XHP Reviews and Feedback!

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium/Absolute Zero
I finally flashed map 3 after having to go pick up an orange mhd adapter. Here are my thoughts (my car is FBO, e30 tune, with sport+ unlocked per ref):
  • Shifts are immediate. IMMEDIATE. While the stock set up is significantly faster than most transmissions, I could notice a delay that made the car feel less like a sports car. This changed that completely.
  • M Blips feel and sound great. I set the 3->2 percentage at -15% to help with the prob most are experiencing
  • Car is actually able to deliver the power. The E30 map was causing the car to struggle with all the torque in the higher rpms.
  • Acceleration contrast feels very similar to going from untuned to tuned.
    Iā€™m going to play around with the m blip map to see what percentages give the best feel.
For the Sport+ setting, are you keeping Sport+ active for both Transmission and Engine? I have these coded as well. Thanks for the review. I just purchased this as well and I'm excited to try it out, I'm just waiting on my Orange MHD Adapter to arrive
Sponsored

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yes the xhp app will make you back up your factory file before flashing anything
Also figured I would ask because I just had someone ask me, which is making me second guess myself. Will the MHD Orange Adapter work on the Supra or do Supra owners need the Pink Thor adapter? Which did you use? My understanding was that the Orange adapter would work with xHP, but for tuning your ECU through MHD you needed the Black adapter for the Supra.

EDIT: Went back and read a few pages and the Orange Adapter definitely works.

Last edited:

32bitsofGil

First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
For the Sport+ setting, are you keeping Sport+ active for both Transmission and Engine?
Have this setup on mine, with stage three XHP (basically untouched now). It does run great now and the only issue was that harsh 3->2 which was solved with a slight bump down in throttle blip.

Which did you use?
THOR is what I was told early on would work. Seems also XHP announced their own hardware today.

Babayaga Supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
The trans tune fantastic I used it on a few races, manually shifting its instant!

The only issue I have had is the 3rd to 2nd gear hard down shift

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The trans tune fantastic I used it on a few races, manually shifting its instant!

The only issue I have had is the 3rd to 2nd gear hard down shift
Other people here have found a fix for that. Set the throttle blip to -15% is what they said fixed it.

32bitsofGil

First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Other people here have found a fix for that. Set the throttle blip to -15% is what they said fixed it.
can confirm. Manual mode is not the mode affected by these settings. Mine is -12% so I get some level of pops on down shift and minimal jerk forward.

32bitsofGil

First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0

32bitsofGil

First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Well...how is it?
Iā€™m running stage 3 with some minor tweaks and itā€™s made driving the car more enjoyable for me. I drive a lot in M mode so the manual blip adjustments to throttle, and the overall increase in shift speed are very worth the money I spent.

Iā€™ve also practically disabled first gear.

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
someone made a YT video of a stock supra on the map 3Cho flash tune. Dropped his 60-130 time from a 10.45ish to a 9.1

Itā€™s a long video so just forward to the dragy times.
I watched this video as well. His 10.45 was stock downpipe stage 1 tune on 93 octane with xHP. His 9.1 run was on E30 stage 1, stock downpipe with xHP. xHP alone didn't drop his time from 10.45 to 9.1 seconds. He flashed xHP and swapped to E30.

Supra_Gus

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I watched this video as well. His 10.45 was stock downpipe stage 1 tune on 93 octane with xHP. His 9.1 run was on E30 stage 1, stock downpipe with xHP. xHP alone didn't drop his time from 10.45 to 9.1 seconds. He flashed xHP and swapped to E30.
oh ok. So the 1.5 second drop was more from the fuel than the xhpā€¦.it was too long of a video so I just assumed he was stock cuz at the end he says he is stock

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
oh ok. So the 1.5 second drop was more from the fuel than the xhpā€¦.it was too long of a video so I just assumed he was stock cuz at the end he says he is stock
He keeps saying "stock" through out that entire video but he's running tunes lol. He's running stage 1 93octane and stage 1 E30 mix.

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Stage 3 xHP tune took my 60-130 from a 8.60 to a 8.27. Thats about what id expect, not a second and a half lol. Though i did almost have a full tank of fuel on the 8.27 run, i dont recall what i did back on the 8.60 run, that was months ago, but with in a degree for temp DA almost the same and the exact same place on the road, since its close by, its not valid because of the decline at the end, but its good for testing as no one is around
Sponsored