2022 GR SUPRA Stock to track/Street ultimate build

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
I'm not a fan of tune but if you are going to tune for road track, tune for being in power band for long running, like 20 min. or more. Most tunes I've seen on HPDE students are geared toward burst like on drag strip for 10 ~ 15 sec. and cool down which may cause issue when running for more than few minutes or so.

OP
OP
Awad

Awad

First Name
Awad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Gr Supra
This is you?
no this is not me , its my friends draggy in panama ! runnin R compound and 545 WHP he can run 560 but it pushes the turbo too much

OP
OP
Awad

Awad

First Name
Awad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Gr Supra
I'm not a fan of tune but if you are going to tune for road track, tune for being in power band for long running, like 20 min. or more. Most tunes I've seen on HPDE students are geared toward burst like on drag strip for 10 ~ 15 sec. and cool down which may cause issue when running for more than few minutes or so.
this is true , however on track the amount of airflow is higher allowing more efficent exchange of heat per second as well as the biggest bottleneck currently in the supra for track is the intake manifold . upgrading the intake manifold allows an easy push of up to 650WHP with an upgraded turbo with no heat problems . i will be running 3 maps and going to code a hot switch in order to be able to switch maps on the fly if possible not sure if ill have my ecu unlocked by then

OP
OP
Awad

Awad

First Name
Awad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Gr Supra
so to make everything more clear , the supra cooling is actually good . you can run no problem stock with no overheating . as we upgrade performance the biggest bottleneck is the intake manifold hitting the supra with a loss of up to 70hp because of heat soke. upgrading this part easily fixes the issue so current priority is as follows.

1- Upgrading Break pads (rotors are good for experienced drivers however future upgrade will deff help but good enough )
2- Intake manifold
3-Meth injection would allow me to run without an upgraded intake manifold as it would lower temps
4-cooling
5- turbo
Sponsored