2021 Toyota Supra jb4 map5 log cause issue.

OneTimeAccount

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium - Turbulance Gray
I blew my turbo recently. Then we got into the engine—not pretty. Scoring, increased crankcase pressure had destroyed the rings. There was likely damage going on before your turbo went bad. I’d have it checked out. If you have to replace the engine, go with a better turbo and, for the sake of Jesus and all his saints, stay away from Terry and JB4 garbage.
How did your turbo blow? JB4?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Supra 9

Supra 9

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra primium 3.0
I’m wondering what actually caused it. Is 22 psi too high for this turbo or do you think the wastegate got stuck and that’s what fried it?

I know plenty of others run map 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 fine without blowing up their turbo.

Sorry to hear it happened to you.
First of all 22 PSI is way too much for this turbo It actually bend over the crankshaft in the turbo and screwed up the actuators and the wastegate totally trash the Turbo.
I took off my trash jb4.
Take it to the dealer hopefully they will cover under warranty. Other than that it's going to be my own money
Just wonder any member in here have a 21 turbo with 6 port exhaust let me know I will buy off from that person

OP
OP
Supra 9

Supra 9

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
How did your turbo blow? JB4?
I agree with you stay away from JB4.
Yeah for now I'm still have not a clear answer how's the dealer going to do, but I know my crankshaft is bent My actuator and wastegate f***.

OP
OP
Supra 9

Supra 9

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Any damage to turbo impellers from over boosting it? One guy on here fried his turbo from over boost.

-RJM
Over boost, You will fried your turbo by bending a crankshaft screwed up your actuators and your wastegate. You can't over boost

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Turbulence, 2021 Jeep Rubicon 4xe
22psi with a piggyback on stock turbo?? That seems ridiculously high to me. Isn’t the stock boost on the 21’s like 12-14psi?

OP
OP
Supra 9

Supra 9

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22psi with a piggyback on stock turbo?? That seems ridiculously high to me. Isn’t the stock boost on the 21’s like 12-14psi?
It is seems a little high but I think that 21 stock is about 16 PSI

Reactions: zrk

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
@romanLegion9574 Damn, don’t run map 5 when you get yours!
Yeah, I'm planning on map1 or 2 for the time being. Anyone know how JB4 works with normal mode? I mostly run it in sport but do sometimes drop it to normal for long boring highway stretches.

Jesse DaBears

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Tungsten Supra 3.0 Premium
JB4 is an extremely safe and great tool. If you dont know how to read your own logs look for a tuner to assist (slide in my dms) or stick to lower boost maps.

Op if you have any logs on map 5 i could look at them and tell you what was going on.

OP
OP
Supra 9

Supra 9

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah, I'm planning on map1 or 2 for the time being. Anyone know how JB4 works with normal mode? I mostly run it in sport but do sometimes drop it to normal for long boring highway stretches.
Just make sure you have the latest software I think is 19 and if you run map one and two on 91 up you can run sport all day long no problem but if you run map3&4 and above, You better have the EWG cable connect, It will read better and run smoother without EWG cable it will have some sort of trouble You can run with ethanol up to E30 on map 3 and 4. Doesn't matter what people say or the tuner say do not try map 5. Unless you upgrade your turbo or upgrade on your fuel injection. The OEM turbo can not handle more than 20 lb of boost otherwise You will blow your turbo just like mine what you will max out your turbo and maxed out your wastegate It will cost the crankshaft that propel the turbo plate to be bent

Jesse DaBears

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Tungsten Supra 3.0 Premium
Just make sure you have the latest software I think is 19 and if you run map one and two on 91 up you can run sport all day long no problem but if you run map3&4 and above, You better have to eat EWG cable connect It will read better and as we'll run smoother without EWG cable it will have some sort of trouble You can run up to E30 on map 3 and 4
This is wrong information just so you know. On 91 octane you should only run map 1 (if logs look good) or a custom map. You would have to look at your logs to verify everything is holding up properly. I have seen 91 cars run pretty low timing on even the stock boost profile. You SHOULD NOT run map 2 on 91 octane. Map 3 you really need to be checking your logs or working with someone who can. Map 4 and 5 are absolute maps and again CHECK YOUR LOGS and have supporting octane.

Jb4 is a tool just like all tools you have to know how to use them for them to work properly.

OP
OP
Supra 9

Supra 9

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
This is wrong information just so you know. On 91 octane you should only run map 1 (if logs look good) or a custom map. You would have to look at your logs to verify everything is holding up properly. I have seen 91 cars run pretty low timing on even the stock boost profile. You SHOULD NOT run map 2 on 91 octane. Map 3 you really need to be checking your logs or working with someone who can. Map 4 and 5 are absolute maps and again CHECK YOUR LOGS and have supporting octane.

Jb4 is a tool just like all tools you have to know how to use them for them to work properly.
You are correct I forgot to tell them that make sure to email the log to the tuner so he can read it.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
If you are not checking logs as you move up thru the maps your a ding dong

I can envision these blown turbo guys adding way too much e, going to map 5 and sending every day

I ran a jb4 on an n54 flawlessly for 4 years I ran a jb4 on map 4 at probably 15 track days on this b58

For the other jb4. Have burger check logs before moving up each map and don’t try to rush to e50 and map 5 in the first week

Map 3 is really the best fwiw

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
If you are not checking logs as you move up thru the maps your a ding dong

I can envision these blown turbo guys adding way too much e, going to map 5 and sending every day

I ran a jb4 on an n54 flawlessly for 4 years I ran a jb4 on map 4 at probably 15 track days on this b58

For the other jb4. Have burger check logs before moving up each map and don’t try to rush to e50 and map 5 in the first week

Map 3 is really the best fwiw
Map 3 seems to be the best OTS map. Map 6 is likely ideal with a good tuner.
Sponsored