Start/stop disable module....

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I personally prefer an Ethernet adapter. I was using one for a while but it was not MFi certified so the iOS 15 upgrade killed it.

I got another that others reports works with iOS 15: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B099K2B2YJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1). Will be confirming on the Supra soon.

Along with this, you'll need an Ethernet to Lightning adapter. I use this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09JSH9MXF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Ethernet is faster/more stable than Bluetooth.
For home network I'd agree with you, but you're introducing another adapter and finicky WiFi to Ethernet switching handled by software. BT came a long way and is robust nowadays I'd say ..
Check your previous comment about "it works with iphone"...
Sponsored

spta97

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2020 BMW X3MC
For home network I'd agree with you, but you're introducing another adapter and finicky WiFi to Ethernet switching handled by software. BT came a long way and is robust nowadays I'd say ..
Check your previous comment about "it works with iphone"...
The adapter is not WiFi, it is Ethernet (WiFi is turned off on the phone) and then an Ethernet to Lightning adapter. My understanding (feel free to correct me) is that this will be faster than BT.

I agree BT has gotten better, but I still have failures occasionally with other devices and it makes me nervous I could get a glitch during programming.

Also, outside of MFi requirement for iOS 15, there are limitations on a lot of BT adapters that do not seem to apply to Ethernet (for Bimmercode anyway).

I may be showing my age, but I've always been a hardwire guy ;)

Plug in > battery
Ethernet > WiFi :)

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I totally agree with you. I guess I had fixated on the issues with Android/iOS on BM3 in mind.
BM3 needs data connection to work to download... and phones are a bit finnicky when it's connected via ethernet without internet and using wifi for internet... Anyhow all good :) wired ftw!
I'm in the process of building a house, (paperwork, etc. started before pandemic, still months to go) and I'm getting everything hardwired!! :) still on the fence about putting in a high voltage outlet for future EV needs...
https://bootmod3.atlassian.net/wiki...roid+app+-+Ethernet+and+BM3+NET+WiFi+Settings
https://bootmod3.atlassian.net/wiki...+iOS+app+-+Ethernet+and+BM3+NET+WiFi+Settings

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
I totally agree with you. I guess I had fixated on the issues with Android/iOS on BM3 in mind.
BM3 needs data connection to work to download... and phones are a bit finnicky when it's connected via ethernet without internet and using wifi for internet... Anyhow all good :) wired ftw!
I'm in the process of building a house, (paperwork, etc. started before pandemic, still months to go) and I'm getting everything hardwired!! :) still on the fence about putting in a high voltage outlet for future EV needs...
https://bootmod3.atlassian.net/wiki...roid+app+-+Ethernet+and+BM3+NET+WiFi+Settings
https://bootmod3.atlassian.net/wiki...+iOS+app+-+Ethernet+and+BM3+NET+WiFi+Settings
Put that EV line in now!

spta97

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2020 BMW X3MC
Put that EV line in now!
Totally! Residential 110v/220v is unlikely to change in our lifetime, electric cars will.

What also won't change is the added expense of ripping up walls to run an EV line in the future :)

OP
OP
Teleguy11

Teleguy11

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR, 2017 Highlander Limited Platinum
I will say after purchasing the OB2 mx+, I attempted bluetooth to my Android. What a pain in the butt. Once I was in and connected, I found where to change the start/stop to disable.
Problem is, it didn't work. Should the setting be abled or disabled? I know this sounds stupid but I changed the settings and its still enabling start/stop.???

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I will say after purchasing the OB2 mx+, I attempted bluetooth to my Android. What a pain in the butt. Once I was in and connected, I found where to change the start/stop to disable.
Problem is, it didn't work. Should the setting be abled or disabled? I know this sounds stupid but I changed the settings and its still enabling start/stop.???
It doesn't disable start/stop at all!!. It remembers the last setting. So, go in. Disable/turn off start/stop on your vehicle. Go in Bimmer. Enable the setting

OP
OP
Teleguy11

Teleguy11

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It doesn't disable start/stop at all!!. It remembers the last setting. So, go in. Disable/turn off start/stop on your vehicle. Go in Bimmer. Enable the setting
Ok, thanks.... I think I need to play with Bimmer a bit more.
I was not happy with getting the mx module connected to my Android phone. Very confusing that I had to go in airplane mode etc......

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Ok, thanks.... I think I need to play with Bimmer a bit more.
I was not happy with getting the mx module connected to my Android phone. Very confusing that I had to go in airplane mode etc......
Don't have to. Advised. Like any Windows driver/software you install, but more serious as you may brick it....
If you're not savvy with these, just follow the PDF guide that's on the forums. There's hardly anything else you'd need...

OP
OP
Teleguy11

Teleguy11

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Don't have to. Advised. Like any Windows driver/software you install, but more serious as you may brick it....
If you're not savvy with these, just follow the PDF guide that's on the forums. There's hardly anything else you'd need...
Ok, the PDF would be great... where do I find it?

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra