2021 Toyota Supra Reviews Compilation

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
https://www.roadandtrack.com/reviews/a40978570/2023-nissan-z-vs-2022-toyota-supra/
In a perfect world, you'd have the Z's chassis and stunning exterior and the Supra's engine and interior. We don't live in a perfect world, so the Z remains the best choice. After all, this is a sports car. We don't buy sports cars on interior trim; we buy them for the joy they bring to our lives.

Which brings us back neatly to nostalgia. In far more than just looks, the Z evokes the spirit of the sports car greats, its predecessors among them. It's fun for fun's sake, the rare modern car that truly engages the senses like a classic.

It's something of a triumph from Nissan. Its track record over the last few years has been lackluster. We were prepared for disappointment, but the Z lives up to its promise. It's one of the best Nissans since the GT-R. Despite being made with theoretically better, more modern components, the Supra's whole is less than the sum. I'd like to think there's a great sports car in there somewhere, and maybe the 2023 version will be exactly that. For now, if you want a great Toyota-badged sports car, buy a GR86.

For the nostalgia obsessed, the choice is obvious.

What a joke lol

JoeDaMechanic

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 1993 Mazda RX7
So after reading that article, the Supra has a better interior, transmission, motor, front end, is faster around a track for everyone, and is a better daily driver.... yet the Z is somehow the 'better' car?

"The Supra feels like a newer car," Okulski said. "Which is to say, it has all the bad traits of new cars and all the good traits. It's got a quicker gearbox, a much better, more responsive engine, better tires, a more connected front end, and it also feels like it was built only in pursuit of lap times, not making the driver feel involved in the process."
"At road speeds, the turbo lag and the relative imprecision of the gearbox become less noticeable. It is, however, obvious that the Z is a much older car inside, with a lot of cheap switchgear carried over from the 370Z and other Nissan products. It's a necessary evil, as Nissan doesn't have the development budget to build a sports car from the ground up."
"The Supra's BMW roots are obvious in the cabin, and it feels much more luxurious than the Z. There's a slickness and polish Nissan simply can't match. In some ways, the Supra is the better daily driver, the preferable car to be in when you're puttering around town, clicking off miles on the highway, sitting in traffic, listening to a podcast. Yet, when you're trying to have fun, the Supra doesn't deliver. It's a car that leaves the driver feeling cold and distant, and the suspension tuning isn't right. That rear end skips over bumps and imperfections, and it's much harder to get into a flow with the road surface beneath."

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
" Yet, when you're trying to have fun, the Supra doesn't deliver. "

lol what

Schang105

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra, 2020 Porsche Macan
Why is the Supra being jointly developed with BMW a bad thing? It's a good thing.

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
Don't hate me, but I'm telling you a lot of this negativity in the press is going to disappear if the manual gearbox in the 23 Supra is anything but abysmal.

I haven't driven the Z but every car I have ever driven with an automatic transmission - and this includes the MKV Supra, Miata, 86, GTI (DSG) and even some Lamborghinis and Ferarris - have all been completely unengaging and for mine, boring af when paired with an automatic transmission.

Nissan is cleverly trying to make hay with the "feel" argument before the manual Supra reviews hit. Everything about the Z - from looks to equipment level to engine to performance - are completely lackluster.. and even the Z community seems largely deflated by the release, desperately clinking to these bullshit reviews.

I mean, did anyone notice that the Car & Driver almost palms off body roll and turbo lag as positives?

😂

KahnBB6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'93 Lexus SC300 2JZGTE R154 LSD & 2023 GR86 6MT
The Supra MKV now has a proper manual transmission and a great modern and fast automatic and the revised Nissan Z finally has a twin turbo V6 based on the GTR's VR block architecture also with a strong manual and a modern automatic.

Both turbocharged, 400hp+ six cylinder rear wheel drive LSD equipped sportscars in M/T or A/T.

In the year 2022.

Ultimately both being on sale at the same time with this kind of hardware is a good thing.
Sponsored