A90 Supra engines and parts diagrams (all) revealed!

JP_Supra

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV
Even the engine is available for 16keuro :rofl:
8.JPG

9.JPG
Iā€™m assuming this is what they meant by giving tuners access to the car before itā€™s out? Buy the engine and start the R & D months before the car hits the streets. Offer HP Packages by the time you take delivery in July.

mrarm

First Name
Franck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
For me already a air filter perf with a decata will be good. all the parts are visibly available to do it except the muffler :dunno:
For a huge prepa piston connecting rod would surely be necessary unless you find piston rods bmw with a lower compression ratio mount on a 4 cylinder for example.
The turbo seems to be also available.
Good new :beer:

McWicked

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stutz Bearcat
Vehicle Showcase
For preparers who want to make a performance air filter, the air filter of the supra is already available :popcorn:
5.JPG

https://handler.lv/en/Product/BMW/13718635102
6.JPG
The resonance chamber on that airbox looks more in line with a Euro or Aussie spec car. US market cars tend to have lower NVH standards for induction noise, so I wouldn't be surprised if US bound cars end up with a different unit.

mrarm

First Name
Franck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The resonance chamber on that airbox looks more in line with a Euro or Aussie spec car. US market cars tend to have lower NVH standards for induction noise, so I wouldn't be surprised if US bound cars end up with a different unit.
For intake muffler is same part number for all vehicles I have see only one modification between us and eu the exhaust. Good news for eu :D
8ABCAF2B-80E7-4B56-ADE5-241EAFFDBE26.jpeg

McWicked

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stutz Bearcat
Vehicle Showcase
For intake muffler is same part number for all vehicles I have see only one modification between us and eu the exhaust. Good news for eu :D
No, it just means the US will get the same quiet intake as the rest of the world. The Helmholtz resonator on the airbox looks like they're trying to dampen a high frequency whine. My guess is that you really won't be hearing the turbo spool in this car.

Prius_F_Sport

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'14 Subaru BRZ, '12 BMW M3
Nothing a performance air system and higher-pressure blowoff valve can't fix.

tisdrew

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW 335i, Kouki s14
Vehicle Showcase
  • seats and exhaust would be really easy weight reduction mods. previous bmw 4-way heated seats where 60lbs+ each! actually, with lighter wheels and a lithium battery thats ~150lbs of lost weight :p
    [...]
  • Rear spring is separated from the shocks
  • Battery is in the trunk
  • Rear axles are the same part# as the F90 M5
Yeah, the seats in all modern bmw seats are heavy AF, try 80+lbs.
Battery in trunk and spring/shock separation are standard configs for bimmers. Getting the battery out is a PITA tho.

THIS was a cool leak :D

So, a lot of BMW parts, but at least they chose the right parts! I`m glad to see the confirmation of a very beefy engine and drivetrain: closed deck block, ZF gearbox, M5 driveshaft, M-series differential, this will all hold +500whp no problem, who knows the real limit. It`s also significant they included features like a gearbox cooler, which is not really needed for a 350hp car, and it`s not present in the BMW 340i for instance. Everything seems over-engineered which is great.
I was also excited to see both m5 driveshaft and axles -- axles were a notorious weak-link on the other high hp turbo bmws (n54, s55, s63). Based on how bmw does diffs on all their other models, we're likely still going to see an e-diff instead of a proper LSD. Only M cars get LSDs anymore -- I read m-sport which is a trim-level available even on the 328s.

The gearbox cooler was a pleasant surprise, knew too many guys hit the limits on their ATs at 500whp without getting the aftermarket coolers first. Luckily, all that would happen was transmission limp mode.

Prius_F_Sport

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'14 Subaru BRZ, '12 BMW M3
Okay, then. I thought the aftermarket would end up having to rebuild every last part of the car.
Turbo and AT-turbo. One's for the AT, and the other's for the... did not see that coming.
But oh, yes, please.

Mike Myers

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MB E350e, MB V250, (no longer: BMW 430D xDrive)
Its for the sunroof lol, this is why I think BMW and Toyota are trolling us
Some kind of an Easter egg ;)

Nobody ever talked about a sunroof, right? Canā€™t imagine how it should work / look like with this shape of the roof.
Sponsored