A90 Supra engines and parts diagrams (all) revealed!

BRX

First Name
Abdulla
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tundra, Celica, GT86
CAN protocol is a very simple protocol, you just need 2 wires (CAN high and CAN low) to transmit data...that's why the auto industry uses it. For example, in my line of work, we primarily work with automation for high voltage equipment....so CAN BUS wouldn't be as efficient as say ModBus over TCP or DNP for electrical interfaces (HMI's) or controllers that need more data points transmitted. However, this still doesn't make interfacing CAN with older ECU's or integrating emulators with CAN a reliable or affordable solution. There are a few standalone ECU's that can integrate with CAN, but they are still ways away from being 100%.

Btw, Pure Automotive still has a check engine light that appears with their solution no? The 86 works, but will it pass emissions when they connect the cord??? :oops:
You're right, they're not at 100%. That's why I said almost perfect. You have to sometime cycle through ignition to get it working. But for a pretty cheap translator it's absolutely worth it.

Regarding the CEL, I doubt it shows. It is controlled directly through CAN BUS and if my guy figured it out they have as well.
Sponsored

twntrbo03'

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1998 Supra Turbo Quicksilver ---1993 Supra Turbo Anthracite --- 2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4x4
We did another 3UR swap in an FJ Cruiser where the old 1GR ECU used mostly analog signals for tach and temp. Using the same translator hooked up to an analog module, the CAN BUS was converted to analog and everything works as it should.
Info on this please!! I have an FJ cruiser and wouldn't mind doing this down the road if my engine ever decides to blow up on me

BRX

First Name
Abdulla
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tundra, Celica, GT86
Info on this please!! I have an FJ cruiser and wouldn't mind doing this down the road if my engine ever decides to blow up on me
PM me for details, I'd be happy to help.

BRX

First Name
Abdulla
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tundra, Celica, GT86
Very strange why replace B by C.
It's a fuel type code
B -> gasoline
C -> Ethanol?
Capture.JPG
Found this but it's definitely not right. My guess is Flex-fuel but I'm not familiar with BMW if the "B" category also includes Flex-fuel in previous engines.

BMW-B-Engine-Code-Key-Breakdown-B38-B46-B48-B58.jpg

Noble713

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
JZA80, JZX110, XE10
Why not? It's only fair for a SUPRA to have a 2JZ. I know i'm not the only one planning this either.
As an owner of a 2J Supra (and two other JZ-powered cars, look at my sig)....that seems really silly to me.

I'm very much looking forward to the B58 engine. The iron-block 2JZ is a god damn boat anchor. I'm sure the compact and lighter aluminum B58 has major impacts on handling dynamics, turn-in, etc....and as already stated, it's proving to be a pretty stout and tunable power monster for those that wanna chase big RWHP numbers.

mrarm

First Name
Franck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Found this but it's definitely not right. My guess is Flex-fuel but I'm not familiar with BMW if the "B" category also includes Flex-fuel in previous engines.

BMW-B-Engine-Code-Key-Breakdown-B38-B46-B48-B58.jpg
:hmm:
I find this number strange B58C30O1.
I would think more B58B30O2 if it's same engine than X5 and Toyota has update some parts.

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
Bmw have already used c for the B57D30C but for a quadruple turbo but the Supra has a single turbo :dunno:
The 'C' is quite confusing when looking at the B57 example because it is also referenced as "S" and "T0P" in various documentation. "S" referring to Super and, "TO" meaning "Top-new development" while "P" is a mystery

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
The 'C' is quite confusing when looking at the B57 example because it is also referenced as "S" and "T0P" in various documentation. "S" referring to Super and, "TO" meaning "Top-new development" while "P" is a mystery
EDIT:
Here it references "C" and "S"
Here it references the G11 having the "T0P"

93Siro

First Name
Sina
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z4
The Chinese market 120i has B48A20C name.

mrarm

First Name
Franck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)