Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
  • Banned
I got some new brake pads in. These are definitely stronger than OEM, are not noisy, and have minimal dust. Highly recommend these pads if you like to do some spirited / track driving and daily your Supra.

Has anyone changed out their brake pads yet? If so, what did you guys get?

Here's a video we made discussing the Winmax W3:
Sponsored

ChrisD

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Car(s)
A90 Supra, Twin Turbo 350Z, NA 370Z
I've only seen these Winmax ones and the Counterspace Garage ones for sale so far, so I don't think many people have changed them out yet. Maybe there's others that I've just not seen but I did have a good look around on google the other day and couldn't find anything other than CSG ones at the time.

I spoke to StopTech and they said they'll have some coming out in November/December (part numbers: front 104.18670, rear 105.18920).

You tried these Winmax ones out on the track yet?

OP
OP
supramk5

supramk5

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
  • Banned
I've only seen these Winmax ones and the Counterspace Garage ones for sale so far, so I don't think many people have changed them out yet. Maybe there's others that I've just not seen but I did have a good look around on google the other day and couldn't find anything other than CSG ones at the time.

I spoke to StopTech and they said they'll have some coming out in November/December (part numbers: front 104.18670, rear 105.18920).

Oh ok nice. I've only tried the W3 in the canyons and they work pretty well! I just put on the W5s for track use and they modulate pretty well. I'm making another video on the W5s with some track action so I'll post that next!

GirlRepellent

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra

I Googled these part numbers and it comes back as a BMW 5 Series and a Mini Cooper pad shape.

RRKnight

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus NCX200T F Sport
The amount of brake dust coming from the OEM pads are insane. I had to clean the wheels everyday. I'll be interested as well because these OEM pads suck!

ChrisD

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Car(s)
A90 Supra, Twin Turbo 350Z, NA 370Z
I Googled these part numbers and it comes back as a BMW 5 Series and a Mini Cooper pad shape.
Not surprising, the calipers have BMW engraved in the back of them (like everything else on the car lol). Didn't think they would have created brand new calipers for this car, but the lack of companies offering after market pads did make me wonder. Surely if StopTech already make pads that fit though, they would have just told me that instead of saying they will be out in a couple of months :/ but it is weird that the part number already exists and like you say shows that it is for a mini/bmw, implying you can already buy them.

CSG

Gold Sponsor
First Name
CSG
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.counterspacegarage.com
Car(s)
IS300, Supra, S2000, BRZ, M3

CSG here (may have taken a bit of time to actually start jumping on forums).

There will be many brake pads coming out soon. The OEM pad compounds seem to be organic and are fine for spirited use for street, but we wouldn't recommend anything for track application. As always for all track applications, track brake pads are important to use. We've taken quite a bit of data out on track from Road Atlanta and other courses to identify what the brake system likes. Let's just say the Supra is really capable out of the box, but has some interesting characteristics that are unique to this specific car only. :)
Sponsored