2021 Supra Oil Seeping Around Oil Cap

aorizun

First Name
Weerit
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra Premium, '05 S2000, '92 Civic Si
Just got home today from a spirited drive and now there's some oil around my oil cap. It's a 2021 3.0, around 32k miles. What could have happened?
Sponsored

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
Overfill? When was the last change and how much was put in?

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
OP
OP

aorizun

First Name
Weerit
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Overfill? When was the last change and how much was put in?
Last change was at 27500. I wasn't the one to fill it. I have Liquimoly 5w30 on the way and was planning to change that at 32500. It hasn't been burning or seeping before today. Oil level still says good.

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra 45th, Mikan 2008 Mazda MX5 PRHT manual
Just got home today from a spirited drive and now there's some oil around my oil cap. It's a 2021 3.0, around 32k miles. What could have happened?
Based upon what I have read in the past, sometimes, spirited driving can cause higher than normal engine pressures, which can force oil past seals and gaskets.
If the oil leak is minor and there are no other symptoms (like engine noise, smoke, or a drop in oil pressure), it might not be a serious issue.

OP
OP

aorizun

First Name
Weerit
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Based upon what I have read in the past, sometimes, spirited driving can cause higher than normal engine pressures, which can force oil past seals and gaskets.
If the oil leak is minor and there are no other symptoms (like engine noise, smoke, or a drop in oil pressure), it might not be a serious issue.
Oil leak was pretty minor. No engine noise or anything like that. It pulled strong and data logs were good. I cleaned it off and have been driving around and no leak so far but I havenā€™t been pushing it.

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra 45th, Mikan 2008 Mazda MX5 PRHT manual
Oil leak was pretty minor. No engine noise or anything like that. It pulled strong and data logs were good. I cleaned it off and have been driving around and no leak so far but I havenā€™t been pushing it.
That is in some ways similar to my diff leak. I am monitoring it as an occasional small drop on the garage floor.

TurboZX10R

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 1991 240SX, 2001 Corvette Z06
I have the same seep from stock cap and klm cap (to catch can) donā€™t know the cause or whatā€™s going on but youā€™ll be fine. Ps I donā€™t have pcv system pinned or Visconti cover if it makes a difference or not idk.

OP
OP

aorizun

First Name
Weerit
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I have the same seep from stock cap and klm cap (to catch can) donā€™t know the cause or whatā€™s going on but youā€™ll be fine. Ps I donā€™t have pcv system pinned or Visconti cover if it makes a difference or not idk.
I'm sort of wondering if it has to do with the pcv system. When I installed my armaspeed air intake I broke off the that crankcase breather hose and I got a new one to replace it and I felt like I put it on right. Hoping that I didn't break it or something.