2022 Model Year Toyota GR Supra

Multiple Choice: What changes are you expecting or would like to see for 2022?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Don't think so. The Z is supposedly more powerful than the supra and nearly 15k cheaper base options (if rumors are true), has a manual... remind me again how this isn't a threat to the supra? IMO it will kill supra sales. I was ready to bounce on a '21 this year but glad I'm holding out. I'm going to be severely disappointed if the '22 truly has nothing new. I was hoping for a removable top at the least. Ah well...
the 2.0 maybe, but not the 3.0.
The BRZ/86 and Z are the same concept. Cheap(er) RWD manual cars with a mediocre interior. The Supra is a higher quality and aimed squarely at the Cayman. We don't know the power of the Z yet, or the price. But we know it's based on the 370Z and we know that isn't fantastic. The engine the Z gets, dynos at 350/350 where the 3.0 Supra dynos much higher than that. A manual is no match for the ZF8 in the 3.0 Supra.
And in a base Z, if we go by previous models, you get absolutely nothing. No performance brakes, diff, nothing.
This is where the BMW thing makes sense, because Nissan cannot compete with that, in the Z. Not for $35k. So in my opinion, the Z makes much more sense as a BRZ/86 with more power.
Sponsored

Ozzy8690

First Name
Ozzy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
14’ Turbo Ultramarine FRS, 2020 Downshift Blue Supra 3.0 premium
The BRZ/86 and Z are the same concept. Cheap(er) RWD manual cars with a mediocre interior. The Supra is a higher quality and aimed squarely at the Cayman. We don't know the power of the Z yet, or the price. But we know it's based on the 370Z and we know that isn't fantastic. The engine the Z gets, dynos at 350/350 where the 3.0 Supra dynos much higher than that. A manual is no match for the ZF8 in the 3.0 Supra.
And in a base Z, if we go by previous models, you get absolutely nothing. No performance brakes, diff, nothing.
This is where the BMW thing makes sense, because Nissan cannot compete with that, in the Z. Not for $35k. So in my opinion, the Z makes much more sense as a BRZ/86 with more power.
Said it way better than me lol

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The new Z will not be more powerful then the Supra. The 21 Supra does 380ish TO THE WHEELS. The VR30TT makes about 340-350whp and 400 CRANK. Plus I’d argue the interior will be subpar to the Supra. The manual I do agree about.
Exactly

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Wear a wire.

Oh, and a dark trench coat.

And hopefully you’ll get to sleep with a super-hot double agent from Eastern Europe (if so, upload pics).

Thats how it’s supposed to work; at least if movies and spy novels are accurate.
"From Austria With Love" ?

whycantidrive

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
Guess we'll just have to wait. I'm holding off on the supra until the I see the Z in person and drive it. I never had the BRZ/86 in mind when purchasing a sports car.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Guess we'll just have to wait. I'm holding off on the supra until the I see the Z in person and drive it. I never had the BRZ/86 in mind when purchasing a sports car.
It all depends on what you're looking for. If all you want is the most horsepower per dollar, the Z will be a good option. The whole musclecar market is built on that notion. If you want upscale interior quality too, you'll end up with BMW/Audi/Mercedes etc. If you want even more quality than that, you end up in a Cayman. But every step up in quality is accompanied by a step up in price, and the "horsepower per dollar" price goes up.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
One good thing about 86 is, there are countless interior/exterior/powertrain mods out there since almost like day 1.
If it's tuning you want it's there. If you want it to stand out, ext mods are there, but yeah you'll still be in an 86..
From a segment/price/weight point, surely 400z is at 86 range...

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Wear a wire.

Oh, and a dark trench coat.

And hopefully you’ll get to sleep with a super-hot double agent from Eastern Europe (if so, upload pics).

Thats how it’s supposed to work; at least if movies and spy novels are accurate.
You need a good distraction, maybe find that European hottie before going in as a duo ;)

Find that Google Glass thingy, record the whole thing.

Anyhow, all joking aside, even though I'd love to get updates, just don't lose your job over it... and over sharing here..

Bryster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nothing,considering a Civic DX
The 2022 Supra is coming up soon, and that's the one the forum has been amping up, any expectations?

Status
Not open for further replies.