2022 A91 - Carbon Fiber Edition available - Cols, Ohio

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Also, keep in mind, our original US market door cards for the passenger side has the hole for a trunk release button for a RHD car... these cards are not specific per side and is just made so that nothing really differs between markets, it just doesn't make sense why for red interior'd cars that they didn't just incorporate the red card for the passenger, it doesn't make the car or interior any less driver focused lol
It totally makes sense. Designer didn't want it. The red from aerial view looks like a cockpit. Well that is how it is marketed.
Sponsored

Reactions: zrk

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
It totally makes sense. Designer didn't want it. The red from aerial view looks like a cockpit. Well that is how it is marketed.
Meh, yeah in a sense yes, but some people's OCD gets kicked hard the moment they realize it. To some it wouldn't be a bother, but there's always that one person..

Reactions: zrk

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Also, keep in mind, our original US market door cards for the passenger side has the hole for a trunk release button for a RHD car... these cards are not specific per side and is just made so that nothing really differs between markets, it just doesn't make sense why for red interior'd cars that they didn't just incorporate the red card for the passenger, it doesn't make the car or interior any less driver focused lol
The door panel that has the trunk release isn't red on the LE/CF editions. It's only the bit with the door speaker and the armrest.

getthumbnail.jpg

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
I’ve had a Yellow CF on order since June 1st and zero updates from my dealership
Just reach out to the dealership here in Bowling Green KY they have one sitting on their sales floor.

OP
OP
Andrew4Supra

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
E6679B8F-E842-43ED-9D74-F5833C7AD382.jpeg

7477F6BE-A7B2-4EBE-BD3D-955A72961C03.jpeg

For those of you who are bothered by the mismatched door cards, just order a RHD door card from EU or Japan lol, all it is, is just a matter of swapping the window controls over from your original door card to the new one..

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
The door panel that has the trunk release isn't red on the LE/CF editions. It's only the bit with the door speaker and the armrest.

getthumbnail.jpg
Oh yeah i know, i'm just saying for those who want matching red driver and passenger door cards, just buy an EU/JDM red door card and swap out your window controls.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
This is why. Because the whole car is modeled after a Formula One car. The nose, the side vents, the rain light style reverse light, and, the cabin.
If that "one guy" is too stupid to get it, that's not Toyota's problem.

20190517_01_11_s.jpg
cie-412-35773.jpg

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
This is why. Because the whole car is modeled after a Formula One car. The nose, the side vents, the rain light style reverse light, and, the cabin.

20190517_01_11_s.jpg
cie-412-35773.jpg
Heeeeey, apparently to that "one guy" F1 cars are two seaters.. ???

GorillaGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' Premium, 08' Tacoma 2WD, 10' FJ Cruiser
Launch Edition is like that as well. It surrounds the driver. I thought it was odd at first as well but now I get it.
Whats strange then is how the passenger seat has red in it. If it was to be totally "driver focused" with red surrounding the driver...then the passenger seat should be black. Idk its just weird to me and I think it would bug the hell outta me if I owned one.

And to pay another $1,100 (for a RHD door panel) on top of an $8k premium for the special edition just to have matching door panels is just ridiculous.

GorillaGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' Premium, 08' Tacoma 2WD, 10' FJ Cruiser
Wow…too stupid huh? I guess having an opinion on a particular style makes someone stupid. Gotta love the world we live in nowadays.

And I can guarantee I’m not the “one person” who feels the same way I do about it.

Last edited:

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
The little red interior panels are not making the car driver focused. It’s trying to cover up for the bad interior bmw has, although the newest bmw interior is much better with how the screen is angled towards the driver
Sponsored