Start stop 2023 supra

M3ltdown

First Name
Peteskeet
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Golf R
I downloaded BimmerCode and I’m using the bm3 v3 dongle wifi to connect to my car however I enabled the auto start stop memory and disabled the start stop. It said successfully coded however it didnt enable the memeroy function nor disabled start stop, help? I tried both in supra and z4 menus
Sponsored

Jros3484

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nocturnal 3.0 Premium MT, 4Runner TRD Pro
Same experience here with a 23 Manual. I chose to turn it off and enabled memory. However, in normal mode it will only indicate it’s off if I remain in gear. The second I pop it in neutral while stopped it will turn off. Hit the button and the car turns on and the dash dart stop off icon pops up. Thinking about going back in to Bimmercode and only activating the memory one.

By any chance did you also code the car to start in sport Indiv. mode? I did and I’m wondering if that’s affecting the auto off. memory setting since starting in sport deactivates it by default.

As an unrelated a side note, I was unable to enter the safety menu and turn off the seatbelt warning… both the z4 and Supra menus were grayed out during my attempts. It prompted me to update- which I did with no resolution- or contact Bimmercode- which I haven’t done yet… weird stuff. Don’t recall any of the previous years mentioning these issues.

OP
OP

M3ltdown

First Name
Peteskeet
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Golf R
Same experience here with a 23 Manual. I chose to turn it off and enabled memory. However, in normal mode it will only indicate it’s off if I remain in gear. The second I pop it in neutral while stopped it will turn off. Hit the button and the car turns on and the dash dart stop off icon pops up. Thinking about going back in to Bimmercode and only activating the memory one.

By any chance did you also code the car to start in sport Indiv. mode? I did and I’m wondering if that’s affecting the auto off. memory setting since starting in sport deactivates it by default.

As an unrelated a side note, I was unable to enter the safety menu and turn off the seatbelt warning… both the z4 and Supra menus were grayed out during my attempts. It prompted me to update- which I did with no resolution- or contact Bimmercode- which I haven’t done yet… weird stuff. Don’t recall any of the previous years mentioning these issues.

Hey it ended up working for me kinda.

I re enabled start stop and disabled the memory function in the supra side of bimmer code

Coding complete

I then went to the z4 side and only enabled the memory feature and it works.

Car starts with the start stop on off.

It might take a few cycles tho. For
Some reason.

Jros3484

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Beautiful. Will be trying that later today. Thanks.

ashari

First Name
Adithya
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra 3.0 Premium, C43 AMG, Range Rover Velar
I downloaded BimmerCode and I’m using the bm3 v3 dongle wifi to connect to my car however I enabled the auto start stop memory and disabled the start stop. It said successfully coded however it didnt enable the memeroy function nor disabled start stop, help? I tried both in supra and z4 menus
Also having the same issue with my 23 3.0 Premium. Car remembers to start in Sport but when I switch to normal, auto start/stop turns back on.

Jros3484

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I’m going to turn auto start stop back on, but enable memory only and see if that works. I think it throws up in itself when you turn the function off (which works if you keep it in gear with your foot on the clutch) AND enable the memory. We’ll see.

Every time it turns off I poop a little, then hit the stupid button. Such a dumb function… fairly certain you burn more gas and put more wear and tear on the engine with this dumb thing. All while the diesel trucks sit and idle all night while the drivers sleep. Dumb.

NicKnack

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1991 Toyota MR2, 2023 Toyota Supra MT

My experience mirrors this, I couldn't access any of the safety settings either, regardless of whether I went in to the Supra, or Z4 in Bimmercode, it was greyed out for my '23 MT.

Gonna try the auto start-stop settings OP mentioned are working for him to see if I can get it to remember. I tried just disabling it without enabling the memory setting and that didn't work.

Crypto79

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 MT, 1997 sc300 5 Speed
I have start in sport mode, start/stop memory and disable seatbelt chimes disabled. All worked perfectly on my 23 a91 mt

aldwin1999

First Name
Aldwin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GR Supra 3.0
I would contact Bimmercode support directly by doing a support request through the settings. Been troubleshooting with them, they'll give you access to beta software and such that have some bugs ironed out.

I disabled seatbelt chimes, but yeah auto start/stop memory isn't working + I don't have the BDC option to select start in Sport mode... Been thinking about just unplugging the valve fuse to keep it open 24/7 -- until we go DP or new exhaust

FRSBRZGT86FAN

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GR Supra 3.0 BASE
I’m going to turn auto start stop back on, but enable memory only and see if that works. I think it throws up in itself when you turn the function off (which works if you keep it in gear with your foot on the clutch) AND enable the memory. We’ll see.

Every time it turns off I poop a little, then hit the stupid button. Such a dumb function… fairly certain you burn more gas and put more wear and tear on the engine with this dumb thing. All while the diesel trucks sit and idle all night while the drivers sleep. Dumb.
My experience mirrors this, I couldn't access any of the safety settings either, regardless of whether I went in to the Supra, or Z4 in Bimmercode, it was greyed out for my '23 MT.

Gonna try the auto start-stop settings OP mentioned are working for him to see if I can get it to remember. I tried just disabling it without enabling the memory setting and that didn't work.

Same issue here 2023 Supra Base 3.0 I though it was just me and was about to make a thread. I even stopped the start in sport individual because sometimes I just want to cruise around.

Please let us know how it works. Either way I'll contact support regardless for bimmer code, maybe the 23s are programmed differently

FRSBRZGT86FAN

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GR Supra 3.0 BASE
I would contact Bimmercode support directly by doing a support request through the settings. Been troubleshooting with them, they'll give you access to beta software and such that have some bugs ironed out.

I disabled seatbelt chimes, but yeah auto start/stop memory isn't working + I don't have the BDC option to select start in Sport mode... Been thinking about just unplugging the valve fuse to keep it open 24/7 -- until we go DP or new exhaust

I couldn't get the BDC option unless I went into the z4 section, otherwise on the supra section it just said disabled. Seems like some bugs need to be fixed

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
I think Bimmercode's ability to disable the auto start/stop function is the issue. Leave the function on and just get Bimmercode to code the remember the auto start/stop memory function.

Also, I advise you to avoid using the Supra vehicle in Bimmercode and just use Z4 as it has more functionality and reduces the complexity of coding.

FRSBRZGT86FAN

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GR Supra 3.0 BASE
Also having the same issue with my 23 3.0 Premium. Car remembers to start in Sport but when I switch to normal, auto start/stop turns back on.

I tried what others mentioned to do and no dice, I emailed bimmercode support and offered them to pull logs off my car
Sponsored