ZL1 Rock Guards - Buy the correct hardware before installing

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
its not that thick. which is good because it is subtle and able to flex with the body line
I need exact measurements. I'm making custom ones because the normal one doesn't cover my side skirts, but lost the ones I had.
Sponsored

S2k

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0
I need exact measurements. I'm making custom ones because the normal one doesn't cover my side skirts, but lost the ones I had.
Just so happens I have a set sat here waiting to go on the car. They are ~2mm thick.

Eddy90

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra MT
Might be a dumb question, but what portion of the car are the rear ones intended to protect?
Do the rocks fly inwards and hit the rear bumper.?

I was planning on just installing the fronts, since the side of the car is vulnerable.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Might be a dumb question, but what portion of the car are the rear ones intended to protect?
Do the rocks fly inwards and hit the rear bumper.?

I was planning on just installing the fronts, since the side of the car is vulnerable.
If you have wider tires your rear fender is going to get wrecked.

swrdply400mrelay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Veloster N, 2024 Stratosphere MT
So I bought a set for my Supra, thinking it’s been out awhile, probably won’t have any problems with the kit.

Well they only shipped 4 instead of 6 spacers for the rear screws

Soliduz

First Name
Zelda
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra
So I bought a set for my Supra, thinking it’s been out awhile, probably won’t have any problems with the kit.

Well they only shipped 4 instead of 6 spacers for the rear screws

I had one dud rivet. Was already warped and deformed when I tried to hammer it in. They sent me a replacement right away! Great experience. They are on tiiiight

Danimal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra Premium 3.0
Mine rub something fierce with my 295/35s and Euro Eibachs - worried they will get ripped off. Anyone have a fix to that? I think countersunk hardware isn’t enough, so I might have to get creative. Not super thrilled with these, as they’re too damn expensive and now I’ll have to modify or remove them.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Mine rub something fierce with my 295/35s and Euro Eibachs - worried they will get ripped off. Anyone have a fix to that? I think countersunk hardware isn’t enough, so I might have to get creative. Not super thrilled with these, as they’re too damn expensive and now I’ll have to modify or remove them.
A friend stopped by yesterday. He’s got bigger tires than me & took the guards off. I don’t have issues. However, I’m running a square 275/35-18 setup.

swrdply400mrelay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Well I emailed them and haven't heard from them since last week.

So I earlier this week, and was told their internet was down and to email them. I told them I did, and they said I should hear back sometime this week...

Would not recommend them due to poor customer service.

john.mkv

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
Just installed these a couple days ago and immediately noticed rubbing on the back 2. I thought about trimming them down a bit. Has anyone done this yet?

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
I trimmed the spacers on mine. Only the top ones on either side since I was rubbing slightly on larger bumps.

I also used larger black metal washers for more surface area coverage.

john.mkv

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
Update: Ended up trimming the rock guard and I’ll put some pictures below. Basically the top screw was rubbing on the tire so went ahead and trimmed the top spacer quite a bit but still experienced rubbing (I’m on rsr springs). Then decided to just cut the rock guard right above the second screw hole and see how it worked and it ended up fixing the rubbing problem. Tried to make it look as good as possible with clean cuts and a bit of smoothing.

IMG_7750.jpeg

IMG_7752.jpeg

swrdply400mrelay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Update: Ended up trimming the rock guard and I’ll put some pictures below. Basically the top screw was rubbing on the tire so went ahead and trimmed the top spacer quite a bit but still experienced rubbing (I’m on rsr springs). Then decided to just cut the rock guard right above the second screw hole and see how it worked and it ended up fixing the rubbing problem. Tried to make it look as good as possible with clean cuts and a bit of smoothing.
You have the super downs? What tire and wheel specs?
Sponsored