A90 Supra life cycle: Incremental updates? New variants coming? What's next?

Jackyl tm

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Edition, C230, Mazda Protege
I really don't know about any "buzz" for the Supra to begin with. Could very well be because of my work, but even with the manual, it was just a manual is coming for a few days then how it's always been
Wow a lot of punctuation errors for one hand. Too lazy to fixšŸ˜‚
Sponsored

Michael-Dallas

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 4Runner
I had an S2000 up until recently and my hard top didnā€™t store in the car either, you store it in the garage. Crash testing all they need to do is add a roll bar behind the seats. The S2000 also only had a roll bar behind the seats; no roof.
Not every consumer has a garage. And crash testing is more involved in financial and other resources from Toyota & BMW, than slapping on a rollbar and calling it day.

MoTeC_R

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 & 2022 A91-CF
Not every consumer has a garage. And crash testing is more involved in financial and other resources from Toyota & BMW, than slapping on a rollbar and calling it day.
Not every consumer has a garage correct. Thatā€™s why they can buy the standard model instead if they donā€™t have a garage or buy a Camry. The roof is not providing crash support it will crunch like an aluminum can. The interior structure of the windshield frame and rear support frame behind the seat already is whatā€™s providing roll protection. If Toyota wants to do it they will. Thereā€™s nothing stopping them and itā€™s about all thatā€™s left to hype the Supra through 2025. The roll bar would be additional support beyond what the current model has. This isnā€™t as complex as some think for the worlds largest auto manufacturer.to produce.

Itā€™s my prediction itā€™s going to happen. A little birdy thinks itā€™s happening as well. šŸ¦­

StevesMK5

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE Nocturnal. 94 Mkiv Supra turbo renaissance red 6 speed Ram 3500 6.7 Jeep Wrangler l6
I hope to see a deep jewel green example. In A91 GRMN edition with S58 poweršŸ’Ŗ itā€™s in the same engine family as B58 they swapped engines after the first year of production and gave us a Manuel in the 3rd year. Hopefully we get this engine in 2024-2025. At least give it a 2 year run so I can get a chance of an allocation.

MoTeC_R

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 & 2022 A91-CF
I know a lot of us would be willing to camp out like ALONE for an S58 version of the MKV Supra!

MoTeC_R

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 & 2022 A91-CF
I hope to see a deep jewel green example. In A91 GRMN edition with S58 poweršŸ’Ŗ itā€™s in the same engine family as B58 they swapped engines after the first year of production and gave us a Manuel in the 3rd year. Hopefully we get this engine in 2024-2025. At least give it a 2 year run so I can get a chance of an allocation.
I know a lot of us would be willing to camp out like ALONE for an S58 version of the MKV Supra!

Theyā€™d have to have the medical team haul me away before I got out of line! šŸ¤£

Kiske

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1988 FC3S, 2015 Evo X FE, 2018 tS, 2021 A90 3.0
BMW's current G80 color option, Isle of Man Green Metallic might fit the bill, although quite a bit lighter. I too want a Toyota spec'd hakone option. BMW still hasn't really shared their flagship M car colors. Java Green Metallic might also be an option but, after seeing a lime green sema car... not a popular choice. Or just go full highlighter with their Sao Paulo Yellow would also be insane specs given how well Nitro hits.

StevesMK5

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE Nocturnal. 94 Mkiv Supra turbo renaissance red 6 speed Ram 3500 6.7 Jeep Wrangler l6
Yeah Toyota-bmw better give us Isle of Man green 2024. To many greys blues and much of the same colors. Itā€™s perfect color for GRMN A91 M šŸ”„

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
I truly don't think a targa top is ever coming. I only say that due to the contract made with bmw. Bmw would produce the Convertible and Toyota the coupe.targa isn't a true convertible I know, but probably some lingo in there to stop that.
I could understand that if people were actually cross-shopping the two, but I've NEVER seen it happen in real life.

I also don't think that the notion of chopping the roof (on this platform) changes the crash structure that much..but we're also yet to even see a single official crash test or rating of the Supra, even four model years into it now. Only thing I've seen tested is the Z4, which is odd because the Supra outsells it by a factor of three in several markets.

AutoDelight

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' A91 Supra, 04' RX-8 GT, 95' RX-7 Base
i honestly miss my 2017 Mazda Miata RF Club. Having the automated removable top was a joy. In my humble opinion, testing may not be as bad as most would think if the chassis already has a complaint convertible, may not be too far off for a targa unless safety regulations have changed since the convertible was passed. I would love to have a Targa Mk5 but odds are it wont be done (makes me #11 on the list of people who want it).

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
I for see nothing but suspension changes, different wheels, new colors (inside and out) and maybe a power bump by 10hp/10tq by computer change to say the newer car is better than the previous.

Recession is here, the joint project is halfway over, and I am assuming like many the car is done the same time as the Z4.
Sponsored