First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
or you can run this kit with a smaller sized turbo maybe like a gt30r and have an option for room of improvement if you want more power later on.

What they need is an electronic boost controller that Is compatible With the Ecutek software and run boost by gear or etc like Hondata.
sure you can run a smaller turbo. but i was basing the response off the offerings they has listed.

98%-100% aftermarket boost solenoids cant operate that frequency that the ECU operates at. which is why i said external is needed right now.
Sponsored

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
Or just run the line to below and let it vent out that way.
true, but i just like having some vacuum to help relieve pressure from the bottom of the pistons.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Wow, that is actually really cool for a bolt on kit.

Just confirming in the 2nd photo, the two pipes beside the downpipe are the wastegates for the blowoff valves for the turbos?
I am guessing it is not going to work with the stock ecu?
"True 4" downpipe" means not compatible with stock exhaust? The 2nd picture looks like the stock clamp...

Very fascinated to see someone install this...
I am more fascinated to see somebody run this setup with a stock ecu. Lol

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
I am more fascinated to see somebody run this setup with a stock ecu. Lol

in terms of full boost control.... not possible right this moment due to it being external wastegate. it can be run on the stock ecu just without boost control unless external control is used.

OP
OP
Extreme Power House

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
A motor will need to be built, the transmission will most likely need to be built (not certain yet), tuning will need to be done, etc. Fueling is going to be the big one.

A new intake manifold is being designed, testing is a couple of weeks away. The intake manifold has provisions for secondary injection, which should solve the fueling problem.

I would say we're a couple of months out before we start seeing big HP MK5 builds.

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
A motor will need to be built, the transmission will most likely need to be built (not certain yet), tuning will need to be done, etc. Fueling is going to be the big one.

A new intake manifold is being designed, testing is a couple of weeks away. The intake manifold has provisions for secondary injection, which should solve the fueling problem.

I would say we're a couple of months out before we start seeing big HP MK5 builds.
Stock trans clutches are good to 750-760tq this weve already tested. Trans itself should be fine to about 800-900tq with upgraded clutches. At least thats what myself and trans builder think. but torque in the 700-800s is more than plenty for a car this weight. we are honestly close or already at 1000bhp on our car. just need to put it back on the dyno for a check. we made over 700whp,720tq first session. and have since turned it up on the street a lot.

Fueling is not issue as Port injection is already available. 30+psi and still havent blown the stock manifold yet. Tuning has never really been an issue, at least not for us.

if we are talking 1000whp the stock engine wont sustain that, even though its mainly the torque that'll kill the rods. which is our next goal on a simple rod and piston upgrade bottom end.

Nc1dent

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Stock trans clutches are good to 750-760tq this weve already tested. Trans itself should be fine to about 800-900tq with upgraded clutches. At least thats what myself and trans builder think. but torque in the 700-800s is more than plenty for a car this weight. we are honestly close or already at 1000bhp on our car. just need to put it back on the dyno for a check. we made over 700whp,720tq first session. and have since turned it up on the street a lot.

Fueling is not issue as Port injection is already available. 30+psi and still havent blown the stock manifold yet. Tuning has never really been an issue, at least not for us.

if we are talking 1000whp the stock engine wont sustain that, even though its mainly the torque that'll kill the rods. which is our next goal on a simple rod and piston upgrade bottom end.
Just wanted to say really appreciate all the insight and info you’re putting out. My friend just bought Steve Cook’s GTR and I’m hoping this platform can get to the 1k+ range by the end of the year.

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
Just wanted to say really appreciate all the insight and info you’re putting out. My friend just bought Steve Cook’s GTR and I’m hoping this platform can get to the 1k+ range by the end of the year.
no problem happy to help. We are looking to have our rod and piston bottom end done by the summer. SO, if thats done, we'll see 1k by the end of this year. as that was our original goal.

tisdrew

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW 335i, Kouki s14
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder what’s the stock fuel pump and injectors good to?(hp wise) Anybody know what the flow rating on the stock fuel pump and what size cc are the stock injectors?

All I know is what a walboro 255lp, aeromotive 340lp, and Id 1000cc injectors is.(coming from turbo Hondas) lol
I can't truly speak to raw numbers but it's comparing apples to oranges. Direct Injection is very unlike port injectors. In the bmw n54/n55/s55 communities, we haven't truly found a limit on the injectors as far as I know just the high pressure fuel pump(s) operating at 2000psi+. Last year a whole batch of aftermarket improved high pressure fuel pumps came out so we'll start to see more of those in the wild and what they can make. Stock hpfp on n54 seem to peter off around 500whp using e85 while the s55 dual setup is more robust. The aftermarket pumps on the n5x engines are in the low 700s depending on application and mods.

That being said, all the 800whp cars are running port injection as to what Justin from Twisted alluded to. For this ETS kit, you'll need a aftermarket fuel system to support the air a 6870 can push.

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
Stock injectors on the N55 and S55 are similar in design to the B58 injectors N55 and S55 injectors max out flow around 700whp or so on E85. More with like a base race fuel. I have not checked flow rate of the B58 injector. part numbers are different of course from the S55 and N55 of course due to the head differences, but i'd imagine they are about the same in the flow area.

Waferz

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra launch edition, 1993 rx7
Not being able to control boost with the ECU is a dealbreaker. No failsafes = boom.