aftermarket Exhaust will void warranty?

Aux84

First Name
Augusto
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GR Supra 3.0
Hi guys, I bought a Supra mk5 in Italy and it will arrive in march/April. in the mean time I'm learning what I want to change or add to this amazing car. one of them is the exhaust because unfortunately EU regulation made this car sound like a Prius. `As I don't want to loose the warranty straight away, there's any specific exhaust system that won't void the warranty? I just joined the forum and I'm trying to learn as much as possible, thanks to all of you who will help me out!
Sponsored

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Hi guys, I bought a Supra mk5 in Italy and it will arrive in march/April. in the mean time I'm learning what I want to change or add to this amazing car. one of them is the exhaust because unfortunately EU regulation made this car sound like a Prius. `As I don't want to loose the warranty straight away, there's any specific exhaust system that won't void the warranty? I just joined the forum and I'm trying to learn as much as possible, thanks to all of you who will help me out!
What would you loose? Not being a smart ass but would think only the stuff related to the exhaust would be affected. Like if you brought it in because you didnā€™t pass emissions šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø I donā€™t have that issue here in Florida but trying to think what it would effect?

OP
OP

Aux84

First Name
Augusto
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GR Supra 3.0
What would you loose? Not being a smart ass but would think only the stuff related to the exhaust would be affected. Like if you brought it in because you didnā€™t pass emissions šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø I donā€™t have that issue here in Florida but trying to think what it would effect?
the problem is that EU spec supra have OPF with pressure sensor, so if you change exhaust it will trigger engine light and an error into the ecu that Toyota will read and void the warranty :banghead:

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
the problem is that EU spec supra have OPF with pressure sensor, so if you change exhaust it will trigger engine light and an error into the ecu that Toyota will read and void the warranty :banghead:
That's not how it works; for the dealership to deny a warranty repair, they need reasonable proof that your mod caused the damage. An engine light is a warning light; it does not indicate any damage is done.

Given that the exhaust does not stress the car, it's a safe mod that will not get you in trouble with the warranty.

Awales74

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Mazda 6
OP is in Italy. Cannot speak to this at all and I warn you to note where the other forum members are located.

In the U.S., we are governed by a Federal statute known as the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act. Basically the mfg must show how the aftermarket part caused the failure. A stupid stick on spoiler won't void warranty for a transmission failure. Along the power chain, downstream rarely impacts upstream. So an exhaust, furthers down stream, won't impact a warranty claim on the intake. But even if you are talking about an upstream part like an intake, they'd have to show how that intake could cause differential to grenade.

In the U.S. we also have what is legal and what's in practice. Simple fact is the dealership or mfg may deny a claim initially. And so if you mod your car, you may have hold your ground and stand up for yourself. This alone can be a PITA.

But that's the U.S. No idea of what is legal or custom in Italy.

Go Scuderia Ferrari! Good luck Chuck!

baagel

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2020 Challenger Hellcat

Syken

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra A90 3.0
If u Remove the OPF u make the car "non street legal"... so i wouldnt even Remove the OPF
Also if ur afraid of losing warranty just ask ur Toyota Dealer..

There is some exhaustĀ“s for EU Spec SupraĀ“s
They dont change much but it gets a bit Better soundwise..
U also have the HJS Downpipes that are Legal in Europe for the Supra also helps a little...
But ur car is never going to Sound like an USA Spec Supra...
Try to find some Videos for EU Spec Supras with a different Exhaust

Drnick

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra premium
OPF?? What exactly does this gadget do?

Tri5tate

First Name
Tristate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2020
If you remove the OPF, you wont get a CEL directly. I took me like 30-40 days before I got a warning about the OPF sensor.

If I were you, I would start with either Remus or Millteks race exhaust, which just replaces the OEM muffler. It makes a big difference and you can finally hear the exhaust. But if you are like me, and want to annoy every hippie, then you gotta delete the OPF too. It makes the exhaust tone sound a lot cleaner and the pops is also much higher.

But the first option allows you to keep the OPF filter and thus not having to remove the code.

OPF?? What exactly does this gadget do?
Making the car sound like a vacuum cleaner. šŸ˜ž
Sponsored