3.0 vs 3.0 premium

wavy warrior

First Name
Warrior
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Walk
Hey y’all. Just wanted to hear everyone’s thoughts who picked up the 3.0 and the 3.0 premium and hear thoughts on if they would get the same model again and why. I have the opportunity to get a 3.0, but not sure if I’ll have buyers remorse later if I don’t get the premium.
Sponsored

GoldenEye

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
I have a 3.0 base, only thing I regretted was CarPlay, but then I got it added. The full suede seats sold me, and it was available, lol…

Kolme

First Name
Kolme
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Hey y’all. Just wanted to hear everyone’s thoughts who picked up the 3.0 and the 3.0 premium and hear thoughts on if they would get the same model again and why. I have the opportunity to get a 3.0, but not sure if I’ll have buyers remorse later if I don’t get the premium.
Was recently in a friends base 3.0 (I have a premium with the driver assistance, etc), and actually really liked the seats. He also replaced the media screen with the larger screen and added android auto, etc. My only qualm on his ride was the lack of parking sensors honestly. I do think the speakers were the non-jbl ones, so prob a bit worse than mine.

if you’re willing to replace the media screen and don’t mind those other things, I’d say don’t stress it - save some money.

JTN

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nitro Yellow
A bunch of people hate it, and it is completely a gimmick with limited actual functionality, but I like the HUD in my premium.

Awales74

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Mazda 6
Bought the premium only because it was what was available at a "friendly" dealership. Gotten to really like some of it. I'd say I got decent value out of those features I really didn't want going into the buying process.

The add ons on the other hand still make me shake my head. Thousand dollars for carbon fiber mirror covers. Yep, I agreed to that. Hundred for carpet for the carpet in my trunk, yep. The most aggravating is the thousand spent on the lane departure that simply sucks rocks. Total highway robbery. I get more value out of the stupid mirror caps than the lane departure.

alan7467

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
OP didn’t specify used or new, but current year Supra base models get the full size screen. I *think* that started in the last model year, but not sure.

OP
OP
wavy warrior

wavy warrior

First Name
Warrior
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Walk
Was recently in a friends base 3.0 (I have a premium with the driver assistance, etc), and actually really liked the seats. He also replaced the media screen with the larger screen and added android auto, etc. My only qualm on his ride was the lack of parking sensors honestly. I do think the speakers were the non-jbl ones, so prob a bit worse than mine.

if you’re willing to replace the media screen and don’t mind those other things, I’d say don’t stress it - save some money.
I don’t think I’d be willing to swap the screen honestly. If there was a firmware flash available for newer models I think I’d consider it!

OP
OP
wavy warrior

wavy warrior

First Name
Warrior
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Walk
Bought the premium only because it was what was available at a "friendly" dealership. Gotten to really like some of it. I'd say I got decent value out of those features I really didn't want going into the buying process.

The add ons on the other hand still make me shake my head. Thousand dollars for carbon fiber mirror covers. Yep, I agreed to that. Hundred for carpet for the carpet in my trunk, yep. The most aggravating is the thousand spent on the lane departure that simply sucks rocks. Total highway robbery. I get more value out of the stupid mirror caps than the lane departure.
Can I opt out lane departure feature? Or does it have to come with the premium

OP
OP
wavy warrior

wavy warrior

First Name
Warrior
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Walk
A bunch of people hate it, and it is completely a gimmick with limited actual functionality, but I like the HUD in my premium.
The HUD seems super sick to me honestly. Coming from someone who has never had it before.

JTN

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nitro Yellow
The HUD seems super sick to me honestly. Coming from someone who has never had it before.
Speaking as another person who had never owned a vehicle with a HUD before this one, just the nature of it being a HUD seems very useful. I like that I don't have to look down to the gauges just to check my speed, or that it will have a brief popup when cycling through music or GPS. It is barebones and unintrusive and I like it.

That said, there are much better HUDs on the market that offer much more information and allow for actual customization of the displayed information. The lack of RPM in the HUD on the Supra is a downright head scratching omission.

Awales74

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Mazda 6
Can I opt out lane departure feature? Or does it have to come with the premium
Not likely. Car makers always do the if they want X then they want Y and Z too. People want Premium then they want the driver assist stuff. So finding one without the other is probably like looking for a unicorn. Chalk it up to cost of ownership and turn it off. Or risk it if you like that Final Destination/Saw driving experience. :)

bushido

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, N180 4Runner
and turn it off. Or risk it if you like that Final Destination/Saw driving experience. :)
LMAO, accurate.
@wavy warrior just like most cars with safety features, steering wheel intervention can be turned off. we turn it off because the car rudely violently yanks you in the direction it assumes lines

i feel like it mistakes shadows on the road as lines to follow. nonsense

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
LMAO, accurate.
@wavy warrior just like most cars with safety features, steering wheel intervention can be turned off. we turn it off because the car rudely violently yanks you in the direction it assumes lines

i feel like it mistakes shadows on the road as lines to follow. nonsense
It's literally the worst programmed lane departure system on the market, by far. It thinks the tar snakes are lane markers too, and darts around trying to follow them.

908de232d255202338512491855bd32b.jpg
Sponsored