jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Again you need to see it in person
Even the diameter is big
I was saying this before seeing it in person
Are you talking about the stock exhaust? If so I agree. They're pretty big for a stock.
Sponsored

imoj1

First Name
Omran
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95' Supra, '15 Maserati, '98 Skyline, '15 Mustang, M5
Tbh nothing so far, the US stock exhaust sounds decent enough. The HKS's sound Okay-ish, but in the video you can see the exhaust diameter is not that big, just the exhaut tip.
I will wait to hear better ones, maybe a straight pipe will do it for me haha.
Man
If mine is American mkv
I wonā€™t even think about the exhaust now, maybe after a year or so

But GCC Japanese cars come very similar to Europe cars in exhaust sound and specs(pls correct me if Iā€™m wrong)
Thatā€™s why Iā€™m searching for exhaust

nigaskiga

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Accord
The HKS sounds nice. The miltek does too although it just sounds like a louder version of the stock sound. The akrapovic video was crappy so I'm gonna wait till theres better video of it.

john_galt

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
supra
I seem to have a different opinion than you guys (or crap speakers!) the Milltek sounds exactly like an EU stock exhaust but louder with more pops and basically no different tone. The Akrapovic and HKS sound higher pitched and more exciting to me. Will definitely be waiting for more videos though before thinking about buying one. Thanks everyone for putting all the videos in one place!
i cant tell the diff between the first two and stock. hks sounds more hollow though. any hp numbers?

Bosstee

First Name
Bastian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
Man
If mine is American mkv
I wonā€™t even think about the exhaust now, maybe after a year or so

But GCC Japanese cars come very similar to Europe cars in exhaust sound and specs(pls correct me if Iā€™m wrong)
Thatā€™s why Iā€™m searching for exhaust
I assume the EU sound ā€œrestrictionā€œ is a result of the particulate filter in the midpipe. Looking at the realoem diagrams the part should be interchangeable with the US midpipe.

scoates

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 GT86, 2020 Supra A90 Edition, 2021 GR Yaris
I hope it is a simple change over and if it is I'd consider somehow getting a US spec exhaust fitted to my UK car. Surely everything should fit together properly? Or would it give a check engine light due to filter etc?

I wonder if it can be ordered as a replacement part in the UK if the part number is known, would be easier shipped from Austria than America!

Rotaryrunner

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda RX 8
Vehicle Showcase
I hope it is a simple change over and if it is I'd consider somehow getting a US spec exhaust fitted to my UK car. Surely everything should fit together properly? Or would it give a check engine light due to filter etc?

I wonder if it can be ordered as a replacement part in the UK if the part number is known, would be easier shipped from Austria than America!
Check if there is any sensor behind the particulate filter. If not, the ECU shouldn't throw error codes

imoj1

First Name
Omran
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I assume the EU sound ā€œrestrictionā€œ is a result of the particulate filter in the midpipe. Looking at the realoem diagrams the part should be interchangeable with the US midpipe.
What about other regions
Dubai (GCC)
Japan
We donā€™t have these restrictions in Dubai like Europe
But Iā€™m just afraid Toyota wonā€™t make many models
One American
One EU (for Europe, Japan, and all)

BRX

First Name
Abdulla
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tundra, Celica, GT86
What about other regions
Dubai (GCC)
Japan
One American
Our Land Cruisers are 30hp less than US Land Cruisers. I doubt they would bother giving us the higher spec engine due to the additional stress from the heat.

imoj1

First Name
Omran
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Our Land Cruisers are 30hp less than US Land Cruisers. I doubt they would bother giving us the higher spec engine due to the additional stress from the heat.
Exactly
Even though they say we dont have these restrictions
I doubt Toyota will bother to have many models in their manufacture line

Saeedali78

First Name
Saeed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2jzgte IS300
Exactly
Even though they say we dont have these restrictions
I doubt Toyota will bother to have many models in their manufacture line
Yeah I doubt it too, as the Supras we got here in Oman are all having the small ugly Toyota badge above the SUPRA badge, hence the EU market Supra?
Sad but I guess we can exchange the midpipe as mentioned above.

Bosstee

First Name
Bastian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
What about other regions
Dubai (GCC)
Japan
One American
As for Dubai I assume they will get the EU version as many other cars there are.

Yeah I doubt it too, as the Supras we got here in Oman are all having the small ugly Toyota badge above the SUPRA badge, hence the EU market Supra?
Sad but I guess we can exchange the midpipe as mentioned above.
Unfortunately, I just read on a German forum about BMWs with a B58 and a particulate filter having a pressure sensor in the downpipe. I guess itā€™s there to see if the filter is clogged up. So removing the filter could lead to the engine throwing codes.... havenā€™t read about anyone who has tried it out (very illegal in Germany.)

imoj1

First Name
Omran
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
As for Dubai I assume they will get the EU version as many other cars there are.

Unfortunately, I just read on a German forum about BMWs with a B58 and a particulate filter having a pressure sensor in the downpipe. I guess itā€™s there to see if the filter is clogged up. So removing the filter could lead to the engine throwing codes.... havenā€™t read about anyone who has tried it out (very illegal in Germany.)

We need someone of the friends who received their cars to check the US exhaust if itā€™s include that sensor, maybe @SlowGTR

@BRX @Saeedali78