Start stop 2023 supra

Nocturnal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘23 MT Premium
Anyone prevail on this issue? I just tried recoding the stop/start since disabling it did not work on my ‘23 MT. When I tried toggling the memory, it kept erroring the and forcing me into a backup. I couldn’t get out of that cycle and I’ve just left the car alone. Then I found this thread.
Sponsored

OP
OP

M3ltdown

First Name
Peteskeet
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Golf R
The option still does not turn it off for me on a 23 Auto

FRSBRZGT86FAN

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GR Supra 3.0 BASE
Bimmercode released an update recently so I might try to code it again, the update in the play store did mention some changes with newer software vehicles

Mitsurugi78

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0 Premium Supra, 2017 Toyota 86
Just tried with all the latest updates and still no joy on the auto start/stop memory.

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
Just tried with all the latest updates and still no joy on the auto start/stop memory.
Have you tried just turning on start/stop memory and nothing else?

I had to re-code my start/stop function a few days ago after having the instrument cluster replaced and it worked as expected. I have a MY23 MT here, FYI.

Also as an aside, my new cluster can't be coded at present but the good folk at BimmerCode have told me it will be available for coding in the next update.

BananaBoi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium MT
Hey it ended up working for me kinda.

I re enabled start stop and disabled the memory function in the supra side of bimmer code

Coding complete

I then went to the z4 side and only enabled the memory feature and it works.

Car starts with the start stop on off.

It might take a few cycles tho. For
Some reason.

Just got Bimmercode and have been having this issue. Ill try with this set up tomorrow some time

First Name
Qiang
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra Premium MT
I directly contacted Bimmercode and this is the reply from them:

TL;DR: BMW forbids the trick in newer softwares.

Dear Customer,

Recent changes made by BMW to the engine software cause this coding not having an effect any longer and at the moment there is no fix available unfortunately.

Workaround: Change the “Default driving mode“ available in the “Body Domain Controller“ using BimmerCode and set it to “SPORT INDIVIDUAL". This will prevent the auto start stop function to come on and additionally you can configure this driving mode to your liking in the settings in the iDrive system in your car.
--
Kind regards / Schöne Grüße
Stephan Gauch
--
SG Software GmbH & Co. KG

sambo32

First Name
Sammy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Toyota 4 Runner TRD off road, 2009 Dodge Vipe
I am looking to purchase a 2024 Supra 3.0 and was hoping to have the start/stop feature disabled. If it can't be programed to be disabled, can a module that gets plugged in, be used that is available for other vehicles.

SlowFreddy

First Name
Freddy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GR Supra GTS 6MT
Hi all, looking for anyone else who may have experience this strange anomaly using Bimmercode. My GR Supra is an August 2023 build, MT, I6 Turbo, Australia destination (RHD), top spec (GTS)

For some reason (even Stephan from Bimmercode support can't explain), after coding ASS memory active, some other features have been unintentionally deactivated and they are:

- ASD (my car doesn't make any fake noise anymore which I actually like)
- the unlock/lock chirp gone (tick box option in iDrive headunit is not there)
- the seat belt warning chimes gone i.e. the annoying ones the car makes when you get in. Note: it does come on when I'm driving and unbuckle the seat belt buckle

These are the ones I am aware of, there could be more as I am not familiar with BMW technology and features, but, there is a theme going on here i.e. "sounds".

I did a recovery but it made no difference. Note: Stephan confirmed just doing a readonly access of the ECUs should not change anything.

Anyone else experience this?

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra 45th, Mikan 2008 Mazda MX5 PRHT manual
I am looking to purchase a 2024 Supra 3.0 and was hoping to have the start/stop feature disabled. If it can't be programed to be disabled, can a module that gets plugged in, be used that is available for other vehicles.
I have read a few times that you can code out the start/stop feature.

sambo32

First Name
Sammy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Toyota 4 Runner TRD off road, 2009 Dodge Vipe
I hope so, I was reading on the forums that others were having a problem with 2024 because BMW recoded the memory feature out.

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
Hi all, looking for anyone else who may have experience this strange anomaly using Bimmercode. My GR Supra is an August 2023 build, MT, I6 Turbo, Australia destination (RHD), top spec (GTS)

For some reason (even Stephan from Bimmercode support can't explain), after coding ASS memory active, some other features have been unintentionally deactivated and they are:

- ASD (my car doesn't make any fake noise anymore which I actually like)
- the unlock/lock chirp gone (tick box option in iDrive headunit is not there)
- the seat belt warning chimes gone i.e. the annoying ones the car makes when you get in. Note: it does come on when I'm driving and unbuckle the seat belt buckle

These are the ones I am aware of, there could be more as I am not familiar with BMW technology and features, but, there is a theme going on here i.e. "sounds".

I did a recovery but it made no difference. Note: Stephan confirmed just doing a readonly access of the ECUs should not change anything.

Anyone else experience this?
Bimmercode can be pretty flakey - particularly when it comes to backups which I'm not convinced always work as advertised. Beyond this, I've found that the iDrive system sometimes gets stuck and requires settings to be toggled on/off before they work as expected. It's all a bit buggy - Have you considered resetting your iDrive settings back to factory?

SlowFreddy

First Name
Freddy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GR Supra GTS 6MT
Bimmercode can be pretty flakey - particularly when it comes to backups which I'm not convinced always work as advertised. Beyond this, I've found that the iDrive system sometimes gets stuck and requires settings to be toggled on/off before they work as expected. It's all a bit buggy - Have you considered resetting your iDrive settings back to factory?
No haven't considered it, but will now once I work out how to do it. I've only had the car 2 months so still getting used to the BMW technology (previous car was a 2014 86 GTS). Last night, I managed to reactivate my door lock/unlock chirps and iDrive tick box, initial seat belt warning using Bimmercode, but ASD is still not working even after another go at using recovery function. Bimmercode is saying the current ASD status is "Unassigned value" and the only other option is "Deactivate".

Has anyone used the BMW Z4 option to code ASD on or off? I saw in the manual that BMW Z4 option gives you "Active" or "Not Active" options, unlike Supra which is only "Deactivate". But it says the requirement is a "Receiver Audio Module" RAM control unit, whereas in Supra option, requirement is "Active Sound Design" ASD_01 control unit.

DC5UPRA

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 GR Supra MT, 05 Acura RSX Type-S
No haven't considered it, but will now once I work out how to do it. I've only had the car 2 months so still getting used to the BMW technology (previous car was a 2014 86 GTS). Last night, I managed to reactivate my door lock/unlock chirps and iDrive tick box, initial seat belt warning using Bimmercode, but ASD is still not working even after another go at using recovery function. Bimmercode is saying the current ASD status is "Unassigned value" and the only other option is "Deactivate".

Has anyone used the BMW Z4 option to code ASD on or off? I saw in the manual that BMW Z4 option gives you "Active" or "Not Active" options, unlike Supra which is only "Deactivate". But it says the requirement is a "Receiver Audio Module" RAM control unit, whereas in Supra option, requirement is "Active Sound Design" ASD_01 control unit.
24 MT here and I coded out the ASD no problem. Believed I used the Z4 option to do so.

SlowFreddy

First Name
Freddy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GR Supra GTS 6MT
24 MT here and I coded out the ASD no problem. Believed I used the Z4 option to do so.
Great it worked for you, I actually want to code it back in, though I never coded it out in the first place. It was an unintended consequence of making Auto Start/Stop active (which works perfectly), Stephan from BC said no way reading the ECU can make changes, but with all this BMW complexity, I reckon something has triggered the ASD to deactivate. Anyway, thanks for your feedback.
Sponsored