NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
Like everyone else has said, just to add to the list, Bimmercode is your best friend. you can do many other cool things like raise the screen brightness, code in the rolls royce door chime, turn the awful fake exhaust sound off, rear DRL's etc. Def worth the $25 for the app and $100 obdmx
Sponsored

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
Looks like supply chain crap has hit the OBDLInk world too. I was going to say to save $60 and buy the ODBLink CX rather than MX+ but the CX is currently unavailable. It doesn't even come up in the search results on Amazon. I found this but when you choose buy on Amazon it comes up as not available:

https://www.obdlink.com/products/obdlink-cx/

If you can find one somewhere, I will confirm they work perfectly. It's what I use. Or the OBDLink MX+ at $120 is still available on Amazon. There are other choices too as you've seen on this thread and in the poll link that was posted.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Looks like supply chain crap has hit the OBDLInk world too. I was going to say to save $60 and buy the ODBLink CX rather than MX+ but the CX is currently unavailable. It doesn't even come up in the search results on Amazon. I found this but when you choose buy on Amazon it comes up as not available:

https://www.obdlink.com/products/obdlink-cx/

If you can find one somewhere, I will confirm they work perfectly. It's what I use. Or the OBDLink MX+ at $120 is still available on Amazon. There are other choices too as you've seen on this thread and in the poll link that was posted.
Damn, if that's the case, I'll just mail OP mine. You can borrow it, OP.

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
Why not just get the MHD coder or the kies one. I believe those both can be used with bimmercode. I know the MHD one will work

Reactions: zrk

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I've MHD one I'm willing to part ways with.
Hit me up if you want it.

OP
OP
Teleguy11

Teleguy11

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR, 2017 Highlander Limited Platinum
I've MHD one I'm willing to part ways with.
Hit me up if you want it.
Wow! I have much to learn! I do have a bluetooth code reader but I'm not sure if its compatible with bimmercode. It's made by Torque. I have the "lite" version of the app for it only because you must pay for the full version. It's worked fine for me to read and clear codes.
I dont mind paying a one time fee as long as the tool will do what I want. Permanently turn off the awful Start/stop feature!

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
https://Bimmercode.app/adapters

Don't see torque there. Doubt it's torque who makes them as they're doing software...
Anyhow plenty to choose from. CX/MX many people use. No issues with MHD either..

TheBayA90

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Nocturnal A90, 2021 Lexus RX350 F sport
Can Bimmercode be used on 2022? Will this void any warranties if used? Will a dealer know if I made these changes?

OP
OP
Teleguy11

Teleguy11

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR, 2017 Highlander Limited Platinum

Attachments

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Can Bimmercode be used on 2022? Will this void any warranties if used? Will a dealer know if I made these changes?
Yes. No. Depends, no they don't care. Most of these options are already options, they're just hidden in the UI. This isn't an ECU flash or anything.

spta97

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2020 BMW X3MC
I personally prefer an Ethernet adapter. I was using one for a while but it was not MFi certified so the iOS 15 upgrade killed it.

I got another that others reports works with iOS 15: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B099K2B2YJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1). Will be confirming on the Supra soon.

Along with this, you'll need an Ethernet to Lightning adapter. I use this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09JSH9MXF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Ethernet is faster/more stable than Bluetooth.
Sponsored