Your Favourite Suspension Mods!! go!

Zhupra_

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra 3.0 GTS
Hey fellas, I would love to hear what you did to your car suspension wise and what made it feel better?

Obviously alignment... But has anyone tried Swaybar combinations (front only or Rear or both) or even bushings etc! (suspension choices too)

Thanks!
Sponsored

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
For tracking: front and rear sway bars always (on every track car Iā€™ve owned since 2002). Iā€™m a cheap bastard and every race shop Iā€™ve been to, 1st thing they always do (besides seats). Lowering springs (coilovers eventually), every SPL upgrade available, track alignment (negative camber all around, pinch toe out up front, pinch in back). Feels incredible! I canā€™t wait to get the seat and a 5 point harness to push her even harder. Amazed how well this car can hang with any other brand out there on the track.

C4B182F0-14C4-48F2-8F9B-5172617ADF05.jpeg

Edit: only my 2nd track day with her & basic setup above. Currently working on a steering angle sensor reset. Found out the car gets really pissed off without that done šŸ˜‚

OP
OP

Zhupra_

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra 3.0 GTS
For tracking: front and rear sway bars always (on every track car Iā€™ve owned since 2002). Iā€™m a cheap bastard and every race shop Iā€™ve been to, 1st thing they always do (besides seats). Lowering springs (coilovers eventually), every SPL upgrade available, track alignment (negative camber all around, pinch toe out up front, pinch in back). Feels incredible! I canā€™t wait to get the seat and a 5 point harness to push her even harder. Amazed how well this car can hang with any other brand out there on the track.

C4B182F0-14C4-48F2-8F9B-5172617ADF05.jpeg

Edit: only my 2nd track day with her & basic setup above. Currently working on a steering angle sensor reset. Found out the car gets really pissed off without that done šŸ˜‚
amazing! for the swaybars which one did you go with? and i heard you cannot reuse the bolts for the rear - how did you go about that one?

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
For DD, I love my Euro Eibachs (.8"/20mm drop) Z4 springs and aFe front sway bar on stiffest setting (similar rate to Cusco's non-adjustable).

Tsuki8

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 3.0 AZ BM3 E50 WMI
For DD, I love my Euro Eibachs (.8"/20mm drop) Z4 springs and aFe front sway bar on stiffest setting (similar rate to Cusco's non-adjustable).
Did you do only the front sway bar?
How does that change the characteristics?

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Did you do only the front sway bar?
How does that change the characteristics?
Yup. Just the front. Feels more responsive up front but with less rear instability which is what I wanted for the road.

OP
OP

Zhupra_

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra 3.0 GTS
Yup. Just the front. Feels more responsive up front but with less rear instability which is what I wanted for the road.
i wanted to do the front swaybars only.. Probs whiteline as it is on sale right now and its adjustable. i was just worried i might upset the balance of the car if i only change the front swaybars.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
i wanted to do the front swaybars only.. Probs whiteline as it is on sale right now and its adjustable. i was just worried i might upset the balance of the car if i only change the front swaybars.
I bought Eibach sway bars with springs. Paid my fav awesome mechanic to do both. Including the rear ones, dropping the subframe. I couldnā€™t imagine only doing the front. But to each their own. I certainly wouldnā€™t want to install that rear bad boy.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
I only did the front, been great over 20 track days this year. Fixed the floaty feel the front had.

kyle9

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra - Gridlife StreetMod #29, '23 B48 Supra
stiffer front end = more understeer

most people like understeer because it makes the car feel less scary but the car wonā€™t necessarily be ā€œfasterā€ or ā€œbetterā€ on track.

depends on what you like and how you drive it.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Coilovers were the big change, definitely glad we went coilovers
Which coilovers do you recommend? Iā€™m trying to find a local alignment shop with a Hunter wheel alignment machine to reset my steering angle sensor. Afraid to go to BMW or Toyota, lol. The car is really pissed off from my track alignment with lowering springs, but damn she handled beautifully on track.

Last edited:

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Depends on how and where you drive your car.

I'd say for daily/street, front only is fine. However, if you track your car, I'd do both.

I'd certainly have a good shop install the rear though as you have to drop the subframe. Oh, and get an alignment afterwards.

adawine

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Bupra
In addition to that, if you have any intention of using the SPL Rear Upper Arms, do them at the same time as the rear sway bar. They both require the rear subframe to be dropped a little bit.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
In addition to that, if you have any intention of using the SPL Rear Upper Arms, do them at the same time as the rear sway bar. They both require the rear subframe to be dropped a little bit.
This is great advice. I did them separately and had to pay the shop to drop the rear subframe twice... for that one dang bolt (re: the SPL part)! Some engineer determined that bolt orientation on a Friday.
Sponsored