2021 Toyota Supra jb4 map5 log cause issue.

dethred

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Edition, Lotus Elise SC, (x2)Honda S2000
Jessie @DaBears is the guy to use, make sure you tip him well because he is virtually the only way to use the JB4 on this platform. Unfortunately in my singular experience you have to know this fact before you use the JB4 for the first time on a higher map.

Before Map 5 - no smoke

One pull with e30 on standard Map 5 - smokes at every stop I've come to since then. I've had boost spikes into the 30psi range

The fact that the JB4 is advertised as plug and play when that shit spikes to crazy high numbers is borderline criminal.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Supra 9

Supra 9

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra primium 3.0
If you are not checking logs as you move up thru the maps your a ding dong

I can envision these blown turbo guys adding way too much e, goings-on you to map 5 and sending every day

I ran a jb4 on an n54 flawlessly for 4 years I ran a jb4 on map 4 at probably 15 track days on this b58

For the other jb4. Have burger check logs before moving up each map and don’t try to rush to e50 and map 5 in the first week

Map 3 is really the best fwiw
For the last few months I was running fine with map4, every log I send it to Steve and he asked me to try the next one is Map 5 with E30.
Starting on the third gear from 2500k and pull all the way to red line
If you are not checking logs as you move up thru the maps your a ding dong

I can envision these blown turbo guys adding way too much e, going to map 5 and sending every day

I ran a jb4 on an n54 flawlessly for 4 years I ran a jb4 on map 4 at probably 15 track days on this b58

For the other jb4. Have burger check logs before moving up each map and don’t try to rush to e50 and map 5 in the first week

Map 3 is really the best fwiw
I have been running map 4 for the last six months no problem before I run to map five I did send Steve at BMS my log he say it's look fine the next step is going map5.
And unfortunately it is a little bit too much for this OEM turbo.
I don't think anybody would jump to my five without a tuner looking at it first
It sound like you think we are all idiot except you.or maybe your the lucky one.

OP
OP
Supra 9

Supra 9

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra primium 3.0
JB4 is an extremely safe and great tool. If you dont know how to read your own logs look for a tuner to assist (slide in my dms) or stick to lower boost maps.

Op if you have any logs on map 5 i could look at them and tell you what was going on.
Hey bro
For some reason I cannot copy and paste up here can you give me your email I'll send you my log so you can see it
Thanks in advance bro.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
For the last few months I was running fine with map4, every log I send it to Steve and he asked me to try the next one is Map 5 with E30.
Starting on the third gear from 2500k and pull all the way to red line

I have been running map 4 for the last six months no problem before I run to map five I did send Steve at BMS my log he say it's look fine the next step is going map5.
And unfortunately it is a little bit too much for this OEM turbo.
I don't think anybody would jump to my five without a tuner looking at it first
It sound like you think we are all idiot except you.or maybe your the lucky one.

Perhaps, what is your handle on N54 b58 forum?

EziGR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Map 3 seems to be the best OTS map. Map 6 is likely ideal with a good tuner.
I disagree, Map 3 was absolute hot garbage. Slowed the car down 5 mph in the 1/4, lost all timing, saw 27.7psi of boost. Was a 1 and done map. But I imagine every single car is going to a little different. Custom with dabears now

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I disagree, Map 3 was absolute hot garbage. Slowed the car down 5 mph in the 1/4, lost all timing, saw 27.7psi of boost. Was a 1 and done map. But I imagine every single car is going to a little different. Custom with dabears now
I’m custom with Dabears too, but I was more just referencing the above post. I was alluding to ‘custom is better.’

Sigg

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Mk5,Supra 2018 KTM SuperDuke, 21 sienna plat
21 PSI is the end of efficiency range for this turbo. I have also been running jb4 for quite a while with no issues. No overboosting or weird issues. I'm constantly monitoring logs. I too am waiting for unlock. Car runs great, I run E40 on Map 6 custom. Steve helped me with parameters. Jb4 seems to be one of the safest options considering the safety and overboost parameters it has. Were you checking your logs often? They can tell a story.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Custom is better for sure. But that is odd about map3? Not doubting you. But i wonder what would be different between same spec cars?

I was JB4 on the Supra, recently went custom tune on my 21. But, piggy backs are going to be the future- unfortunately. Even if someone can unlock these- manufactures will just keep making it harder and harder to do.

Shay

First Name
Shay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra Premium White
JB4 is an extremely safe and great tool. If you dont know how to read your own logs look for a tuner to assist (slide in my dms) or stick to lower boost maps.

Op if you have any logs on map 5 i could look at them and tell you what was going on.
What do you mean by "slide in my dms"

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hmmm...according to Steve@BMS
He said generally map 4 or 5 is the best result and the smoothest for the Supra's.

Things change. They update all the time. Steve is the boss when it comes to what is what obviously. That is why i preach going directly to them and not soliciting random dudes on the interweb.

Map 3 worked flawlessly for me. Steve told me to run map 4 on the track with my set up. These cars are different in how they react and handle bolt ons and JB4.

Check your logs......

I bet people who are breaking stuff, broke stuff before JB4 and with other platforms as well. Some people just SEND it all the time with getting to know and understand their machinery. If you can't feel and hear what is going on in the engine then you are asking to break stuff.

fwiw I had a N54 for 4 years with JB4 and never broke anything. I understood the parts and pieces and what was weak and what had been replaced and upgraded. I did not ask for 110% of the engine and usually kept her at about 75-80% max. longevity is directly related to duty cycle and max of components

How many max pulls does an engine have? It is not infinite. Even the N54s and b58s of the world. Now bolt on and boost it. How many max pulls? Every time you race a Dodge from a light you have one less. Just saying
Sponsored