6+ minute video of Supra prototype testing in Sweden

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
also, has to have amber turn signals for EU regulations IIRC, only the US is allowed flashing red? I think? Certainly need amber in AU, JPN etc
Sponsored

LEG1T

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
91' Nsx
You can still see cladding on the front fenders into the hood and on the quarter panel by the side vent.

Timster1990

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti Q50
What's the reason for the test drivers always putting the sun visor down when they're been spied?

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
What's the reason for the test drivers always putting the sun visor down when they're been spied?
Just because they know the photos get plastered all over the internet. I'd rather not have people sharing photos of my face for whatever reason.

Well that's not true for me, necessarily. I put my face all over the internet, but I'm sure many people would rather not.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
Sooooo it can slide in the snow???....or it has a tough time recovering from a slip???

...4 more days and everything will finally make sense.

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
Sooooo it can slide in the snow???....or it has a tough time recovering from a slip???

...4 more days and everything will finally make sense.
I think the purpose of this type of testing is not only to test limit handling, but also to test traction control/stability control intervention. If the car has different modes then they need to fine tune the slip angle/wheel speed to trigger TC/VSC in each mode and how quickly the ramp rate is for throttle cut, ABS, and EBD.

That being said, I couldn't really hear any engine noise. Just a little bit of spool noise and some light rumble. Can't imagine it'll sound too different from an M240i, but who knows. BMW has historically made cars that sound like complete garbage, whereas Toyota typically makes cars that sound like garbage trucks, which is actually pretty cool (2JZ totally sounds like the most awesome tractor). I don't have high hopes personally but I'm sure the aftermarket will come through for us.

SupraStew85

First Name
Stewart
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1985 Supra (1jz vvti swap incoming) 2004 V8 4Runner
Guys I can't be the only one thinking this but plug in your headphones and listen to the car pass by at the 3:29 mark that gear change sounded slightly imperfect, and slightly slow... and the engagement of the next gear had a slight "warble" to it. Possibly I'm being too hopeful but does anyone else think that could be a manual just from that sound ?

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
Guys I can't be the only one thinking this but plug in your headphones and listen to the car pass by at the 3:29 mark that gear change sounded slightly imperfect, and slightly slow... and the engagement of the next gear had a slight "warble" to it. Possibly I'm being too hopeful but does anyone else think that could be a manual just from that sound ?
I think the driver just let off and then got back on the gas.
Sponsored