3.0 vs 3.0 premium

Jmanlevan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Supra 3.0 MT, '00 4Runner SR5
Both Premium and base have front Brembo calipers. Rear are normal single piston sliding calipers on both. Size in the rear is different on base.

Screenshot 2023-06-14 at 1.39.05 PM.png
I can confirm this. My base 3.0 calipers have brembo logos on the rubber piece.

Also, I’ll add that 99% of people wouldn’t be able to tell the difference between the different sized rear brakes. Both visually from an aesthetic perspective and from a performance use perspective. Seems kinda silly to me to get a premium just based on the larger rear brake size when the majority of stopping power is coming from the front brakes anyways. But different strokes for different folks!
Sponsored

Nights234

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 premium
I have a premium version for the safety features ( the lane departure does suck), the HUD which I find cool and the seats. To me, the seats in the base are absolute garbage and very uncomfortable. The premiums are really nice and I find them better than my type r seats. I live in Florida and it's been hot as hell and the seats have been fine. It could Help I have a sun protector up when I'm at work though.

Xproplayer

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra White
I use the HUD just fine with polarized sunglasses, but the thing is the HUD on these cars isn't actually worth getting the HUD for. It doesn't show RPM or Gear, the HUD is basically for traffic jam scenarios because it shows you navigation (or other infotainment items like radio / song), speed, cruise control status, and vehicle messages. So it has zero performance use, and coming from someone who dailys their supra, its not even that useful for daily driving. I have turned the HUD off for a motorsports event and then I remember to turn it on DAYS later because I don't get much use out of it.

The JBL speakers I've heard people prefer the base for larger trunk room, and if the speaker box is truly removed, then yea I'd remove these if I could on my premium.

Awales74

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Mazda 6
Rear are normal single piston sliding calipers on both.
You guys are missing the most important distinction between the premium and base rear brakes. Premiums are red. And that's gotta cut 5 feet off the stopping distance and help stop brake fade for at least a couple extra laps on the track.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
You guys are missing the most important distinction between the premium and base rear brakes. Premiums are red. And that's gotta cut 5 feet off the stopping distance and help stop brake fade for at least a couple extra laps on the track.
thats-true-kramer.gif

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
2023 base got red aswell if I recall.

65sohc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
65 GTO, 69 Corvette, 65 Corvette 427, 23 Corvette
I have a premium version for the safety features ( the lane departure does suck), the HUD which I find cool and the seats. To me, the seats in the base are absolute garbage and very uncomfortable. The premiums are really nice and I find them better than my type r seats. I live in Florida and it's been hot as hell and the seats have been fine. It could Help I have a sun protector up when I'm at work though.
So are you saying the seat design is now different between base and Premium? When I got my car the only difference was the upholstery.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
So are you saying the seat design is now different between base and Premium? When I got my car the only difference was the upholstery.
Yes, only difference is seat covers, and I believe base seats aren't electronic adjustable?

65sohc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
65 GTO, 69 Corvette, 65 Corvette 427, 23 Corvette
My base seats are full electric including lumbar and side bolster width. Therefore I'm not sure how they could be described as very uncomfortable.

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I have a base model and haven't wished I had any of the premium features. I like the seats better. It's a bit lighter which I assume is better since I only use the car for track days.

Optimusprimerib

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 manual base
I have a 23 base manual. Sorry, I keep forgetting to measure my rear rotors. It would seem logical if red colored also correlates to the larger rear rotors and unpainted meant smaller rear rotors.

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
Got a 21 base with the tech package, so I got the driver aids and larger infotainment. I'm not a fan of HUDs in general, so I don't really care about that. My seats are alcantara with the bolsters, supports, and headrest being leather; it's nice in the summer that my seat isn't burning hot, as compared to the premium's full leather. Heated seats and steering wheels aren't important to me, and the cabin is tiny, so the heater warms everything quickly anyway. I've also heard the wireless charger doesn't really work well or causes the phone to overheat on the premiums.

Most of the stopping power is from the front brakes, which are functionally identical, so the rear brakes being smaller isn't noticeable unless you're going full attack on track. The only downside is that most rear brake pads marketed for the 3.0 premium probably won't fit. 2.0 rear pads should fit though.

When I was buying, dealerships were asking $7-10k more for premiums, so the fully loaded base model was a no brainer.