A90 Supra life cycle: Incremental updates? New variants coming? What's next?

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
No it is not dead. Petrolium ICE is dying but Hydrogen ICE & Synthetic + Biofuel ICE are in the works Toyota is not betting on just ICE. They are utilising different technology to different platforms to achieve specific engineering goals. So will other car manufacturers. Especially a sports car manufacturer like Porsche.
Sorry but I doubt these alternative fuels will yield any meaningful long term results outside of niche markets. There's just no infrastructure for them and EVs have bolted out of the gate, cornering the next gen energy market. How's Honda's Clarity technology going? And besides, Hydrogen just needs one really bad news day with a Hindenburg headline and it'll be unmarketable.

Biofuel too is another flash in the pan which might prolong ICE but is unlikely to replace black gold outright.

I'm not happy about it but the reality is that ICE has begun its steady decline into niche and eventual obsolescence.
Sponsored

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
Guys im planning on waiting on a 2025 3.0 premium am i safe to assume they will still make it by then?
I considered doing this but the way Toyota's allocation system works, I think it will be hit and miss on who gets a car. Here in Oz I've been waiting almost 9 months and still don't have my car. I think if you get your timing wrong on the MY25 allocations, there is a real potential that you could miss the boat. 🤷‍♂️

Bigboss

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 civic FK7 sport, supra 3.0 premium
I considered doing this but the way Toyota's allocation system works, I think it will be hit and miss on who gets a car. Here in Oz I've been waiting almost 9 months and still don't have my car. I think if you get your timing wrong on the MY25 allocations, there is a real potential that you could miss the boat. 🤷‍♂️
Do you know what # you are on the deposit list on that dealership your with? My greatest fear is missing the chance waiting that long cuase its the best time i can save and afford one😭. The dealership i went with only has 2 people ahead of me and they made it sound like i can get the car i want easy so it make it seem like id get a car for 2024 alot sooner than i wanna plan.

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
Do you know what # you are on the deposit list on that dealership your with? My greatest fear is missing the chance waiting that long cuase its the best time i can save and afford one😭. The dealership i went with only has 2 people ahead of me and they made it sound like i can get the car i want easy so it make it seem like id get a car for 2024 alot sooner than i wanna plan.
I don't think it works that way here.. unless I just to my dealer I want a Supra.. any Supra.. then the cue idea would make sense. I placed my order in July last year.

My dealership has actually been pretty good in that they are getting two demos in and offered both cars to me if I want them. As they are the wrong colour and spec I passed though. I figure if I'm paying such a large amount of money (and for me it is), I'm better off waiting for the exact spec and colour I want!

I think the issue is the way Toyota handles "orders," more than anything else. Sure, there's Covid and the war in Ukraine and other factors, but underneath it all, Toyota's allocation system seems does nothing to help the cause.

AJRMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Manual Supra
Interesting discussion these past few weeks…

A 6-mt with the B58TU2 would be interesting but would that alone be enough to make people wait an additional year?

Lets say it does happen, for those of us who want a bolt on Supra, will it be a significant difference in performance an tuneability?

mmspider

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 2.0L(sold)
I don't think it works that way here.. unless I just to my dealer I want a Supra.. any Supra.. then the cue idea would make sense. I placed my order in July last year.

My dealership has actually been pretty good in that they are getting two demos in and offered both cars to me if I want them. As they are the wrong colour and spec I passed though. I figure if I'm paying such a large amount of money (and for me it is), I'm better off waiting for the exact spec and colour I want!

I think the issue is the way Toyota handles "orders," more than anything else. Sure, there's Covid and the war in Ukraine and other factors, but underneath it all, Toyota's allocation system seems does nothing to help the cause.
What Toyota and other Japanese car buyers don`t realize is that every American and European car maker has custom ordering available right now. Myself, friends and family all put in custom orders in 2021/2022 with zero problems from different brands. On average it took about 4-5 months to get the cars.

AayVeee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BRZ
this time last year rumours of manual transmission for MY23 were circulating. anyone hear any rumours about if facelift is happening this year and what incremental changes we should be looking forward to? hoping to put an order in for MY24 in nitro yellow soon lol

Stvee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2007 4Runner
this time last year rumours of manual transmission for MY23 were circulating. anyone hear any rumours about if facelift is happening this year and what incremental changes we should be looking forward to? hoping to put an order in for MY24 in nitro yellow soon lol
The "facelift" was probably 2023.

I haven't seen any credible rumors for 2024 yet though. At this point last year, the manual was all but officially confirmed.

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
The "facelift" was probably 2023.

I haven't seen any credible rumors for 2024 yet though. At this point last year, the manual was all but officially confirmed.
All the rumors point to a (Japan only) GRMN. I don't buy the S58 rumors however. Beyond this, (and without any evidence behind me), I'd suggest we'll see some colour changes along with some minor tweaks ala hairpin+. There's also a chance the slightly updated version of the B58 will be dropped in too.

And just for the record, in the highly unlikely event that a Targa is announced, I'm officially going to go postal.

Zupra_Toscana90

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tungsten Silver A90
All the rumors point to a (Japan only) GRMN. I don't buy the S58 rumors however. Beyond this, (and without any evidence behind me), I'd suggest we'll see some colour changes along with some minor tweaks ala hairpin+. There's also a chance the slightly updated version of the B58 will be dropped in too.

And just for the record, in the highly unlikely event that a Targa is announced, I'm officially going to go postal.
My guess is leaning towards a 400+hp B58TU2 engine, these come with better manifolds and both direct and port injection. They'll probably have a lot more potential without the need of extravagant fuel system upgrades outside of upgrading injector sizes.

Stvee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2007 4Runner
Probably just a special color package.

They better do a green/tan combo for one year at least. Isle of man green or java green would look great on the supra.

M4-NYC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
G82 M4
Probably just a special color package.

They better do a green/tan combo for one year at least. Isle of man green or java green would look great on the supra.
I agree with this big time. I'd also like to see a pastel blue similar to Oslo Blue 😍

Sharocks

First Name
Sha
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 A91 MT, 04 M3, 05 M3, 00 M5, 00 Z3M, 04 X5 6MT
If they do a final edition Supra, I hope it's only a 3.0 Premium, available with manual as an option, and finally has matching fucking door cards.

They're gonna lock ECU's and give us shitty iDrive, just offer a stick and make the interior look uniform and I'm pretty sure most folks are game.

bushido

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, N180 4Runner
my assumptions are:
probably less color options, addition of the boring skyscraper grey, maybe bringing red interior back, more suspension tuning, exhaust tuning

for the special edition, probably something GT4-inspired, a mild track-edition, will be ugly, leather/alcantara interior, paying more for less type deal
Sponsored

Last edited: