All-new 2023 Nissan Z makes world debut!

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
That's taxes and fees included. The MSRP was likely around $58k
Apply the same fees and taxes to the Z….whats the difference? It will still end up being significantly more than the Z.

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
Nothing wrong with it at all. The whole "more connected" thing is a bunch of BS though. There's absolutely no difference between pulling a paddle to upshift, or move your hand a few inches and do it with a lever instead, which you can do in the Supra too, if you MUST have a phallic object in your hand while driving ?
But seriously, I get it, it adds a degree of skill to driving properly, and that's all good and well, but when I buy/lease a car, I want the best version of it. And that's all preference. A stick, to me, belongs in a car that won't go anywhere in a hurry. Like the GR86, Or a Civic SI, base Cayman/Boxster, or the Z lol. The top of the company's performance car, should have a paddle shift, like the Supra, GT-R, NSX, GT2 RS, C8 and so on. You buy a performance vehicle, it should have performance parts.
That's your opinion so we'll just have agree to disagree. :nixon:

Another way of looking at things is a cheap entry level sport car like the Z is will most likely walk the 2.0 and just like a .4 seconds slower than a "Toyota" halo car. ;)

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Apply the same fees and taxes to the Z….whats the difference? It will still end up being significantly more than the Z.
As it should be. You get a lot more car for the money. Difference is, in the Z you get cheap Nissan shit that isn't worth $30k, let alone 40+ while with the Supra you get quality BMW stuff that under a BMW badge would cost $70k plus. Go spec a Z4 with a B58 and see what you would pay lol.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That's your opinion so we'll just have agree to disagree. :nixon:

Another way of looking at things is a cheap entry level sport car like the Z is will most likely walk the 2.0 and just like a .4 seconds slower than a "Toyota" halo car. ;)
If all you care about is 0-60 times, sure. I'm more interested in lap times. Fit and finish, quality, that kinda stuff. If I only used a car to go from 0-60, that would be great. But my drive is longer than 3.8 seconds :rofl:

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
If all you care about is 0-60 times, sure. I'm more interested in lap times. Fit and finish, quality, that kinda stuff. If I only used a car to go from 0-60, that would be great. But my drive is longer than 3.8 seconds :rofl:
Looking back you also brought up 0-60 time, but ok. We're also car enthusiasts, but the for the general public the new Z will check off many boxes and at a lower price price point. In other words most people are just going daily this thing. Moving onto fit and finish have you sat in the new Z? I know I haven't, so everyone let's stop playing armchair expert. What I can tell you is the interior on their new gens are an improvement over their predecessors. Again, let's not pretend that the Supra doesn't have any issues.

I'll just end with this. I agree with the poster a few pages back. All these back and forth is getting dumb and old. We don't have all the info on the Z yet and no head to head comparison test. All we have is photos to judge looks by and even that is subjective. Also there is clearly bias on here and over there. Supramkv prefers J29 while Nissanzclub prefers Z34 2.0... shocker I know lol. As someone that doesn't own the MKV or a Z car I can say I don't think neither car is prefect by any means. Moving on, I'll be more then happy to circle back to this topic when more info and comparison tests become available. :nixon:

Sub-MkV

First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium Renaissance Red
The Z has not been tested properly at all. Nails and coffins- thats a touch early. What will be interesting is how it fares against both. If its only marginally better than the 2.0 then what lol.

In terms of looks alone, after owning a 370Z, the new one is the epitome of Corporate boring, compromise in terms of looks and without a doubt the same mechanically. Sure it is an improvement vs the 370 but that was not something that would be hard to achieve, given the age of the 370 to begin with.

The Supra is much better looking car to me. The Z is new and much of it is not and styling wise its just already worth forgetting. Its boring overall. Rides higher and weighs more than the Supra. Its a GT as Nissan stated. This is a Z in name only. Its far from the concept of the 240 overall. In terms of mass, its a boat lol. For me the styling of it is already aged.

I wouldn't underestimate the Z pricing. Many people want a "bang for buck" and the manual. I'm fine with my Supra but it isn't a sales winner which I kind of like. It keeps it rare but I feel the Z was made for the American market/mentality of the average car guy here more than the Supra.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Looking back you also brought up 0-60 time, but ok. We're also car enthusiasts, but the for the general public the new Z will check off many boxes and at a lower price price point. In other words most people are just going daily this thing. Moving onto fit and finish have you sat in the new Z? I know I haven't, so everyone let's stop playing armchair expert. What I can tell you is the interior on their new gens are an improvement over their predecessors. Again, let's not pretend that the Supra doesn't have any issues.

I'll just end with this. I agree with the poster a few pages back. All these back and forth is getting dumb and old. We don't have all the info on the Z yet and no head to head comparison test. All we have is photos to judge looks by and even that is subjective. Also there is clearly bias on here and over there. Supramkv prefers J29 while Nissanzclub prefers Z34 2.0... shocker I know lol. As someone that doesn't own the MKV or a Z car I can say I don't think neither car is prefect by any means. Moving on, I'll be more then happy to circle back to this topic when more info and comparison tests become available. :nixon:
Sure, I've brought it up, because it's part of the conversation. But not the be all, end all of it.
But, you're right. We do need more info. Comparisons, reviews, all that good stuff. But those will 99% be of the fully loaded proto or performance versions. I doubt we'll see many bare base models getting tested. Especially against competitors.
Personally, I think the Z sits in a nice hole right in between the BRZ/GT86 and the 3.0 Supra.
Ultimately the 2.0 Supra will suffer the most. Of that there's no surprise.

Chgu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2013 FR-S
All this hype for the manual makes me wonder if Toyota is going to undercut the Z by announcing the 2023 Supra to finally have a manual option sometime next year. I know they've been doing phone surveys lately, and asking what changes we'd like to see.

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
All this hype for the manual makes me wonder if Toyota is going to undercut the Z by announcing the 2023 Supra to finally have a manual option sometime next year. I know they've been doing phone surveys lately, and asking what changes we'd like to see.
Maybe the 4 banger since the EU model does come with a manual in the lower spec Z4, but slim to none chance for the 3.0 according the BMW insider.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Maybe the 4 banger since the EU model does come with a manual in the lower spec Z4, but slim to none chance for the 3.0 according the BMW insider.
Another reason I think, is because of BMW themselves. If the 3.0 Supra was offered with a manual, that could take buyers away from the M2 manual.
Sponsored