A91-MT CLUTCH GONE💀☠️😵🏴‍☠️🪦

GRSupraPR

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 2023, Tacoma TRD PRO 2022
I love the car but definitely didn't expect to have such unreliable clutch!!

Simply put the clutch went out and the dealer says is not a repair under warranty unless Toyota approves this repair as a factory defect.

Waiting on Toyota corporate to find a solutions that doesn't involve me paying for a defective new platform problem.

CAE6B2EB-1FDD-4135-A2B1-E11EECC57003.jpeg

Sponsored

6mtsoup

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A91-MT
I'm guessing Toyota wanted to keep the parts to do their own investigation, but did you manage to grab any pics of the old one?

OP
OP
GRSupraPR

GRSupraPR

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
No pics just the dealer diagnostic.

OP
OP
GRSupraPR

GRSupraPR

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
What were the symptoms as it started to fail?
If you accelerate the car you feel theres no power and the rev goes up to the redline super fast. At first was in occasions and small slips then it went downhill with a powerless car..

Mine is a daily with 11,200 miles already.

OP
OP
GRSupraPR

GRSupraPR

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My friend is having the same issues with much less miles and 2 other owners are feeling the small symptoms.

Rob901

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 STi, '23 A90-MT
I love the car but definitely didn't expect to have such unreliable clutch!!

Simply put the clutch went out and the dealer says is not a repair under warranty unless Toyota approves this repair as a factory defect.

Waiting on Toyota corporate to find a solutions that doesn't involve me paying for a defective new platform problem.

CAE6B2EB-1FDD-4135-A2B1-E11EECC57003.jpeg
Is your car stock power?

GreyMadder

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Tungsten A90 Premium, 08 Tundra, 04 GX470
flywheel replaced? Takes quite a bit to warp a flywheel. Clutch was either hanging or someone don't know how to shift. Hope they replace it for you, also hope you broke in the clutch before hot rodding it.

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
Toyota claims stock clutch is the under warranty for 1 year and 12k mikes so you should just good for that, this is absolutely ridiculous that Toyota can’t accept responsibility.
I am getting really annoyed with their service with my issue and seeing how they are handling a full on failure and you experienced the same symptoms I am at 3k miles makes me really want to sell the car… what a joke, all this hype and bs story about the work they put into developing this car and now they wanna pretend they don’t know their is an issue going on. F that.

Avarela99

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 3.0
Toyota claims stock clutch is the under warranty for 1 year and 12k mikes so you should just good for that, this is absolutely ridiculous that Toyota can’t accept responsibility.
I am getting really annoyed with their service with my issue and seeing how they are handling a full on failure and you experienced the same symptoms I am at 3k miles makes me really want to sell the car… what a joke, all this hype and bs story about the work they put into developing this car and now they wanna pretend they don’t know their is an issue going on. F that.
Sell it and get another nitro yellow auto:)))

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
flywheel replaced? Takes quite a bit to warp a flywheel. Clutch was either hanging or someone don't know how to shift. Hope they replace it for you, also hope you broke in the clutch before hot rodding it.
The only way to purchase the clutch disc is along with the flywheel. They don't sell it any other way right now.

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
Sell it and get another nitro yellow auto:)))
Ya more like sell it and buy another comfortable cheap daily and start investing more into local Real estate as the market collapses.
Sponsored