2021 Toyota GR Supra A91 Edition Revealed. Limited To 1,000 Units

John8

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Nitro, FJ Cruiser 2012
I don't think sales are where Toyota wanted to be and that they hope by having more hype on the car, sales will increase or interest will continue to peak. I remember years a ago, a nice sports car that didn't sell well. The manufacture couldn't figure out why, because it really was good, so they made a few small changes for the next year but increased the price, and the car sold much better. It was too inexpensive, was the reason it didn't sell well at first. Perceived value.

John8

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Nitro, FJ Cruiser 2012
This makes me want to sell my Launch edition and buy a GTR. F Toyota right now
Have a friend with a real tricked out GTR. Loves to take it to the quarter mile. It puts out just a little over 1000 HP. Yes, he has the money and all his cars are fully wrapped. :^)

s219

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW X3 M40i, BMW M2 Comp, Ferrari 328
For those pissed about the upgrade or coming up with theories about poor sales -- we knew back in early 2019 (courtesy of a BMW insider) that the 382HP upgrade and the special edition Supra was coming for the 2021 model. This was all known and discussed on the forum here even before the 2020 Supra launched in the US last summer. So this is definitely not a surprise poke in the eye to early adopters or a response to poor sales -- it was planned all along.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
I don't think sales are where Toyota wanted to be and that they hope by having more hype on the car, sales will increase or interest will continue to peak. I remember years a ago, a nice sports car that didn't sell well. The manufacture couldn't figure out why, because it really was good, so they made a few small changes for the next year but increased the price, and the car sold much better. It was too inexpensive, was the reason it didn't sell well at first. Perceived value.
This makes a ton of sense bc I am guessing the 3.0 price will be jacked up a lot higher now. With more hp and etc. wouldnā€™t be surprised if the 2.0 will take the prices of the base 3.0.

iLuveKetchup

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GT4
Middle cloth/alcantara seat inserts? That would be a great upgrade from the slippery, no support, all leather seats.

Supra Guy

First Name
Frans
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
VW GTI
This makes a ton of sense bc I am guessing the 3.0 price will be jacked up a lot higher now. With more hp and etc. wouldnā€™t be surprised if the 2.0 will take the prices of the base 3.0.
I donā€™t see the 21 2.0 costing 55K like 2020 3.0 does. Or else people are just going to buy a 20 3.0 left over for the same if not lower price.

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
I donā€™t think they would destroy the value proposition the car is already. If they jacked up the price then there would be no reason to buy a 3.0 over a 718 Cayman, or almost anything else at $50,000 for a 2.0

A90 Zero

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 BRZ, 2020 Supra
Interesting that there is a significiant increase in horsepower but virtually the same torque as the 2020 (368 versus 365). I wonder if the engine will feel much different until you get to around 5,000 RPM.

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra TT, 997.1 911 Carrera S, 1199 Panigale S
What a huge slap in the face to the ā€œLaunch Editionā€. I feel sorry for those who paid over invoice on any of the 2020ā€™s.

So this is Tada-sanā€™s version of an annual refresh. :nono:

Toyota dealerships are gonna have a ADM field day all over again.

Villa Jonny

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus [V8] RCF, Camry [V6] SE
Vehicle Showcase
That color is nice. Definitely gonna check one out when it hits the dealers.

Manny

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota 86 & Lexus RC F
My LE just went from garage queen to semi daily. Trade her in for the blue in the future. No big deal or loss. Thatā€™s if I can find a dealer to let go of the blue at msrp :spaz:

Turbro

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Strat 3.0 MT, 94 Supra TT 6Spd
My LE just went from garage queen to semi daily. Trade her in for the blue in the future. No big deal or loss. Thatā€™s if I can find a dealer to let go of the blue at msrp :spaz:
with only 1000 SE total I doubt this will ever go for MSRP. I wish this blue was standard