Windows - Dont fully open on Auto

Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 G42 M240i
Calling people names for sharing their opinion, thats incredibly mature. If you don't want to hear what people think, internet forums probably aren't a safe space for you. :thumbsup:

You're complaining about a fraction of an inch of glass that doesn't impact the car's performance, barely its appearance, and there's already a way to get rid of it with the press of a little button... but at least I respect other peoples' ability to whine about insignificant shit versus telling them to keep their mean words to themselves, lol.

Good luck in your endeavors to make sub $60k car "perfect" without having to hear what other people have to say.
Since when was the OP complaining about the glass?
They were just looking to see if it can be re-programmed or adjusted in a setting.
Because if it can it would be quite helpful to some people.

Take your negative junk elsewhere and don't bother next time.
Sponsored

Jaxness

First Name
Jax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxness.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra LE #1292, 2012 Yamaha R6
Since when was the OP complaining about the glass?
They were just looking to see if it can be re-programmed or adjusted in a setting.
Because if it can it would be quite helpful to some people.

Take your negative junk elsewhere and don't bother next time.
His complaint is that he still sees the top of the window after hitting the auto-down button and he doesn't want to have to hit the button a second time to get it to go all the way down.

I honestly wasn't bringing any negatively. I was just laughing at the fact that there are people who consider something this insignificant an inconvenience and have the time/care to look up a fix for not having to see it or not having to hit the button again. No negative feelings. LAUGHTER. HUMOR. THE EMOTION THAT FEELS GOOD AND USUALLY HAS A SIDE EFFECT OF SMILES. TRY IT. ITS FUN. 10/10 RECOMMEND :spaz:

If it helps un-hurt some sensitive feelings, think of it as jealousy. I wish I had your "problems" and I'm jealous that my life is nowhere near the level of comfort you all must be in to bother voicing this as a problem or issue in need of fixing, lol

✌

GoldenEye

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
Mine roll down all the way with no glass sticking up, one click..

Cousindeagle

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
92 NSX
I may take this to the dealership to see if this is easily fixable. Im not optimistic

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2016 Yamaha R1
My 2020 just started doing this a week or so ago. It used to open 100% but now it leaves a little sliver of the window popping out.

Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 G42 M240i
His complaint is that he still sees the top of the window after hitting the auto-down button and he doesn't want to have to hit the button a second time to get it to go all the way down.

I honestly wasn't bringing any negatively. I was just laughing at the fact that there are people who consider something this insignificant an inconvenience and have the time/care to look up a fix for not having to see it or not having to hit the button again. No negative feelings. LAUGHTER. HUMOR. THE EMOTION THAT FEELS GOOD AND USUALLY HAS A SIDE EFFECT OF SMILES. TRY IT. ITS FUN. 10/10 RECOMMEND :spaz:

If it helps un-hurt some sensitive feelings, think of it as jealousy. I wish I had your "problems" and I'm jealous that my life is nowhere near the level of comfort you all must be in to bother voicing this as a problem or issue in need of fixing, lol

✌
Again it's not a complaint its a valid question within a community forum which it's designed for.

That aside they have a point. A few passenger's that have been in my car have also pointed it out along with others on here.

Jaxness

First Name
Jax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxness.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra LE #1292, 2012 Yamaha R6
Again it's not a complaint its a valid question within a community forum which it's designed for.

That aside they have a point. A few passenger's that have been in my car have also pointed it out along with others on here.
And I never said he shouldn’t post it, or he was wrong in any way for posting it. I’m just seizing an opportunity to laugh at it. Because life is better when you can laugh at things instead of getting all pissy.

That aside, it sounds like your car is way too slow if your passengers have time to look around your interior for things to point out and they ended up with a piece of the windows.

:patriot:

SupraYYJ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra 3.0
My windows roll down completely on the first press.

The standard BMW window reset thing is to let the window roll down as much as it wants to, then hold down the button for 15+ seconds, right? Is that not working for the folks whose windows don't roll down all the way?

Motorknut

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra RZ, BMW G20 gone:BMW F30, E85, E46
Yea you can but I know its possible to set that second position as default that's rhe question of how do we do that
the window reset procedure for bmws is supposed to be
1) lower windows, press and hold for 15 seconds after its retracted all the way
2) raise window all the way up, press and hold for 15 seconds.

Iirc it’s done while the doors are closed. But you may want to make sure the window still drops that small bit when the door is opened, after you’ve attempted the above.

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
the window reset procedure for bmws is supposed to be
1) lower windows, press and hold for 15 seconds after its retracted all the way
2) raise window all the way up, press and hold for 15 seconds.

Iirc it’s done while the doors are closed. But you may want to make sure the window still drops that small bit when the door is opened, after you’ve attempted the above.
That didn't work for me. :dunno:

It's just the driver's side window - leaves like 1/8" sticking up and wont bottom out like the passenger side. Oh, well, no biggie - just thought I'd try it though.

MyCorolla

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ICE

It's just the driver's side window - leaves like 1/8" sticking up and wont bottom out like the passenger side. Oh, well, no biggie - just thought I'd try it though.
See if this helps. Make sure window is fully open before you reset it.

Motorknut

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra RZ, BMW G20 gone:BMW F30, E85, E46

def isn’t normal since the passenger side doesn’t have the same problem. Hope your dealer can sort it out

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
Mine only has the issue on the driver's side window. The passenger side goes all the way down on the first click.

Nikko

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 MKV, '21 4R TRDP, '20 JLUR, '13 LR4, '72 442
Same, only on the drivers side and it's not consistent. It's about 50/50 for me which is more odd I think?

Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 G42 M240i
Yeah I had a look today and the first time it went all the way down for the driver side but second time it left the lip.
Passenger side had the lip both times i tried.

The fix did not work for me either but was worth a shot.
Sponsored