3.0 vs 3.0 premium

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
It comes with the premium, but you turn it off thru the GUI.
It's on my base model too. I H A T E it. Haven't found a way to turn it off completely, yet. It always seems to find a way to switch itself back on LOL. I keep trying, though. Most likely user error. I assume "GUI" in the screen/roto knob.

Jammon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, BRZ, MGB, Triumph TR3, AH 100-4,
It's on my base model too. I H A T E it. Haven't found a way to turn it off completely, yet. It always seems to find a way to switch itself back on LOL. I keep trying, though. Most likely user error. I assume "GUI" in the screen/roto knob.
Yes, it is. When I first drove the car, it pulled some hard my friend said, "Do you know how to drive?". Unsure, if I turned it off using the GUI or thru Bimmer Code. In any case, it has stayed off. Look under System or Vehicle settings. GUI: Graphic User Interface.

• Haha
Reactions: kaj

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Yes, it is. When I first drove the car, it pulled some hard my friend said, "Do you know how to drive?". Unsure, if I turned it off using the GUI or thru Bimmer Code. In any case, it has stayed off. Look under System or Vehicle settings. GUI: Graphic User Interface.
Yeah. It's dangerously intrusive. I went to make a left turn without a turn signal (was on a turn lane already) and it almost put me into another car šŸ˜‚

AP1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR
Hey yā€™all. Just wanted to hear everyoneā€™s thoughts who picked up the 3.0 and the 3.0 premium and hear thoughts on if they would get the same model again and why. I have the opportunity to get a 3.0, but not sure if Iā€™ll have buyers remorse later if I donā€™t get the premium.
I have a base 3.0. The only thing I miss is blind spot monitoring. That is a great omission in this car with limited side and back visibility for a driver. Anything else has little value. I would consider Premium package it it had Android Auto - I do not use anything from Apple, thus Car Play is useless for me.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Yeah. It's dangerously intrusive. I went to make a left turn without a turn signal (was on a turn lane already) and it almost put me into another car šŸ˜‚
I hear ya man. I never want that thing on. Hence why I was looking for a 3.0 base but couldnā€™t find one when I was shopping. Rare as hell in 2022. The rear brakes would have been the only drawback and I woulda swapped em out like you.

Last edited:

Nights234

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 premium
My base seats are full electric including lumbar and side bolster width. Therefore I'm not sure how they could be described as very uncomfortable.
Maybe itā€™s because I sat in used base model and the seats were swapped? When I was first looking I sat and test drove a base and premium and the seats were like night and day.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
You know there is a user manual, right? šŸ™ƒ

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I hear ya man. I never want that thing on. Hence why I was looking for a 3.0 base but couldnā€™t find one when I was shopping. Rare as hell in 2022. The rear brakes would have been the only drawback and I woulda swapped em out like you.

For some reason I found the ā€œmagicā€ setting for it to stay off. For now šŸ¤Ø Iā€™m running a custom setup in the settings while stuck in town. I havenā€™t been to a track for a few months šŸ˜­ Too damn hot šŸ„µ. And sheā€™s holding that setting. I also have my OEM wheels and tires back on. Who knows if that makes any damn difference. But ainā€™t complaining. Once Iā€™m back on track and mash that turn off all the nannies button, Iā€™m in heaven!
Mine is a base but still has all that junk. Someone above mentioned I can fiddle with settings and fix it. I haven't been in the car for a few weeks but will soon.

You know there is a user manual, right? šŸ™ƒ
Yeah. Books and Google but I'm a social animal, what can I say? šŸ˜ This is far more fun.

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Kia Telly , 2020 Jeep GC , 2023 Supra MT
I was in same boat when I ordered mine and actually made the same thread. I went the the premium only because of the rear brake size. I really wanted those alcantara seats in the base and went back forth for a month or two , but in the end it was the premium .

Highboost145

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MkV, Impreza Sport Hatch
Speaking as another person who had never owned a vehicle with a HUD before this one, just the nature of it being a HUD seems very useful. I like that I don't have to look down to the gauges just to check my speed, or that it will have a brief popup when cycling through music or GPS. It is barebones and unintrusive and I like it.

That said, there are much better HUDs on the market that offer much more information and allow for actual customization of the displayed information. The lack of RPM in the HUD on the Supra is a downright head scratching omission.
RPM, current gear info, and shift points. All missed opportunities.

JoshuaQ

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
I'd buy mine every time. I like stock stuff and if you can't add it later without trusting the nubs at the local dealership then I'd rather get it upfront and remove or not use stuff.

Mine came with everything (which isn't much, lol. Expensive mirror caps and some lug locks).

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
For anyone reading this as research (as I did before voting mine): some of us have been tracking our base model cars. The rear brakes have not been an issue other than to initially find out which pad size we need. Most websites only list rear brake pads for the premium model, so we've had to do some research.
Don't let the rear brakes be a deterrent. They are a non-factor. šŸ‘šŸ¼šŸ¤˜šŸ¼
Unless you like red paint. Then you will want to buy a premium.

JMTBLK

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 MK5 Supra 3.0 MT Base
I have a 3.0 Base MT, personally I compared the 2 models to almost every bolt and decided the base was just what I needed. (I Only Compared the MT models)

Few things to note:

I like the HUD just not a Huge fan of the HUD.

Also the Toyota compare page states that painted calipers are not available unless you purchase premium, however I ordered based with safety and tech system + JBL package and it was delivered with red calipers! ( I didn't care at all I was going to paint them is they didn't come painted but nice surprise.)

I personally like the Alcantara seats much better than the black leather on the premium, I can live without the HUD.

And most important of all is, I don't regret it at all, vehicle is amazing regardless of base or premium, also if you go the route I did it does save you some pocket change $$ but at that point just go with the Premium.

IMG_1071.jpg
Sponsored