2020 Supra Owners- Auto start/stop Disable Question

peppersam740

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Jag F-type,, 2020 Toyota Supra
Hi all, new Supra owner here - just bought my 2021 3.0 last weekend.

I’m assuming this is normal, but wanted to check with everyone here. I’ve noticed the auto start/stop is extremely aggressive. For example, I turned the car on after it sat overnight, then after idling for a few minutes (not that many) made a three point turn during which the engine shut off before I placed the shifter in reverse. I’m surprised the function kicks in when the engine isn’t fully warmed up.

Is everyone else’s Supra similar? (For those of you who haven’t coded this off yet).
I would love to know how to get rid of it.
Sponsored

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Hate the start / stop feature....This was one of the first things I programmed to remember off position (where I would always have to switch off after startup) using Bimmercode so I never need to switch it off now...

peppersam740

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Jag F-type,, 2020 Toyota Supra
Hate the start / stop feature....This was one of the first things I programmed to remember off position (where I would always have to switch off after startup) using Bimmercode so I never need to switch it off now...
I have no idea what bimmercode is .

Mk5upra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 05 Sti, 06 r53, 04 sti, 03 g35, 00 s500
Yep, mine does it all the time. Doesn't bother me. I'm used to it. Like when I'm going to back up into my driveway it always shuts off at a complete stop, but starts right up right when I shift into gear.