OP
OP
OneTimeAccount

OneTimeAccount

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium - Turbulance Gray
I have the aFe end links and they are just under 15" center to center when adjusted to the shortest length.

How do the caster bushings feel? Do you happen to know what your caster was set to after the install? I remember you were battling uneven caster in stock form, correct?
Thanks! Center to center meaning where the bolt is, right? I believe last I measured, mine were 16 and a 1/2” center to center.

Caster bushings feel amazing. Much better feel and responsiveness. Yes, caster was a bit uneven, 9.96 and 9.35 before and 8.5 after.
Sponsored

Msoupe

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0, Civic Hatch, C10 Pickup
Thanks! Center to center meaning where the bolt is, right? I believe last I measured, mine were 16 and a 1/2” center to center.

Caster bushings feel amazing. Much better feel and responsiveness. Yes, caster was a bit uneven, 9.96 and 9.35 before and 8.5 after.
Center to center would technically be the center of the heim joint ball to heim joint ball. The studs are close enough though.

OP
OP
OneTimeAccount

OneTimeAccount

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium - Turbulance Gray
Finally got around to shortening the end links. This is the shortest they could go and this photo was taken at right height with the steering wheel at full lock.

I think I’m in the clear now. Really wanted to get this fixed and prevent any more wear to the rod end bearings I just had to replace.

Attachments

Yalemaier

First Name
Yale
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Finally got around to shortening the end links. This is the shortest they could go and this photo was taken at right height with the steering wheel at full lock.

I think I’m in the clear now. Really wanted to get this fixed and prevent any more wear to the rod end bearings I just had to replace.
Just checking in! I just had the SPL front lower control arms installed along with the Cusco non-adjustable front sway bar. Everything else is stock. I noticed some rubbing with turning and periodic clunking when hitting bumps. I checked underneath and there is some slight rubbing. Did simply shortening the adjustable end links to their shortest setting remedy the issue? Thanks! Appreciate the help.

Yalemaier

First Name
Yale
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
@OneTimeAccount

Also noticed from the image on the first post that your end links are extended. I'd suggest shortening them. At full droop it may look like lengthening the end links will make it better, but at ride height, the sway bar end actually lives just above the SPL arm. If you shorten them, the sway bar will rotate up and away from the SPL arm during normal operation.

Here is my car at ride height (swift springs). aFe sway bars and end links. End links are adjusted to the shortest length. I'm on the stiffest setting and no chopping. I have blue tape there to show any witness marks after shifting the bushings brackets all the way forward.
1643133721730.png
@Msoupe Wanted to involve you in this as well since you have some experience with remedying this issue also. With the SPL front lower control arms & Cusco sway bar, would either the AFE or SPL adjustable end links be enough to remedy the rubbing issue (since they can be shortened and raise up the sway bar ends)? Everything else on my suspension is stock. Thanks! Appreciate the help.

Yalemaier

First Name
Yale
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
IMG_0249.jpeg
IMG_0252.jpeg
IMG_0254.jpeg

I drove the Supra around a bit today and this is what I’m looking at. Honestly the rub is barely noticeable while driving and I only hear it when making very sharp turns. Is this even anything to worry about? Maybe just a little grinding off the end of the sway bar would do the trick.

Rensuhlo

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
IMG_0249.jpeg
IMG_0252.jpeg
IMG_0254.jpeg

I drove the Supra around a bit today and this is what I’m looking at. Honestly the rub is barely noticeable while driving and I only hear it when making very sharp turns. Is this even anything to worry about? Maybe just a little grinding off the end of the sway bar would do the trick.
Having the same marks with stock sway / endlink / SPL arms.
Sponsored