue, '16 C7, '22 Mach-E

Mehster

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
These are the ones I ordered: Hypersonic Black Car Door Edge Guard Trim Molding Crash Scratch Protector 4PCS

It comes with four of them. Two have Hypersonic logos and two do not. You have to cut about a half an inch on the bottom of them to fit. I used the ones with logos on them to practice on before cutting the ones without the logos. It's a rubber-like material and cuts fairly easily with just normal scissors. Before sticking them to the car, I wiped off the area with isopropyl alcohol to make sure it was all clean.

wolf_kyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 GR Supra, 1996 NA Miata, 2014 Camry SE
wow... what a HUGE difference it makes.. i wanted to be safe and replaced the double sided tape it came with with a 3M (the gray one used for like duckbills, thought it would be stronger) dont want it flying off on the freeway.

Mehster

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Credit goes to @CarGuy11 and the others who discovered them. I'm just vouching that it works great! Someone needs to reach out to Hypersonic and show them this thread. They can pre-cut them, label them for A90/Supra MK5 on Amazon, and mark them up $50 haha. Still a great deal compared to the carbon fiber and painted ones going for big money.
Sponsored